Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The GemiKnight

Clan Centurio Member
Nov 11, 2016
Durban, South Africa
Here are some of the new contents that are coming with Crown update. Copied from DS article, in case someone can't access their site.

Battle
  • Implemented actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer by Digic Pictures in the game
    • Warp Drop Kick (When daggers are equipped).
    • Backward Warp magic (Elemental magic activation at short rnge).
  • Here are some example of Wait Mode exclusive abilities implemented to improve the experience with Wait Mode.
    • Libra Speed Increase – You’ll be able to receive information via Libra quickly.
    • Wait Gauge Recovery – Wait Gauge recovers when defeating the enemy.
    • Surprise Attack Warp Break – When warp-striking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you, it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
    • Final Blow Shoft Break – When warp-striking to an enemy that has less than half its HP, the damage multiplier increases.
  • Added screen effects during the battle to make it easier to understand the HP status.
    • When HP is lower than 25%, the whole screen is covered by a bright red filter.
    • When in a pinch, the whole screen is covered by a dark red filter.
    • The “Enemy Whistle” has been implemented. You can summon monsters, but they won’t always appear.
    • The movement executed at the time of an MP Burst is canceled. Trying to warp when in MP Burst will cause the move to fail.
Field
  • It will be possible to warp forward in the field even outside of battles.
  • The item “Music player” has been implemented, allowing you to listen to your favorite songs even while walking.
Menu
  • A gallery has been added to the menu, and it will display the dishes cooked by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
Regalia
  • Opening the menu during auto-drive won’t stop the driving.
  • Added the “Regalia Shop,” that will allow you to shop while riding in the Regalia.
Event
  • Added cutscenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the Omen trailer, which could not fit on the disk.
As if FF XV was not awesome enough already.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
I'm not gunna lie. I was hoping that Tabata-san was going to say that they're making the game available now world wide on the stream last night. I would have instantly shelled out another 60 quid for the digital edition... It's annoying having to wait another week, AND avoid spoilers basically all over the internet, and in real life... I was literally just in lecture this morning and before the lecturer came in some people were talking about the ending in front of me. I cussed them out so thankfully I avoid spoilers there...

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Characterisation and gameplay are important to me so I'm happy to hear this :)
Characterization is consistently underrated, honestly. No matter how well-constructed a plot is, I find it really hard to care if I don't like the characters. And, in contrast, I'm entirely willing to put up with dream logic (or even plot tropes I outright hate) if the characterization holds together.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Characterization is consistently underrated, honestly. No matter how well-constructed a plot is, I find it really hard to care if I don't like the characters. And, in contrast, I'm entirely willing to put up with dream logic (or even plot tropes I outright hate) if the characterization holds together.
Completely agree.

Make me love the characters and I'll forgive a sub par story.

That and the music must be excellent too. I'm biased for stellar music and this game has already delivered on this front from what I've heard xD

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
  • Added screen effects during the battle to make it easier to understand the HP status.
    • When HP is lower than 25%, the whole screen is covered by a bright red filter.
This feature would come very handful when playing in No HUD mode.

They could also create something that can tell you how much MP you've left. Again, very handful for a No HUD playthrought.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
FFXIII had this as well.
We were COD then xD
FFXIII's CoD influence was a bit more deep than that. ;) Anyone else remember Toriyama saying that he wanted to make FFXIII more CoD-like in terms of structure?

Completely agree.

That and the music must be excellent too. I'm biased for stellar music and this game has already delivered on this front from what I've heard xD
Yes! Excellent music can totally sell a scene that might not otherwise be memorable.

Jul 16, 2015
I am so happy that Tabata and the rest of the team have added all these improvements to the game. They really deserve the utmost respect as developers that have gone above and beyond to make our experience playing the game the best it could be. Tabata isn't fucking around when he says he wants to bring Final Fantasy back to it's former glory and even possibly exceeding it.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Can anyone (who has the game already, mainly looking at you @Guitar (pseudo)God lol), confirm if the 9th ascension slot is for the Wait Mode? I previously thought it was for the Ring of Lucii, but now some people on the net are saying so. I think all you'd have to do to confirm this is if you switch to the wait mode option, do you see a wait mode ascension grid? (I don't think this qualifies as spoilers, as I'm not asking anyone to confirm anything beyond that. If it is Ring of Lucii stuff, then obviously just tell me its not for wait mode and nothing else). Just curious.
I won't pick it up again until after work, training, and Thanksgiving prep, but I'll try it out tonight if you don't have your answer by then.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Completely agree.

Its funny, considering how i love Persona 4's character driven approach despite many fans deeming the actual plot inferior to Persona 3. Not thats not factoring 4's reletively hasty year & so development time, didn't stop the game from receiving ctritical acclaim twice. ;)

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
The warping around outside of battles is pretty cool, as it makes traversal faster and more dynamic.

Now I just need that stamina bar put in another place other than Noctis' head and I'm gold (it's very easy to predict when you have to press R3 again to recover stamina, but I get anxious if I don't have the bar telling me how much I've got left lol).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I find that sprint thing a million times easier when I'm holding square to run instead (ED controls 4-lyfe)

But yeah, you don't even need the bar on there. You get plenty of time to react when Noctis starts looking tired. I do it out of the corner of my eye/by habit without even thinking of it, and that was just from a single 7 hour demo run.