Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Like the man said:

DrBretto said:
This is the news thread, not the baseless rumors thread. Link, or some explanation, or don't report it like it's truth.
Edit: Especially, since, no offense, you have not been especially good at fact-checking to this point.
A Neo version of FFXV announced at the Sony meeting tomorrow is certainly plausible, but an unsourced box cover isn't proof, especially in the age of Photoshop.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm calling photoshop. I'd be shocked if "Neo" was that system's actual name and not just an internal codename.
My thoughts exactly.

Especially considering that the "Morpheus" is now branded as the PSVR. If they were going to keep the names, they'd have kept the names. Neo and Morpheus kinda go together. :p

Like the man said:

A Neo version of FFXV announced at the Sony meeting tomorrow is certainly plausible, but an unsourced box cover isn't proof, especially in the age of Photoshop.
And especially since there's not necessarily a need to put that on the boxes. It'll be a patch, not a separate version of the game. Unless they are redesigning the boxes for all of the copies, there's no need for that.

Edit: Not that this precludes the possibility that it's real, either. That's just not proof. I need to see a source.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
At best I can see a XV NEO announcement happening, although I don´t think this version will release at the same time as vanilla XV.

EDIT: I mean working a patch for a third "different" platform is something I can´t see the dev team taking the risk if they want to have a sucessful initial lunch in vanilla current gen consoles.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://kotaku.com/two-surprisingly-good-hours-with-final-fantasy-xv-1786257755

"At one point I found a book called ‘Cosmogony’
that described a bunch of summon creatures:
Titan, Ramuh, Shiva, Leviathan, Bahamut, and Ifrit
I would guess those are the core summons we’ll see in FFXV, although I’m sure there’s also a hidden beast or two. (Here’s hoping for an Ultros summon.)"

oh man it would be amazing if this is a big book and the pages are scattered around the world.

"At one point, for example, Noctis and crew ran into an unscrupulous journalist named Dino. Dino, the press sneak fuck he is, threatened to tell everyone that the crown prince was wandering around the Duscae wilderness unless Noctis went and got him a rare gemstone from a nearby mountain range."

lmao

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
At one point I found a book called ‘Cosmogony’
Wow, the verse from the end of Episode Duscae is from something called "Cosmology". That book's going to be jampacked with stuff!
oh man it would be amazing if this is a big book and the pages are scattered around the world.
It would be a nice version of the Datalog from the XIII games and Rubicus from Type-0.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
http://kotaku.com/two-surprisingly-good-hours-with-final-fantasy-xv-1786257755

"At one point I found a book called ‘Cosmogony’
that described a bunch of summon creatures:
Titan, Ramuh, Shiva, Leviathan, Bahamut, and Ifrit
I would guess those are the core summons we’ll see in FFXV, although I’m sure there’s also a hidden beast or two. (Here’s hoping for an Ultros summon.)"

"At one point, for example, Noctis and crew ran into an unscrupulous journalist named Dino. Dino, the press sneak fuck he is, threatened to tell everyone that the crown prince was wandering around the Duscae wilderness unless Noctis went and got him a rare gemstone from a nearby mountain range."

lmao
Ultros is a daemon, we're not going to summon it.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
Ultros is a daemon, we're not going to summon it.
That's actually from the article.
I don't know why he'd think Ultros would be a summon.

I'm happy that the game seems to be coming together nicely. I'm a lot more reassured by the delay.

I can already sees what he means about a natural rhythm from the Gamescom footage. All the systems are really tied well to each other.
I've been seeing a lot of praise for the combat - and it does look better than ever.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I can already sees what he means about a natural rhythm from the Gamescom footage.
I think this is the difference between how this game was perceived before and how it's being perceived now. Not with the fans, but with the rational people :p

Until that 50 minute video, and the chapters 1-3 playable for the press, it's hard for anyone but a superfan to really get the whole picture. And if you split any RPG down to its individual parts, it's easy to pick it apart. And, once put together, it has to exceed even the superfans' expectations and it did.

Now with the press seemingly on board, if the polish takes care of the performance issues, this game should be very well received.