Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
He said magic was originally going to be in the Duscae demo but was omitted because producing the effects, etc was time-consuming and was buggy. If they continue to provide updates to the demo, I assume we'd at least get one more update before they started full marketing, I don't see why we wouldn't get something like that.
Magic/Car/Town are likely for potential updates.

He said magic was originally going to be in the Duscae demo but was omitted because producing the effects, etc was time-consuming and was buggy. If they continue to provide updates to the demo, I assume we'd at least get one more update before they started full marketing, I don't see why we wouldn't get something like that.
Magic/Car/Town are likely for potential updates.
If they're going to include magic in an update, it's highly likely that they'd want pair that against the weather system too.

Also, if memory serves, I think the other demo is supposed to be just a tech demo of sorts that you can interact with.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
If they're going to include magic in an update, it's highly likely that they'd want pair that against the weather system too.

Also, if memory serves, I think the other demo is supposed to be just a tech demo of sorts that you can interact with.
It sounds really likely, dunno if they'd opt for weather in the demo though. The FPS of the demo is already poor enough as it is, adding something like rain showers to the mix might just make the demo unplayable.

rboxman

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 20, 2015
Did they say weather would affect magic at all? If so, that's pretty cool. If not, well now I hope they are creative enough to figure that out themselves to add it in :)

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Did they say weather would affect magic at all? If so, that's pretty cool. If not, well now I hope they are creative enough to figure that out themselves to add it in :)
They didn't explicitly say it, it's just an educated guess, really.
FFXV seems to be drawing concepts (gameplay-wise) from FFXII, which also utilized this "Weather affecting magic" meta-game.
So it definitely seems plausible.

rboxman

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 20, 2015
I guess someone would have to ask directly if they don't show it off/mention it once they demonstrate magic (hopefully at gamescom). Will a flock of chocobos huddle together if it's rainy too?!

In any case, looking forward to seeing more about weather in general. I love me some weather, especially if it is meaningful and affects gameplay etc.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Actually, they did explicitly say that. Here

Weather has a tactical impact on battle conditions, with different types of magic having varying effects depending on weather patterns. Using fire on a clear day, for example, will not only hurt monsters, but also ignite surrounding area, make allies feel hot, and the like. As such, using magic can be a liability to Noctis, too.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
FFXV seems to be drawing concepts (gameplay-wise) from FFXII, which also utilized this "Weather affecting magic" meta-game.
So it definitely seems plausible.
In FFXII didn't affect your magic at all, weather only changed what type of foes appears and their spawn rate.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
In FFXII didn't affect your magic at all, weather only changed what type of foes appears and their spawn rate.
Uhhh... weather definitely affected magic in FFXII.
It also affected weapon accuracy as well in certain weather.

The FFXII strategy guide details this, as well as a plethora of other resources online. It's p common knowledge lol.
You can just look it up, not trying to derail the topic with FFXII stuff.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Seeing as how after FF7 Remke was announced everyone forgot about poor FF15, I'm hoping my question can be answered...

This game next big reveal is at Gamescon, correct. Was it said to be new content? I'm not so sure but I think Episode Duscae has passed and we should be seeing totally new content as of now??? Or do they plan on updating the demo more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Gamescom 2015 marks the beginning of the full promotion campaign for Final Fantasy XV. That includes ads, special edition of the game etc.
As for new info/footage of the final game, you can bet on it we will see it and it feels that it's time for a release date as well.
Also DLC reveal, and that kind of stuff :)

Gamescom 2015 marks the beginning of the full promotion campaign for Final Fantasy XV. That includes ads, special edition of the game etc.
As for new info/footage of the final game, you can bet on it we will see it and it feels that it's time for a release date as well.
Awwww yeah. My wallet is going to hate me, but I'm definitely going to buy any special edition Square Enix cooks up. Which reminds me, I'd kill to see a Noctis Play Arts figure come out in the future. Also, limited edition FFXV PS4, anyone? :p

I'm betting they'll reveal a launch date at Gamescom, or at least clarify a release window.