Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I hear gaf is shitting on the game again... sigh
You can't keep living and dying with other people's impressions on the internet. You're clearly into it. If you're into it, you will enjoy this game. I promise.

You gotta keep on mind a couple of things: NeoGAF and gamefaqs are not people. They are just places where anyone can say anything off the tops of their heads. As such, many of the people posting anywhere on the internet will have their heads so far up their own asses they can see out of their own mouths.

The larger the population, the more likely you are to run into a dumb person. Dumb people are the loudest on the internet, probably because no one wants to listen to their dumb faces in real life. You need to always keep this in mind forever if you're going to survive in the wild wild net. Until you get to know a fellow poster, never forget that there is a solid chance that that person is dumb. Chances are even more likely that that person doesn't know a damn thing you don't, either. So you don't need to take ever they say to heart.

They get louder the more backup they get, so when you see a feeding frenzy, which is absolutely inevitable for a game like this with a fanbase like this, the best thing you can do is just let them get it out of their systems. Most rational fans are out living life patiently waiting for the game, not bothering to make sure the claims and rumors out there are valid.

It's gonna be fine. You're gonna love the game. Just relax and let it come.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Would it make sense to make a thread for the Leviathan footage from the IGN stream? I kind of want to talk about that, but I'm not sure what the best way to do it is. XD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
You can't keep living and dying with other people's impressions on the internet. You're clearly into it. If you're into it, you will enjoy this game. I promise.

You gotta keep on mind a couple of things: NeoGAF and gamefaqs are not people. They are just places where anyone can say anything off the tops of their heads. As such, many of the people posting anywhere on the internet will have their heads so far up their own asses they can see out of their own mouths.

The larger the population, the more likely you are to run into a dumb person. Dumb people are the loudest on the internet, probably because no one wants to listen to their dumb faces in real life. You need to always keep this in mind forever if you're going to survive in the wild wild net. Until you get to know a fellow poster, never forget that there is a solid chance that that person is dumb. Chances are even more likely that that person doesn't know a damn thing you don't, either. So you don't need to take ever they say to heart.

They get louder the more backup they get, so when you see a feeding frenzy, which is absolutely inevitable for a game like this with a fanbase like this, the best thing you can do is just let them get it out of their systems. Most rational fans are out living life patiently waiting for the game, not bothering to make sure the claims and rumors out there are valid.

It's gonna be fine. You're gonna love the game. Just relax and let it come.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Your experience is the only one that matters. Everything else is just noise.

A break from, or not going to those places at all, will do wonders for your mental health.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Nope. The game is holding up just fine. Got into a fight with 10 or so Sabertusks, and then some birds joined the fray. Ran very smoothly. Did I mention how fun the combat is?

There's very little story so far, but the banter is winning me over.
Characterisation and gameplay are important to me so I'm happy to hear this :)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Can anyone (who has the game already, mainly looking at you @Guitar (pseudo)God lol), confirm if the 9th ascension slot is for the Wait Mode? I previously thought it was for the Ring of Lucii, but now some people on the net are saying so. I think all you'd have to do to confirm this is if you switch to the wait mode option, do you see a wait mode ascension grid? (I don't think this qualifies as spoilers, as I'm not asking anyone to confirm anything beyond that. If it is Ring of Lucii stuff, then obviously just tell me its not for wait mode and nothing else). Just curious.

Last edited:

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Here are some of the new contents that are coming with Crown update. Copied from DS article, in case someone can't access their site.

Battle
  • Implemented actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer by Digic Pictures in the game
    • Warp Drop Kick (When daggers are equipped).
    • Backward Warp magic (Elemental magic activation at short rnge).
  • Here are some example of Wait Mode exclusive abilities implemented to improve the experience with Wait Mode.
    • Libra Speed Increase – You’ll be able to receive information via Libra quickly.
    • Wait Gauge Recovery – Wait Gauge recovers when defeating the enemy.
    • Surprise Attack Warp Break – When warp-striking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you, it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
    • Final Blow Shoft Break – When warp-striking to an enemy that has less than half its HP, the damage multiplier increases.
  • Added screen effects during the battle to make it easier to understand the HP status.
    • When HP is lower than 25%, the whole screen is covered by a bright red filter.
    • When in a pinch, the whole screen is covered by a dark red filter.
    • The “Enemy Whistle” has been implemented. You can summon monsters, but they won’t always appear.
    • The movement executed at the time of an MP Burst is canceled. Trying to warp when in MP Burst will cause the move to fail.
Field
  • It will be possible to warp forward in the field even outside of battles.
  • The item “Music player” has been implemented, allowing you to listen to your favorite songs even while walking.
Menu
  • A gallery has been added to the menu, and it will display the dishes cooked by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
Regalia
  • Opening the menu during auto-drive won’t stop the driving.
  • Added the “Regalia Shop,” that will allow you to shop while riding in the Regalia.
Event
  • Added cutscenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the Omen trailer, which could not fit on the disk.