Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
When you get comments like "The thing is, I actually wanted to get this as my first ff game, but now I don't think I will", which is a direct quote btw with other variations of this appearing in the comments sections, then I guess you can say the Conan gig backfired pretty badly.

I want the game to do well in both Japan and in the West, but honest to goodness, sometimes the marketing team for Square make really strange decisions =(
Won't matter since a lot of these haters won't read past the headlines lol.
Anyone that swayed by a Conan clip will be equally swayed by a decent review and positive impressions after release. It's the people that are reacting that are insecure. No "damage" has been done, it's just a gag.

There's just 2 weeks left guys, we'll make it, I promise! :p

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Anyone that swayed by a Conan clip will be equally swayed by a decent review and positive impressions after release. It's the people that are reacting that are insecure. No "damage" has been done, it's just a gag.

There's just 2 weeks left guys, we'll make it, I promise! :p
Lol I guess you could say that the joke was lost on me xD

Definitely not my kinda humor since I didn't laugh at all. Just cringed a bit tbh.

Makes me wonder do they development team feel hurt by seeing these kinda headlines? I'm sure they would've heard about all of this by now. I think this type of joking around would be lost on the Japanese due to cultural differences.

The ending part was brutal lol

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Lol I guess you could say that the joke was lost on me xD

Definitely not my kinda humor since I didn't laugh at all. Just cringed a bit tbh.

Makes me wonder do they development team feel hurt by seeing these kinda headlines? I'm sure they would've heard about all of this by now. I think this type of joking around would be lost on the Japanese due to cultural differences.

The ending part was brutal lol
I would imagine everyone involved knew what they were getting themselves into with the Conan thing. It's called "Clueless Gamer" If it was a positive review, it'd be a bad thing, lol.

There's really nothing to any of this. It's just funny. I'm about as big of a FFXV fanboy as you're going to find, and I was laughing my butt off over it. I've always been a Conan fan, though.

Think of it like a roast.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Probably a silly question and most likely not the right place to ask it, but I'll ask anyway: if I were to, say, preorder this from Amazon (as I usually) now instead of when the whole "Road to FF XV" started, will have I lose some of the DLC things they gave away? Or can I, provided I preorder prior to the launch date, get those?

I wouldn't really mind, tbh, but it'd be nice if I could get those Mage Mashers from my boy Zidane. Problem is, I don't know if I'm buying the game on launch or later on, as I have three exams in December, two in January and then another three in late January/early February.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Hold on, i'm confused:

"As for this Kingsglaive movie, we did not put it in because of the storage capacity of the master disc. However, we are preparing an upgrade to the main game as a patch. That is why the demo reflects some of that upgrade."
Gamatsu translates above how the brief KG clip in the demo reflects the upgrade/patch to the main game. Dualshockers below, however....:

The demo also includes a small clip of the feature film Kingsglaive that ends abruptly, which may have caused some confusion. That’s because it didn’t fit the capacity of the master ROM. The team will be providing an upgrade patch to the full game in order to include the sequence. The demo simply did not reflect that upgrade.
....translated that part differently. Which interpretation is more clear lol?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Hold on, i'm confused:

Gamatsu translates above how the brief KG clip in the demo reflects the upgrade/patch to the main game. Dualshockers below, however....:

I'm interpreting like this:

Gematsu and Dualshockers are both saying that the KG clips were removed because of disc space. Gematsu is also saying that the demo has some of the features from the patch that is in progress as well. I think it's just confusing the way they put it.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Hold on, i'm confused:

What's the context? Anyway, Gematsu's translation is the more direct one.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
What's the context? Anyway, Gematsu's translation is the more direct one.
Even if it's more direct, the Gematsu translation doesn't actually make a lot of sense. Like, it feels like the words were translated without proper consideration of context or something.

The Dualshockers explanation seems like a plausible attempt to make meaning from the other translation, at the very least.