Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm picturing Tabata sitting in that room making that same announcement for every language that they're planning to work with, which most likely includes Spanish as well.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
I just hope the european languages (especially german) will sound good, well at least like the english one (Noctis' voice sounded too deep, but the rest good/okay.)

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
Anyone with any irrational predictions for next week?

I am on record with saying that I think they will surprise us by revealing that there will be airships, and I predict we will see the moogle.
We'll see in-game footage of Altissia, Luna and Gentiana in combat, and the reveal of the guest system working like Kingdom Hearts's. lol

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I-would-like-the-battle-mode-to-be-similar-to-FFXII's-active-and-wait-system,-but-more-evolved.-What-if-the-evolution-of-atb-would-be-a-mix-of-Chrono-Cross's-battle-system-where-it-still-maintains-an-action-like-control-but-is-at-the-same-time-turn-based/atb.-I-Think-FFXV-should-do-something-like-that-where-in-one-mode-is-Arpg-but-for-those-who-don't-want-to-play-that-way-all-they-need-to-do-is-go-to-options-and-switch-battle-modes-to-something-that-is-inbetween-both-CC-and-FFXIIILR-battle-system.
I-don't-really-like-the-thought-of-an-action-based-battle-system-that-can-be-changed-to-turn-based-by-the-press-of-a-button.-Something-about-that-makes-me-feel-like-the-combat-wasn't-truly-action-based-in-the-first-place-(talking-about-timing-sensitive-guard/parry/evade,-and-positioning).-I-absolutly-loved-LR's-hybrid-combat,-but-if-FFXV-could-be-changed-to-something-like-that-optionally-I-think-it'd-be-a-bad-compromise-with-the-worst-of-both-worlds.

I-assume-the-two-different-battle-modes-are-more-about-the-"hold-button-to-guard/attack-automatically"-and-automatic-weapon-switching-instead-of-manual.
The hold L1 to Guard thing is still used in more recent builds, as I stated many times, this is definitely due to the different combat modes, along with Parrying being like in Duscae for the more tactical mode, while a parry similar to KH is likely the system used in the more action based mode. I have supported this theory many times now, and with every bit of information it just further gets proved as more likely to be the case.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Ask and ye shall receive:

Edit: French confirmed as well, but at this point, I feel like we don't need more videos :p
It's nice they care about us. Again, I won't have the subs in Spanish, but it's nice anyway. There's not much difference between Spain and Latin American subs except for some words. For example: Money = "Pasta" in Spain (ugh), "Dinero" in Latin America. Here, we hate the jargon they use in Spain.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It's nice they care about us. Again, I won't have the subs in Spanish, but it's nice anyway. There's not much difference between Spain and Latin American subs except for some words. For example: Money = "Pasta" in Spain (ugh), "Dinero" in Latin America. Here, we hate the jargon they use in Spain.
I love pasta.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I don't know if we 'hate' the way Spaniards talk (I've grown accustomed to play games in Euro Esp since the 2000s... before that it was English or Japanese, you didn't really have a chance), but it'll be nice to have the subs with our idioms. I just hope that if the translation is done in Mexico, they keep it as neutral as possible.

Though I have to admit that at first I thought Tabata-san was going to say that the game was being DUBBED into LA Spanish u.u It dissappointed me a little.