Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Just a heads up for everyone.

But just heard word that gamefaqs is in full discussion mode over the games leaked conclusion so please do not peak (not like you would, just putting it out there)

They're putting it in the thread title and trolls are rampant apparently. D*** move imo.

Don't forget to delete your YouTube watch history so they don't recommend any spoiler videos.

Nowhere is safe, except maybe here.

I have no idea why people are so impatient to the point where they spoil themselves after 10 years of waiting. Stupid...

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
@ChingleeTribal Here you go! Patch notes for Day 1. Credit to LightSora93 from Gamefaqs

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2016_11_21_02.html

- Fixes for the camera, aimed at making combat easier to follow in small spaces
- An ability tree to be displayed when using Wait Mode to make it easier to make decisions
- A "Monster Flute" you can obtain to call forth monsters
- Scenes from Kingsglaive and the "Omen" trailer are added into the story sequences
- More recipes and fish species were added, and now there's a gallery for them
- You can now post the pictures Prompto takes on Facebook and Twitter

Message from Tabata:

Our release date of 11/29 has gotten close. I truly hope with all my heart you'll be able to enjoy the game with fresh feelings. But we've discovered that in a few regions, the packaging for FFXV has been opened illegally and the videos have been uploaded online. While it's impossible to avoid this due to the circumstances in different regions, we're very disappointed that this happened. FFXV is supposed to be a game where you enjoy the story, and the goal was for the whole world to discover its surprises all at once. As a result, we know that there's a chance that you'll encounter unintended spoilers, so please be careful. We're doing the best we can to combat these illegal uploads. To those of you who obtained it early, please think of those who are still waiting for the game.

Please understand and work with us so that we can welcome the best possible release date together.

Hajime Tabata, director of Final Fantasy XV

HOLY MONSTER FLUTE???? We pokemon now lol? Probably means we can call certain monsters to fight at any particular point and not the other way around lol. And wait....Omen trailer scenes were added in as well? I thought they said they have no context to the games story! Thats cool!
And I kind of feel bad because i've definitely seen some spoilers but I agree with him wholeheartedly.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for patch details!
Kinda wish I didn't watch Omen trailer now.
It can also get visually inconsistent because Kingsglaive and Omen have different styles compared to the game. I hope they don't have any Luna related scenes from Kingsglaive. They should incorporate it as side content really. Like if you go to sleep at an inn it would ask you "would you like to view noctis' dream?".
Also

First advertisement for the game I've seen around where I live:D

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
@ChingleeTribal Here you go! Patch notes for Day 1. Credit to LightSora93 from Gamefaqs

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2016_11_21_02.html

- Fixes for the camera, aimed at making combat easier to follow in small spaces
- An ability tree to be displayed when using Wait Mode to make it easier to make decisions
- A "Monster Flute" you can obtain to call forth monsters
- Scenes from Kingsglaive and the "Omen" trailer are added into the story sequences
- More recipes and fish species were added, and now there's a gallery for them
- You can now post the pictures Prompto takes on Facebook and Twitter

Message from Tabata:

Our release date of 11/29 has gotten close. I truly hope with all my heart you'll be able to enjoy the game with fresh feelings. But we've discovered that in a few regions, the packaging for FFXV has been opened illegally and the videos have been uploaded online. While it's impossible to avoid this due to the circumstances in different regions, we're very disappointed that this happened. FFXV is supposed to be a game where you enjoy the story, and the goal was for the whole world to discover its surprises all at once. As a result, we know that there's a chance that you'll encounter unintended spoilers, so please be careful. We're doing the best we can to combat these illegal uploads. To those of you who obtained it early, please think of those who are still waiting for the game.

Please understand and work with us so that we can welcome the best possible release date together.

Hajime Tabata, director of Final Fantasy XV

HOLY MONSTER FLUTE???? We pokemon now lol? Probably means we can call certain monsters to fight at any particular point and not the other way around lol. And wait....Omen trailer scenes were added in as well? I thought they said they have no context to the games story! Thats cool!
And I kind of feel bad because i've definitely seen some spoilers but I agree with him wholeheartedly.
Very nice. Thanks for the share. Avoiding gamefaqs like the plague now.

I'm very happy with these patches.

If the camera is fully fixed, you have the ability to fight monsters at any time now thanks to the flute,and extra footage to flesh out the story so that it makes sense, then on the technical side of things the game is covered and should hold up well in reviews in this regard.

All that's left is for the story to be amazing and we're easily looking at a 90+ score game.

Man Tabata and team are stellar with taking feedback and incorporating it into the game.

Patching up "holes" in the game left and right to get it that much closer to "perfection".

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Also proper tranlsation of the patch is:

- Added a new event scene from “Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV” and a scene from the "Omen" CG trailer to the game.

Which means there will be just two additional cutsecenes, we've already seen a sneak peak of one of these cutscenes in the Judgment demo(it will be extended in the game). I wonder what scene they will use from Omen? Probably Regis and crystal talk, this line is very good.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So this is what "deeper" combat meant.
Yeah sounds like turn based gameplay.

If so, then more options and less reason for people to complain if they've widened the scope of gameplay that much.

But then again there will always be people who will try to find a negative straw and light it up until it turns into a bonfire.

Aug 13, 2016
It's great to hear that they're still listening to feedback with a week until release. I noticed in the previews one of the most common complaints was the need to watch Kingsglaive to help understand some aspects of the story, so it's great to see them address this with short clips.

At the moment this forum is the only place I'm visiting for FFXV news and discussion. It's the only place I can trust to not get spoilt and I'm really appreative of it. I'm also on a self imposed YouTube ban for a while now! I'd be interested in watching IGN's special event coverage tommorow, but feel I've seen enough footage now.

Next Thursday I have time booked off work and it can't come soon enough.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Not completely, you still have to manually control and imput the weapon combos as action gameplay even with wait mode ON.
Yeah I didn't word that accurately.

It's exactly as you said. It's a good alternative for people who aren't able to cope with the fast paced action, which is great.

The developers have covered themselves well in this regard. Not sure what else people can complain about now in regards to combat.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I wish we could get the Ultimanias translated here. This one is particularly interesting for obvious reasons, although I doubt we'll get much pre-2012/2013 info. The interviews are always interesting, too.

Also, the Monster Flute thing sounds like a great idea with this kind of combat (although monster quantity shouldn't be a problem like in the demo, as I think "easy mode" actually diminishes the frequency you encounter them).

BTW, be extra careful, as I've seen many saying that the ending has been already reached. Fuck Youtube, fuck Twitter (if you haven't muted XV info, although most of my followed people aren't into videogames/FF and those who are, aren't assholes so I think I survive anyways) and such. Speaking of which, I guess the development are pretty dissapointed/mad right now, it must really suck. Hopefully, no spoilers reach mainstream levels of knowledge.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Spoilers and ending discussions are rampant on gamefaq so best to avoid that place.

As for YouTube, delete watch history and no spoiler pop ups should happen. Many poor souls have seen things they shouldn't because they neglected this
:(

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Speaking of which, I guess the development are pretty dissapointed/mad right now, it must really suck
I think consumers who can't play right now and have to deal with all this bullshit on internet is more mad. Consider me as one of them, im really mad because thats whole situation makes me overthink myself, rely on others people opinions or impressions, and playing out all the "what if" scenarios about this game in my head.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
As for YouTube, delete watch history and no spoiler pop ups should happen. Many poor souls have seen things they shouldn't because they neglected this
Done already. I've already been foolish enough to catch sight of something by accident, but thankfully it's not going to ruin my enjoyment of the entire story.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
And wait....Omen trailer scenes were added in as well? I thought they said they have no context to the games story! Thats cool!
The context of the Omen trailer was that it was Regis' vision. It's actually pretty easy to imagine how that might be worked in. ;)

Also proper tranlsation of the patch is:

- Added a new event scene from “Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV” and a scene from the "Omen" CG trailer to the game.

Which means there will be just two additional cutsecenes, we've already seen a sneak peak of one of these cutscenes in the Judgment demo(it will be extended in the game). I wonder what scene they will use from Omen? Probably Regis and crystal talk, this line is very good.
Is that an official translation, or is that just taken from the Famitsu article? Japanese is notoriously ambiguous with regards to singular vs. plural.