Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I need to question this seriouly, since when DLC = incomplete game ?
Since this era of gaming where things that could easily have been added to the final game are intentionally left out and sold separately. (ex. any next-gen Capcom game). You don't get the full experience of what you paid for, the first time.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
What if the DLC is use to add, i don´t know, extra boss fights that didn´t make it in the final game (and where not intentionally leave out) because of time, and also free of charge ? Is that still a bad/good DLC ?
Extensions (free ones, at that) to a, for the most part, completed game are fine.
That's why things like DLC "After Episodes" (post story add-on content) are okay, even if they cost money.
Because regardless of if you play it or not, that doesn't hinder your experience in the actual game.

Here's another ex.
Let's say swimming wasn't included in FFXV, but a DLC update comes out for it.
1.) The update is automatic/free to download. Good DLC.
2.) The update costs $5.99. Bad DLC.

Ex. 1 is good because you have the option to acquire a gameplay element that more or less should have already been in-game.
Ex. 2 is bad because if you don't spend the extra money, you miss out on an entire element of the gameplay that should have already been in-game.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Extensions (free ones, at that) to a, for the most part, completed game are fine.
That's why things like DLC "After Episodes" (post story add-on content) are okay, even if they cost money.
Because regardless of if you play it or not, that doesn't hinder your experience in the actual game.

Here's another ex.
Let's say swimming wasn't included in FFXV, but a DLC update comes out for it.
1.) The update is automatic/free to download. Good DLC.
2.) The update costs $5.99. Bad DLC.

Ex. 1 is good because you have the option to acquire a gameplay element that more or less should have already been in-game.
Ex. 2 is bad because if you don't spend the extra money, you miss out on an entire element of the gameplay that should have already been in-game.
So botton line being, as long as its free, everything is fine. Exception being DLC used to fix a broken game.
Question: what about a DLC to fix certain game´s bug/glitch(not fixing an entire game) thats unsolvable without an update, and its free ?

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
So botton line being, as long as its free, everything is fine. Exception being DLC used to fix a broken game.
Question: what about a DLC to fix certain game´s bug/glitch(not fixing an entire game) thats unsolvable without an update, and its free ?
No, the point is that DLC is a problem when the content of that DLC is something that should have already been in-game, AND it costs money. You're paying for something that you should have already gotten.

Patch fixes are different. Those are always free. If you had to pay to fix an error, the result of developer oversight, the same problem would apply.

May 26, 2014
Was Dissidia story bad because of writing or was the whole premise doomed from the beginning? I mean, there's not much you can do with a crossover fighting game...
That's what I was thinking too. Plus, how much of a priority could Dissidia's story possibly have been? If I remember correctly (and I might not, I played Dissidia years ago) the story was a typical "throw 'em all into a time vortex" type thing, or something similar. Basically just one giant excuse plot to get all the characters together. Can't speak for 012 since I only played the first.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Considering that motif of "swords" that's so abundant in FFXV, it'd be a real shame if Gilgamesh doesn't make any appearance.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Gilgamesh as boss fight confirmed ? lol
You find one of Noctis' Phantom Swords and then BOOM Gilgamesh fight. Win, and you get the Excalipoor Phantom Sword.

What if Gilgamesh is integral to the story?
But then again he's only been a recurring cameo in the series.
I wouldn't be surprised, they seem to have the right motifs to allow him to have some kind of involvement in the game (outside of optional superboss, maybe.) and have it not feel... "forced"

Is it? It just looks like a pose to me, anyone have a reference?
This (Dissidia?) looks like the pose Prompto is doing.

Last edited:

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
I just noticed that the "only" Episode Duscae demo version 2.0 video is mostly different than in the ATR in ca. 50.00 min.
The ATR video which also shows the update demo version with more gameplay elements.