Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Geez! All of this footage, all of these eager impressions! I'm starting to feel that crazy excitement. And to think that this is only a sample of the entire experience.

I fucking love the bros, now more than ever. The way they interact with one another is amazing and very amusing. You can even get a sense of each of their demeanor & personalities from their "detail as fuck" animations, both in and out of battle. Awesome!
The battle system looks to not only be fun as hell, but very addicting with the potential options and customization. I can't wait to see how magic and summons tie in to the flow of it all. I bet those end game battles will look and feel incredible too!

May 26, 2014
Omnis lacrima for the behemoth fight, sweet!

Anyway, I've only skimmed this article so far, but I'm surprised at how positively it's being received.

I fucking love the bros, now more than ever. The way they interact with one another is amazing and very amusing. You can even get a sense of each of their demeanor & personalities from their "detail as fuck" animations, both in and out of battle. Awesome!
What I find particularly great is how each character's personality is reflecting in his fighting style. Ignis always stays close to Noctis. Prompto runs around like nobody's business. And I guess Gladiolus just walks right up to enemies and starts slashing away. It's nice that, since you can't control everyone, they're giving each character his own little quirk in battle. Really makes them all feel like different people.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I decided I shouldn't watch too much because it'll spoil the fun when (or if) I play the demo. Since the previews sound really positive so far, I want to be able to enjoy it as much as possible.

Dat hair and cloth animation due to the wind during IGN's video was absolutely stunning.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
So, type-0 has leaked here in UAE and Qatar.

I was going to buy it, but it's the EU ver. so you can't play the demo until 20-3, I'm gonna wait tell the US ver.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Omnis lacrima for the behemoth fight, sweet!

Anyway, I've only skimmed this article so far, but I'm surprised at how positively it's being received.

What I find particularly great is how each character's personality is reflecting in his fighting style. Ignis always stays close to Noctis. Prompto runs around like nobody's business. And I guess Gladiolus just walks right up to enemies and starts slashing away. It's nice that, since you can't control everyone, they're giving each character his own little quirk in battle. Really makes them all feel like different people.
I wish I could like this comment twice.

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
I heard the summon was spoil...I mean revealed.
Now, I don't want to know who the summon is (as I'm sure many don't).
But, is there any info on summon mechanics? Are they controllable?

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
I know who the summon is, but the famitsu article didnt spoiled the mechanics.
hope they are controllable.
Thanks for the reply, and for not spoiling :)

Yeah, really hope they are controllable. Would be number 1 on my wishlist for the game, as the summon designs and scale are particularly appealing this time round.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I'm sure this video has been posted, but the reason why I bring it up again because I just wanted to they did an excellent job on choosing Noctis English Voice. I felt that way since we first heard them last year but now we have heard more and I can confirm I love it. Far more than the Japanese one, which is my opinion.

But I always imagine Noctis with a real deep and edgy voice, it fits his character to me.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Impressions regarding the demo seem to be mixed. Some saying it's a welcomed fresh take on the series. Others complaining of dated mechanics and graphical issues. Tabata has a long road ahead of him.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Impressions regarding the demo seem to be mixed. Some saying it's a welcomed fresh take on the series. Others complaining of dated mechanics and graphical issues. Tabata has a long road ahead of him.
I haven't seen anyone complain about "dated mechanics", but anyone who complains about graphical issues is doing it for attention. Tabata already stated that the graphics in the demo won't reflect the final product, nor will it have a stable frame rate.

Where have you seen people complain about "dated mechanics"? I can't even imagine what those would be.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
I haven't seen anyone complain about "dated mechanics", but anyone who complains about graphical issues is doing it for attention. Tabata already stated that the graphics in the demo won't reflect the final product, nor will it have a stable frame rate.

Where have you seen people complain about "dated mechanics"? I can't even imagine what those would be.
Yeah, I didn't see any review complained about the mechanics..

btw, where can we talk about Type-0 HD? I'm playing it right now and having a blast.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013

A preview on USGamer I skimmed through mentioned something to the effect of the demo showing its PS3 roots. Along with graphics not being above board.