Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Hai guys, my first post here :3

Im a little bit worried, just find new video from PAX, which shows Titan demo:

I don't really know, but since its from PAX its supposed to be a new build, but still its still had really bad camera angles and slow QTE, i really though SE change it. Maybe its older build?
Don't really bothers me, i can handle this camera easy, but i can see tons of casuals and game journalists blame the game about that.
Also, what do you guys think about FFXV being GOTY contender? They release game 2 day before Game Awards, i really want to be this game success, not because i really care about metacritic or smth, just want to shut up some of my friends about "lol japanese games" :woot:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
That's most likely what part of the Titan fight actually is. In context, with buildup, it won't seem quite as lame, I promise. But, don't expect some kind of crazy skill-based fight. This is like any of the scripted story battles in every FF game. Only, with all kinds of stuff going on. It's not what the rest of the game is like.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
yeah, i remember him saying that, forgot in which interview tho.

also the demo was designed to be a special mission for E3 so that part might be different in the final game anyway.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I remember Tabata said that part is like 30% of the whole fight? I hope so.
Im the only one who thinks that fighting against humanoid enemies is more excited than big creatures?

Thanks /
Yeah, you remember correctly. It's just there to be epic interactive story element. And in the real thing, you'll have hours of buildup to it. You don't just walk up to Titan, then you do this 10 minutes of dodging and then he joins you. Out of context, it looks dumb. In context, it might be different.

And you are definitely not the only one on the humanoid fights. That's been pretty universal from anyone that's commented on it, I think. The Arenea fights look like they're going to be pretty fun.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Also, what do you guys think about FFXV being GOTY contender? They release game 2 day before Game Awards, i really want to be this game success, not because i really care about metacritic or smth, just want to shut up some of my friends about "lol japanese games" :woot:
I hope reviewers get the game a few weeks before then.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Not that the GA are important, but I guess that FF XV could technically participate during next year's competition, considering how close the dates are?

BTW, what do you expect from TGS? A meaty trailer should actually be there, I guess, all things considered. A new demo? Or are they taking there the newest build they have avaible and allowing people play the same thing people played at GC and PAX?

Also, when should we expect S-E's coverage (FF XV and other things)? I've been out of the loop lately and don't know if they announced a specific date for a conference or something (like Sony, which is having one on Tuesday).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
there will be a new demo for sure and i expect a big story trailer,

my main criticism about the FFXV's marketing is that they show/talk too much about gameplay and tech but less about story; the trailers that got me hyped in the past were story-heavy, with many CG scenes (this is one of the reasons Versus XIII trailers were better).

the story for me is the biggest selling point.

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Oh, sweet. Thanks, guys!

Mmh, the same demo (first few chapters) sounds about right. The stage presentation is probably going to be a setpiece or a big enough moment, Leviathan? I'd rather they stopped showing these battles and summons in general, but it's not like it ruins my experience that much, so it's cool. I actually love the hype train, as long as stupid this ride has been, lol.

And I totally expect this trailer to have the biggest amount of story content to this date (ever since the 2014 re-re-reveal). So far, they've either been gameplay focused ones or a mix of both gameplay and story. And it's mostly been about the earlier parts of the game, so I don't know, maybe S-E has really learnt and won't spoil their games to death. Their previous games' have been ridiculous in this front: man, Japanese magazines can be ruthless, lol.

Or they can start bombing us with spoilerific moments as soon as next week hits :)

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

my main criticism about the FFXV's marketing is that they show/talk too much about gameplay and tech but less about story; the trailers that got me hyped in the past were story-heavy, with many CG scenes (this is one for the reasons Versus XIII trailers were better).

That intentional. The story stuff is for the home stretch. Expect more of that for TGS.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

my main criticism about the FFXV's marketing is that they show/talk too much about gameplay and tech but less about story; the trailers that got me hyped in the past were story-heavy, with many CG scenes (this is one of the reasons Versus XIII trailers were better).

I personally disagree, found E3 2013 and Uncovered to be better than Versus in that department.

Plus spoilers evasion (even if its kinda frustrating at times).

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Hai guys, my first post here :3

Im a little bit worried, just find new video from PAX, which shows Titan demo:

I don't really know, but since its from PAX its supposed to be a new build, but still its still had really bad camera angles and slow QTE, i really though SE change it. Maybe its older build?
Don't really bothers me, i can handle this camera easy, but i can see tons of casuals and game journalists blame the game about that.
I'll try to clarify:
1. The Titan gameplay was at the Sony booth, and it's not a new build.
2. The demo at the FFXV booth was the Gamescom build (very bad IQ and all, also it was running on Xbone)
3. The 'improved' build was shown at the PAX panel playthrough, AFAIK, no one has gotten their hands on it yet

Camera was the main complaint on the new (no.3) build, specially on narrow corridors.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
2. The demo at the FFXV booth was the Gamescom build (very bad IQ and all, also it was running on Xbone)
3. The 'improved' build was shown at the PAX panel playthrough, AFAIK, no one has gotten their hands on it yet
You was at PAX? I thought they added free car steering at PAX build, which everyome experienced.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
These statements conflict with each other. Visual impression can only go so far, thats not to say the camera didn't look somewhat wonky in narrow spaces of course.
I don't have anything to add about the accuracy of his claims, but those don't contradict each other. You (presumably) haven't gotten your hands on the Titan demo, but you were shown it and that's how you know the camera is a bit wonky.