Final Fantasy Type-0 HD ships one million copies worldwide

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
The sales are NOT disappointing, I'm completely shitting on the game at this point, I have it right here next to me, I'm not just parroting other people here. The camera is fucking God awful, they didn't even bother to fix it, the graphics are terrible, the story itself is bleak and has terrible character development. The game allows you to miss out on sub-quests easily because it's so confusing as to what's going on. It also limits your time, that aspect of game design was in purely to give a sense of urgency and to promote replayability for a portable title that couldn't fit much onto a UMD.

You wonder why I have this attitude for the sales, it's because I think the game in many ways is shit. It's a mediocre/sub-par game that somehow got its way up to #10 on this list... again... not disappointing.
Damn...

Now I finally see where you're coming from. You ain't defending the poor sales. You're instead saying they are rightly deserved. In that sense, I agree with you. However, I wouldn't say the game is as bad as you say it is.
Actually, I would. I even found the original FFXIII to be better. Hajime Tabata just can't direct a game with a good camera (bar Crisis Core), which is my main worry for FFXV going off the camera in Episode Duscae.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Damn...

Now I finally see where you're coming from. You ain't defending the poor sales. You're instead saying they are rightly deserved. In that sense, I agree with you. However, I wouldn't say the game is as bad as you say it is.
Actually, I would. I even found the original FFXIII to be better. Hajime Tabata just can't direct a game with a good camera (bar Crisis Core), which is my main worry for FFXV going off the camera in Episode Duscae.
The camera in FFXV is fine though, the only problem currently is the lock on, and some minor tweaking here and there.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
The camera in FFXV is fine though, the only problem currently is the lock on, and some minor tweaking here and there.
I have to respectfully disagree. The camera is far too close behind Noctis, meaning the player has a limited view of the battlefield. I would like to see it pulled back a bit more. Also, it would be good if we could have full control over the camera positioning like we had in FFXII. For example, in FFXII you could make it so the camera provided an aerial view of the battlefield. FFXV currently doesn't offer that. The more camera choice for the player, the better.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I have to respectfully disagree. The camera is far too close behind Noctis, meaning the player has a limited view of the battlefield. I would like to see it pulled back a bit more. Also, it would be good if we could have full control over the camera positioning like we had in FFXII. For example, in FFXII you could make it so the camera provided an aerial view of the battlefield. FFXV currently doesn't offer that. The more camera choice for the player, the better.
Sorry, that is what I mean for tweaks for the most part. I'm used to XIV camera though playing it so much where I can pull and zoom the camera in. But, in comparison to Type-0 the camera is not like that. I do agree, those changes or some of them should be made to make the experience better. However, I'm fairly certain this is just early camera for now anyways given we will have larger scale battles. The camera pans out sometimes as it is, just not reliably. Tweaking will be made hopefully with some good flexibility.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
Sorry, that is what I mean for tweaks for the most part. I'm used to XIV camera though playing it so much where I can pull and zoom the camera in. But, in comparison to Type-0 the camera is not like that. I do agree, those changes or some of them should be made to make the experience better. However, I'm fairly certain this is just early camera for now anyways given we will have larger scale battles. The camera pans out sometimes as it is, just not reliably. Tweaking will be made hopefully with some good flexibility.
Yes, the FFXIV ARR camera feels very much like an evolution of FFXII camera. Fitting, considering that the FFXII staff made the game. I remain cautiously optimistic about the FFXV camera come the final game, but going off the camera in Type-0 HD, which Tabata said was greatly improved from the PSP version, I'm still somewhat worried. Tabata has very directed a game with a good camera besides Crisis Core. Going off Episode Duscae, I honestly don't see FFXV changing that.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Yes, the FFXIV ARR camera feels very much like an evolution of FFXII camera. Fitting, considering that the FFXII staff made the game. I remain cautiously optimistic about the FFXV camera come the final game, but going off the camera in Type-0 HD, which Tabata said was greatly improved from the PSP version, I'm still somewhat worried. Tabata has very directed a game with a good camera besides Crisis Core. Going off Episode Duscae, I honestly don't see FFXV changing that.
Again, there's a huge difference between the camera in Type-0 and XV.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
It may have been said before but i will repeat anyway : the true problem with XV camera is the lock on during combat, moving the camera around is totally fine.
Not just the lock-on, but also the camera is too closely behind Noctis a lot of the time.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Not just the lock-on, but also the camera is too closely behind Noctis a lot of the time.
Well, most of the time it's fine being behind him because you don't need to see much. Most third person games have fix zoom cameras for the most part, only games like MMOs have really let you zoom your camera out like that out of preset zoom levels. I imagine that XV will just zoom out whenever there's more going on which it kind of does already.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
Well, most of the time it's fine being behind him because you don't need to see much. Most third person games have fix zoom cameras for the most part, only games like MMOs have really let you zoom your camera out like that out of preset zoom levels. I imagine that XV will just zoom out whenever there's more going on which it kind of does already.
The thing is, in the January 2011 trailer for VersusXIII, the camera was more pulled back; you had a wider field of view of the battlefield. Now that Tabata is in the director's seat, he's brought the camera in closer to the action in an effort to make it feel more up close like Gears of War and The Last of Us. Personally, I would like the camera to return to how it was when it was VersusXIII.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The thing is, in the January 2011 trailer for VersusXIII, the camera was more pulled back; you had a wider field of view of the battlefield. Now that Tabata is in the director's seat, he's brought the camera in closer to the action in an effort to make it feel more up close like Gears of War and The Last of Us. Personally, I would like the camera to return to how it was when it was VersusXIII.
The camera pulls out in battle though, like I said, it just needs to be tweaked. Versus also had different physics as well, there's no real reason to compare the two games. Just tell Tabata you want the camera to be changed and I'm sure he will do it if enough people ask for it. As of now, I'm sure they are going to tweak it as it stands anyways given that they aren't done with it.

Neither Versus XIII or XV were/are completed games, there's no sense in making mention over something that clearly is in production as these problems will get ironed out. You can make mention of The 3rd Birthday and Type-0 all you want, but those were games on the PSP which didn't even have a right analog stick to begin with. This is just a conversation that I feel will just loop back on itself, so I'm trying to stop that here preemptively.

Let's not worry so much about something early in development.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
The camera pulls out in battle though, like I said, it just needs to be tweaked. Versus also had different physics as well, there's no real reason to compare the two games. Just tell Tabata you want the camera to be changed and I'm sure he will do it if enough people ask for it. As of now, I'm sure they are going to tweak it as it stands anyways given that they aren't done with it.

Neither Versus XIII or XV were/are completed games, there's no sense in making mention over something that clearly is in production as these problems will get ironed out. You can make mention of The 3rd Birthday and Type-0 all you want, but those were games on the PSP which didn't even have a right analog stick to begin with. This is just a conversation that I feel will just loop back on itself, so I'm trying to stop that here preemptively.

Let's not worry so much about something early in development.
Agreed. Let's just wait until the final game releases before we start pointing out how awful the camera is and how Tabata can't direct a game with a good camera. :p