Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
First time I ever heard Stand By Me I felt a bit weirded out but now I absolutely love it. It's my favourite rendition of the song now.

With that being said I do wish they'd go back to using Japanese music for their games.

With this game I hope Somnus has a more prominent role and we are able to hear many renditions of it throughout the game.

Boss theme version of Somnus playing during the final battle... oh god please.
It would be similar to Xion's theme in KH. A slow beautiful version and a dramatic heart pounding one filled with sorrow and regret.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
I'm very happy with what little I've heard from the XV ost overall.
A real return to form.
XIII's soundtrack was pretty boring and forgetful for me.
The only tracks that meant anything and stuck with me were Dust To Dust, Born Anew, Atonement and the Chocobo Theme.
Dust to Dust was magnificent, same with the main title theme and Barthandelus boss theme. But yes not many memorable tracks aside from the ones mentioned.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Boss theme version of Somnus playing during the final battle... oh god please.
It would be similar to Xion's theme in KH.
Bro, that would be awesome.

Xenosaga III did an amazing job on integrating the music you hear in the opening scene into the final battle and it is so emotionally impacting for me. Please take a listen to both these tracks to understand wahts I mean:

Intro song

Final boss song(listen from 1:45)

Would be epic if they integrated Somnus into the final battle in that fashion :D

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Bro, that would be awesome.

Xenosaga III did an amazing job on integrating the music you hear in the opening scene into the final battle and it is so emotionally impacting for me. Please take a listen to both these tracks to understand wahts I mean:

Intro song

Final boss song(listen from 1:45)

Would be epic if they integrated Somnus into the final battle in that fashion :D
Damn that's freaking nice!

FFXV soundtrack is already my fav in the series right now but if there really is a boss theme version for Somnus it would be really hard to knock it off the top of my list.

Man Somnus is a musical masterpiece.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Like I've said, I've heard very little of FFXV's ost. But it's already there with the greats and had that 'instant classic' feel for the ost.

My ears are looking forward to the bliss of Yoko Shimomura and I believe that she will be able to top the likes of Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel!

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
So, a few days ago, I was listening to Michi, one of the songs in Utada Hikaru's last album, Fantôme. I thought the song was so fitting for FFXV, and wanted to do a trailer/video/whatever with it. The problem was, I had 0 video editing experience. Despite that, I bought a software and tried to do it anyway. Thought some here might be interested in beta-testing the result, for those you can download the video here. I'm open to feedback, so don't go easy on me. :p

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
So I was just talking to my friend about how long I've been waiting for this game (she doesn't play games) so she was like "You've only been waiting 4.70*E-6 % of a Galactic Year, that's nothing!" and now I feel so much better about my wait. Wbu guys? How have you managed to cope and say "Ha, 10 year is nothing, its only _____ "

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Speaking of theme songs, anyone happy with Stand by Me being the theme song? I don't know about you but for me it felt exactly like what My Hands. Feels like Kiss Me Goodbye is the last 'great' FF theme song. Nothing after it moves me to tears. Well I will have to play the game to judge.
Stand by Me is a fantastic theme song, especially in the F+tM arrangement. It actually feels a lot more fitting than Kiss Me Goodbye to me (which was nice, but didn't feel like it had anything to do with the game it was attached to.

As for the last great FF theme song prior to FFXV, I'd argue that that came much more recently -- I've never played XIV, but Answers is a masterpiece. <3

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
I honestly feel nothing about Stand by Me, its just there for me.
But "Too Much is Never Enough" and "I Will Be" one of the favorite pieces in this game. Love the lyrics of the first one.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
How I wish XIV had a single player mode...
You can *nearly* play it like a single player game if you're mostly just interested in the story. You have to do a few dungeons, but if you queue as a DPS, us tanks will do all the work for you anyway, you just follow along and try not to stand in the circles that kill you. :p

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Stand by Me is a fantastic theme song, especially in the F+tM arrangement. It actually feels a lot more fitting than Kiss Me Goodbye to me (which was nice, but didn't feel like it had anything to do with the game it was attached to.

As for the last great FF theme song prior to FFXV, I'd argue that that came much more recently -- I've never played XIV, but Answers is a masterpiece. <3
My discontent with FFXIII theme songs and Stand by Me blinds me from Answers' existence lol. Dragonsong is pretty fantastic as well.

Nova

Warrior of Light
I'm also in agreement with being perfectly fine with the introduction of Stand by Me, as others noted. Very fitting and classical towards one of XV's thematics.

I'm also in agreement with being perfectly fine with the introduction of Stand by Me, as others noted. Very fitting and classical towards one of XV's thematics.
It's a good cover.

Even from the early Versus description, I always pictured it as being "Stand By Me - The Video Game" -- though I pictured Prompto as Gordie, when it turns out he's more like Vern.