Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
from neogaf:

edit: derp google translation

http://www.gamergen.com/tests/previ...roadtrip-baston-magie-drame-combines-277715-4

"Finally, after five hours of play, we leave this session satisfied with what we got hands. The game is fun to play, teeming with small details and things to do, and his script is increasingly taking as and progresses, even if sometimes we'd stick a couple of slaps to Noctis. Final Fantasy XV will probably not perfect, but it is undoubtedly party to be a very good and a good RPG Final Fantasy because it seems to possess all the fans enjoy the show."

http://www.gamer-network.fr/actualites/161886-preview-final-fantasy-xv-8-heures

"Despite some failures on the graphics of the open world and Regalia whose conduct is not really a, Final Fantasy XV managed to impose beautiful and intense fight sequences. Production of Square Enix awaited reassured us on gameplay but also on the progress screenplay of his game, we let ourselves go with the quest for Noctis and his band. Some detours with farm sessions and monster hunting will be necessary to intelligently prepare in Chapter 4, the titanic struggles should impress gamers. These first eight hours are positive for a game that will enchant fans of the series but not only ..."

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, one of the previews said he couldn't put it a the top of RPGs.
I was joking, lol. It was something in one of the French translations that triggered it. I read that line, though. But, I took it more like he couldn't call it that without seeing the full game, not that it couldn't end up being there.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Did anyone say "instant classic" yet? Or are they saving that for the reviews?
Well, one of the previews said he couldn't put it a the top of RPGs.
This is not something that you can give to any game on its release, time needs to pass first, look in hindsight the historical context and then you might give said title to the game.
Then what "classic"exactly means?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
This is not something that you can give to any game on its release, time needs to pass first, look in hindsight the historical context and then you might give said title to the game.
Then what "classic"exactly means?
Well, an Instant Classic specifically refers to something that you can tell will be a classic on release.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i'm fine if this game doesn't end up being an instant classic or a masterpiece, all FFXV needs to be is a great title. Final Fantasy status quo won't change from night to day with one game only, but this process can begin right now.

Sep 27, 2013
I don't really care what other critics say, and whether it's called a classic or not. I love what I'm seeing from the gameplay and there's no way I'm not going to enjoy this game. I hope others do to, and that Square wins back some of their money and longtime fans, regardless of what some reviews say.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
i'm fine if this game doesn't end up being an instant classic or a masterpiece, all FFXV needs to be is a great title. Final Fantasy status quo won't change from night to day with one game only, but this process can begin right now.
I don't think it's one game only. This really started with FFXIV. They appear to have has a legitimate change in direction, and for the better. I don't think of FFXV as the one that started it, I think if it as the one that will nail it in.

For me playing the game, I don't care if it scores a 7 and everyone hates it, as long as I enjoy it. But that's not what this is about. There's a bigger, more interesting story unfolding in front of us and it's the return of a beloved franchise, and hopefully, along with everything else they've been doing right, reason to believe it's ushering in a new era for the franchise and fans of it.

This matters. And it's ok that it does. I've seen this exact same thing happen before with two sports franchises in a much, much more passionate fanbase for a franchise with a much, much longer streak of suck. In a much more hyperbolic and reactionary setting, if you can imagine, lol.

It's ok to root for this.

I know I can come off like I'm saying I told you so, but I feel more like the scout in the crow's nest of a pirate ship, and what I'm really saying is everybody quit your squabbling and look. I can see the land. We're almost there. Let's fuckin party.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I know I can come off like I'm saying I told you so, but I feel more like the scout in the crow's nest of a pirate ship, and what I'm really saying is everybody quit your squabbling and look. I can see the land. We're almost there. Let's fuckin party.
Yes sir. It's like these are video games, made to delight and entertain. They're like the least consequential thing out there, and I can't fathom basing my existence on delighting in a game's failure.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Call me skeptical but I'm not buying into that footage being the whole representation of the Titan boss battle. I believe its possible it may have a second phaae/transformation, especially considering that Jump Festa 2015 showed its entire body facing against Noctis.

Jul 16, 2015
Call me skeptical but I'm not buying into that footage being the whole representation of the Titan boss battle. I believe its possible it may have a second phaae/transformation, especially considering that Jump Festa 2015 showed its entire body facing against Noctis.
Tabata has already said that the part where Noctis cuts off Titans arm isn't the end of the fight.

Jul 16, 2015
Is it possible that these preview builds are deliberately missing story elements (like the full Titan fight) to keep them under wraps?
Yes a lot are missing story footage. I would assume they completed the full Titan fight. A French site uploaded a video that shows some snippets of footage of areas that the other previews didn't show like some areas of Lestallum and other places.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Yes a lot are missing story footage. I would assume they completed the full Titan fight. A French site uploaded a video that shows some snippets of footage of areas that the other previews didn't show like some areas of Lestallum and other places.
Are you talking about the preview videos publicly available? I was referring to the builds the previewers received. They played the first 4-5 chapters, but I'm wondering (aloud) that if those builds were missing story beats (like the complete Titan fight).

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Also wanted to mention this

Is it me or does the VA with Noctis and Gladiolus sound off/poor in chapter 4? Compared to their performance in previous chapters, i was surprisingly let down during their exchange before the titan battle.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
Are you talking about the preview videos publicly available? I was referring to the builds the previewers received. They played the first 4-5 chapters, but I'm wondering (aloud) that if those builds were missing story beats (like the complete Titan fight).
Yes I'm talking about a French previewer that uploaded a video today that showed a few other things that others vids didn't show. I'm just saying that things were definitely edited to not show spoilers and such. I am confident that they made it past the Titan fight in there preview builds.

Jul 16, 2015
Just downloaded some direct-feed footage from gamersyde and holy mother of god its just incomparable with youtube, game is truly gorgeous, probably the best looking game of this gen.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ffxv_homemade_videos-18486_en.html
Yea I saw the driving video from Gamersyde yesterday and it was gorgeous. I can't believe how much the image quality has been improved along with pretty much everything else. Good god do you guys remember how blurry and jaggy everything used to look?. So happy they have made such massive strides in improving the graphics.

Oct 19, 2013
Just downloaded some direct-feed footage from gamersyde and holy mother of god its just incomparable with youtube, game is truly gorgeous, probably the best looking game of this gen.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ffxv_homemade_videos-18486_en.html
Yea I saw the driving video from Gamersyde yesterday and it was gorgeous. I can't believe how much the image quality has been improved along with pretty much everything else. Good god do you guys remember how blurry and jaggy everything used to look?. So happy they have made such massive strides in improving the graphics.
Man, it really does look great.