Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Yay! One that is almost kinda of negative a little bit so people will actually believe him, lol.
It's not really that negative [EDIT: lol, oops, you said that yourself] besides the same concerns about the story feeling unexplained. He loved the small moments, the road-trip feeling, set-pieces etc. as much as the Polygon one:

It's an interesting set-up, but these relationships are barely explored in Final Fantasy 15's opening chapters.

[...]

Without these two important bits of media (which are, admittedly, both good and worth watching), you're effectively thrown into the middle of a story that's nearing the end of its first act and are expected to absorb everything in media res, and Final Fantasy 15 isn't doing a great job so far of getting everyone up to speed.

Where Final Fantasy 15's story is winning me over, though, is in its moment-to-moment scenarios and side quests, and there are some truly impressive set-pieces within those opening chapters.

[...]

As much as the combat and those big set-pieces are Final Fantasy 15’s more impressive draw, it's the small moments that I cherished the most.

[...]

It's a deeply strange juxtaposition, and having those grounded moments where you get lost in the routine of everyday life in a world where a giant freaking crystal meteor just hangs out in the middle of a big open valley makes it all the more intoxicating.

[...]

I'm not sure how (or even if) Final Fantasy 15's later chapters will attempt to fix the issues I have with its story, but even if it doesn't, I've enjoyed my time exploring its strange world and experiencing what it has to offer, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.​

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Yeah. I'm not terribly worried about the story itself from 5 chapters, either. What's more interesting to me is what people are saying about how alive the world feels, because that's the x-factor I've been seeing with this game for a while. I feel like Eos will be one of the more fleshed out worlds we've seen.

If those are negative previews, I'm breaking into SE's offices and pilfering the master. (Of course, I'll leave a C-note for the trouble.)

To my eyes, they read like a guarded surprise/relief that the game is actually good, given the game's very public development history. I'm thinking we're going to see very nice review scores.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Man, what a muted reaction to what is basically a giant pile of FFXV news in the middle of a slow news stretch. I gotta say, I'm getting sick of previews and just want the game at this point, too.

Finished the polygon video. I'm not totally sure that looks like the latest build, but maybe that's the compression. The gameplay, though... that was brutal to sit through. The player, I mean.