Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Imagine actually having an option to re-fight all Nifilheim bosses ala-Data Orginization XIII Final Mix.

Wew lad.

Jul 16, 2015
I see. I would wait for a better quality video or when the game is released to get a better idea of how it really looks. The bad quality of the video isn't helping. I bet it will look better on our tv's.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Man oh man, fucking hype is killing me. I Always slap my face to not open Neogaf spoiler thread.
Its so fcuking dumb when some people already playing in, posting pics of their copy's on twitter and you can't do shit, but wait for week more.
Im now even afraid to click on yotube, because there is high possibilty to get spoiled by recommendation videos.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
About altissia... They already released several trailers where altissia was shown. Actually, one of them was dedicated to it (the part with the ghost coming out the portrait was fucking awesome). So you can pretty much base your opinions on that.
You can also see a glimpse of altissia in the conan's "review".
It looks shit because of the video quality.

Last edited:

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Actually when I saw it, that part got me nervous. I was thinking "Oh no Tabata, just because you like VI don't make XV lose its unique and precious identity that you worked with Nomura to preserve".
Well, there are some elements that shows up in every final fantasy, and this ghost gave me some real final fantasy vibes, i dont know how to describe it.
People kept saying that this wasn't a "true" final fantasy (whatever that means), and this kind of elements just proof they are wrong ^^

contranova

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2016
I'm trying to calculate how big the world really is based on the size of judgment disc and episode duscae. I'm worried that we really only have the Lucis region and nothing else to explore (other than Altissia)

So :

Judgment Disc - 13GB
Episode Duscae - 6GB

With that, can we assume that the whole Lucis region (Leide, Duscae and Cleigne) is about 30GB? Not sure if that's an over estimation as data could be repeated and 13GB on the judgement disc is glitch-able to Duscae so the file size included some of that. Regardless the max for a Blu-Ray PS4 is 45GB -- that leaves 15GB, maybe 5GB goes to Altissia so 10GB of the Train sequence, possibly Tenebrae and Niflheim.

I was really hoping for another massive explorable region, but it's not looking like it =(

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I got an answer from NeoGAF. But I'll leave the original post. =)

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I'm trying to calculate how big the world really is based on the size of judgment disc and episode duscae. I'm worried that we really only have the Lucis region and nothing else to explore (other than Altissia)

So :

Judgment Disc - 13GB
Episode Duscae - 6GB

With that, can we assume that the whole Lucis region (Leide, Duscae and Cleigne) is about 30GB? Not sure if that's an over estimation as data could be repeated and 13GB on the judgement disc is glitch-able to Duscae so the file size included some of that. Regardless the max for a Blu-Ray PS4 is 45GB -- that leaves 15GB, maybe 5GB goes to Altissia so 10GB of the Train sequence, possibly Tenebrae and Niflheim.

I was really hoping for another massive explorable region, but it's not looking like it =(

What do you guys think?
obviously there will be more to explore, there's a second continent (probably not as open as the first region, but still with explorable parts).

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
There are speculation on how much the world map is big, but we already know its shape and how it looks like (go check on Google). I saw a video where it was estimated as 10 times bigger than The Witcher's one.
Now. I don't know how true that might be, but guys, it does look pretty huge.
We cant really say how much of that map is open world though. We just dont know. Anyway im confident that we still havent seen most of the locations we will be playing at (in the open world part, that is).

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Well, there are some elements that shows up in every final fantasy, and this ghost gave me some real final fantasy vibes, i dont know how to describe it.
People kept saying that this wasn't a "true" final fantasy (whatever that means), and this kind of elements just proof they are wrong ^^
Oh, I wasn't worried about the references. I was just worried Tabata might force too much of VI into XV. References is fine, perhaps even a boss battle that pays tribute to something, but I'd rather it stayed at that level: recurring elements and tributes rather than outright mimicry. I'd rather Ardyn had a bit more personality and long-lasting appeal than Kefka (I know that's inviting missiles, but I prefer Sephiroth, Kuja, Vayne or Caius to Kefka - he just makes me sigh and think "Oh great, another Joker wannabe").

Oh, I wasn't worried about the references. I was just worried Tabata might force too much of VI into XV. References is fine, perhaps even a boss battle that pays tribute to something, but I'd rather it stayed at that level: recurring elements and tributes rather than outright mimicry. I'd rather Ardyn had a bit more personality and long-lasting appeal than Kefka (I know that's inviting missiles, but I prefer Sephiroth, Kuja, Vayne or Caius to Kefka - he just makes me sigh and think "Oh great, another Joker wannabe").
Kefka is a better villain than Sephiroth, Kuja, Vayne, and especially Caius.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
IMO, Kefka is better at doing villan stuff and antagonising the party than them but the other villans are better characters that Kefka could ever dream to be.
I'd say it's a matter of preference. Kefka seems to be a great "irredeemably evil" sort of villain (note: haven't played VI), while the other four are all intended to be sympathetic. One can like sympathetic villains a whole lot better while recognizing that irredeemably evil villains have an appeal of their own which others can prefer.