Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Now with all the talk surrounding the possible PS4K/PS4.5, do you think we will be getting an updated version via re-release or a patch for FFXV?
A shame that the PS4K will apparently release 2-3 months after FFXV :( I wanted to buy my first current-gen console with FFXV and getting a upgraded PS4 would have been perfect (if games run and look significantly better).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
I really hope he's not over hyping, I want this to be the actual hype levels!
I've seen his posts there for a while. He's usually pretty laid back an devoid of hype. He's been on record as saying that FFXV is the first game (might have been second) that he worked on that he's also going to play. He's really high on FFXV.

That quote was from a thread about the trailer, and specifically Tabata's claim that the new trailer would blow our minds (paraphrased). The thread creator, and myself, both were pretty skeptical that it would beat the E3 2013 trailer. That's when Spiro came in and took over the thread.

Basically, go ahead and believe the hype. He's usually pretty damn level headed.

Is that map bigger than the one fans claimed to equate to 780 square miles? And much more importantly, what's that tower off to the side? A hint of an optional dungeon perhaps? OR maybe someone just didn't clean off the table, lol.
The tower is that building in Insomnia.
You can also see the bridge back in the Versus days.
And the white points are cities.
Unbenannt.png

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
The tower is that building in Insomnia.
You can also see the bridge back in the Versus days.
And the white points are cities.
View attachment 334
Nicely put, together.

If these pins are cities/towns - I wonder why Altissa didn't get one.
Then again, neither did Insomnia.
We know for certain that one town, Caem, should be both near Insomnia and on the coast. The one just North-West of where you wrote 'cities' seems a likely candidate.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
There goes my hope of the game not being longer than 40hs, though it still may be possible to beat the game under that time.
I doubt it. When they say something is a 40 hour story mode, that's if you know where you're going and what you're doing and you don't dawdle. FFXII, I think, was called a 40 hour story, but the average in real life terms is 58 hours: http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3529

That's the longest story mode in any FF game, and this one sounds like it could potentially top it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 330 hour platinum trophy here.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
I would´t trust that page too much. FFX is said to take 49hs to complete the main story but I managed to reach the ending in 25hs.
I'd take that site over just about anything. It's real play times averaged out. Any game with a sufficient data should be more or less accurate, and that's average, not best possible times.

And I'm sorry, but I find 25 hours to be likely an exaggeration, or you weren't as close to the end as you thought because I'd have a hard time seeing 25 hours on a speed run. Neither of these numbers relate to speed runs anyway, it's about how long it takes on average. I've played a lot, lot, lot of FFX. I can't see normal players beating that in 25 hours at all. Not even close.

I would´t trust that page too much. FFX is said to take 49hs to complete the main story but I managed to reach the ending in 25hs.
Your time sits between a speedrun and a rushed playthrough, according to this site.
I'd say that it's a decent indicator of what to expect on your first playthrough.
Sure, it's possible to hit 25hrs when you know what you're doing. If you hit that on your first go; colour me impressed.

A more detailed translation of the stream:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/2...main-story-length-frame-rate-airship-cactuar/
  • Cactuars will make an appearance. They’re powerful opponents that will be able to dodge Shift Breaks.
  • Square Enix will have plenty of surprises for their event on March 31st, and to expect a trailer in Japanese as well.
  • The father of Final Fantasy in Hironobu Sakaguchi called out Tabata saying “Let me tell you my impression on the Final Fantasy XV demo.” While Tabata can’t say what they talked about, he mentions with a laugh that Sakaguchi had a whole lot to say.
  • A playable tech demo will be properly shown at the event.
  • As for the play time, at first Square Enix estimated that it would take about 40 hours to clear the main scenario, but this has since then been bumped up to 50 hours. They’re currently not at the final stages of balancing out the game, but making optimal balances. They say that the game has more volume than they thought it would.
  • As for the Airship, it has been decided from long ago on how they would introduce it into the game. It’s something that would have you say “this is the kind of Airship that should be in Final Fantasy XV.”
  • Maintaining a frame rate of 30fps is their objective. This has not been completely optimized as of yet, as there are times where it breaks 30. They will continue making adjustments until the last minute before the game goes gold. If they’re unable to fixate on the 30fps, they will do something different.
  • As for the game’s resolution, it’ll be revealed at the release event on March 31st.
  • As for a PS4 bundle version, Square Enix is working on making it happen.