Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
She's still technically untested so I'm still looking forward to it. Plus, it's not has if she's re-writing the whole game from scratch. The foundation that was laid out by the previous writers is still in place as far as we know. So people shouldn't be too worried.

Just saw this. She's credited as a Scenario Writer for Dissidia 012.

Haha. Can't say I'm too happy about that now. Thanks for correcting me.

She's still technically untested so I'm still looking forward to it. Plus, it's not has if she's re-writing the whole game from scratch. The foundation that was laid out by the previous writers is still in place as far as we know. So people shouldn't be too worried.
I suppose that's fair. I'll err on the side of caution for this. Better to be pleasantly surprise in this case.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
It was just a joke.

Or was it?
Lets think with a rational cold mind, so the game is doomed because the writer is the one that did the scrip/plot of Dissidia of which many say its awful. My counterarguement :

Despite having George Lucas as director and writer it didn´t prevent the Phantom Menance from not archiving the quality of A New Hope (which happens to have him as Director and writer). The same person that can produce gold can also produce shit of the same magnitude and vice versa.

Even if Itamuro did an awful job in Dissida it won´t prevent her from possibly doing a golden job in XV.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Lets think with a rational cold mind, so the game is doomed because the writer is the one that did the scrip/plot of Dissidia of which many say its awful. My counterarguement :

Despite having George Lucas as director and writer it didn´t prevent the Phantom Menance from not archiving the quality of A New Hope (which happens to have him as Director and writer). The same person that can produce gold can also produce shit of the same magnitude and vice versa.

Even if Itamuro did an awful job in Dissida it won´t prevent her from possibly doing a golden job in XV.
You must be fun at parties. Relax, I'm just teasing.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Was Dissidia story bad because of writing or was the whole premise doomed from the beginning? I mean, there's not much you can do with a crossover fighting game...

And I disagree with people saying that it's no big deal because Nojima already did the story outline. They're currently changing stuff and and doing all the details. Good writing is crucial at this point, so all the worries are warranted.

Was Dissidia story bad because of writing or was the whole premise doomed from the beginning? I mean, there's not much you can do with a crossover fighting game...
Fighting games are historically known to have bad stories, but NetherRealm studios have proven that you can offer a substantial and decent story for a fighting game.

Last edited:

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
The Leviathan scene may also be scrapped. Which, for me, would be the greatest loss.
From what I read, it seemed like they'd keep the Leviathan scene, but the concept of Noctis being able to swim/water battle (outside of that scene) is up in the air. Tabata has been trying to sell this concept of "DLC gameplay additives" lately, so I feel like underwater combat in general gameplay (since it's not priority), should it not make it to the final game initially, it'll just get patched in later.

source: gematsu

Attachments

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
The "DLC gameplay additives" is the only thing worrying me at this point. Whether or not it's free isn't as much of an issue has us receiving an incomplete game at launch. I would rather wait longer for the game to be fully optimized.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
The "DLC gameplay additives" is the only thing worrying me at this point. Whether or not it's free isn't as much of an issue has us receiving an incomplete game at launch. I would rather wait longer for the game to be fully optimized.
We have been waiting since 2006, waiting some extra months won´t hurt us.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Yeah, cost isn't so much an issue (especially since I doubt they'd go that route.)
I think Tabata and his team are just feeling the pressure in regards of trying to optimize everything in-time; I'm assuming they've already got something like a projected release window and are trying to work toward that, but finding lots of difficulties in development due to FFXV's ambitiousness.

The "DLC" route is probably their "exit strategy" to alleviate that stress of trying to get /everything/ done, so that the team can focus more on the core aspects of the game and its story.
I'd rather wait a bit longer for an optimized product too, but I'd much rather have this option, than just having a bunch of content possibly cut-out of the game entirely.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I don't even care about fighting underwater, just let us swim at least.
Ditto.

The same thing with warping outside of battles. I understand that they can't let us warp wherever we want if it causes too much bugs/glitches. But why can't we just warp to the already exisiting warping points outside of battles?

I don't get why they can't steer a middle course sometimes.