Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Definitely unique. And I really appreciate that part about it. And totally understand why some people (especially the younger ones) will have a tough time adjusting to something that breaks the cookie molds of everything else that's out there. But, to me, that is the whole point. The flying isn't like flying in other games, on purpose. The road trip feel isn't like other games, on purpose. Pitioss Ruins.... Oh man, how unique that one is.

Weird, unique and beautiful, despite a few warts. Warts that are just part of a whole.
Warts that may get the duct tape and acid treatment in the future! love the game, but I'm just excited that Square isn't abandoning the project beyond DLC. Fix and improve the story as much as you want, I've grown to love what we got over time, but if there is anything else they want to do, I'm excited

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
It reminds me a bit of the Matrix sequels in a sense, which is to say: those movies have scenes that absolutely batter the shit out of the first movie and are incredible, but it's surrounded by a lot of weird and bad shit, basically. I think like with those movies, the negative side will persist but over time people will be kinder to it for the good, too.

I think FF13 and FF15 are roughly the same quality, and inverse: FF13 is relatively mediocre ideas executed with a surprisingly strong confidence, FF15 is strong ideas executed shakily.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Warts that may get the duct tape and acid treatment in the future! love the game, but I'm just excited that Square isn't abandoning the project beyond DLC. Fix and improve the story as much as you want, I've grown to love what we got over time, but if there is anything else they want to do, I'm excited
If there's one thing that's unique about Squenix, it's that they're not afraid to do a ton of work on a game after its release.

I've heard KHIIFM+ described as one of the best action RPGs out there, and that's largely on the strength of its additions (Critical Mode and the associated rebalancing, Exp None, the Roxas encounter, Cavern of Remembrance, Data Organization XIII, Mushroom XIII, etc.). FFXII IZJS sounds like a completely different beast than vanilla XII, what with the entirely revamped progression system and fast forward option. And even less thorough alterations have still added some great content, like KHBbS' Secret Episode.

XV is an extension of that... except that part of the expanded material will be free and the rest still won't cost as much as a full game. Seems like a good thing all around. xD;

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Lol its looks definitely like that or at least a snow region in the mountains. still convinced that Gladios episode focuses around Galahd, while Ignis is more on the greater altissia and accordo...hopefully
I'm kind of hoping that the DLCs are implemented in a way that allows them to be integrated into the game itself for the inevitable Complete edition. As cool as it'll be to explore those areas, it'd be even better if they functioned as expansions to the main game instead of separate scenarios. (There's always mods when the PC version comes out, I guess...)

angreis

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 23, 2015
Lol its looks definitely like that or at least a snow region in the mountains. still convinced that Gladios episode focuses around Galahd, while Ignis is more on the greater altissia and accordo...hopefully
awesome galahd is massive same size of duscae.
imagine explore all ,including cavaugh and insomnia kkkkkk:jawdrop:
the dream never end.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
awesome galahd is massive same size of duscae.
imagine explore all ,including cavaugh and insomnia kkkkkk:jawdrop:
the dream never end.
I want a DLC (be it free or paid) about Libertus and Galahd. If it can´t be in DLC form, I want it something else, like a novella, audio drama, ova, etc.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I haven't played the game yet, but everything I've seen points towards being a superior game than XIII. Not sure how someone could come to the conclusion they are about the same when that isn't the case just on appearances alone.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I won't speak for anyone but from my experience with renting FFXIII at one point, i went up to chapter 3 before confirming "yep this shit isn't for me" before returning it in disgust.

Haven't had the same reaction with XV, comparatively. In fact, chapter 3 of said-game left me wanting more than what XIII could ever hope to offer.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Final Fantasy XV’s Holiday Pack and update content drops December 22

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...oliday-pack-update-content-drops-december-22/

Final Fantasy XV’s first round of downloadable content is set to drop on December 22, Square Enix revealed today. Two types of content will be available with the Holiday Pack and Holiday Pack Plus – the latter available exclusively for Season Pass holders.

In addition to the Holiday Pack, fans can download a new update adding New Game Plus, and a photo frame feature for social media updloads. Both Holiday Packs will be distributed at the same time as these free updates.

New Game Plus will allow you to bring your clear data over to a new game. SNS photo framing will allow fans to attach photo frames when posting to social networks.
More info here:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12...releasing-december-22nd-screenshots-released/

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Meh, apart from NGP I see nothing enticing there.

All I wanna know is will the patch iron out bugs and glitches and whether we will get a updated Pro patch.
Judging from Ray Chase's comments about the newly recorded script for the holiday pack, we are in for a treat.

Personally I'm greatly looking forward to it.

I'd wager some bugs and glitches will get ironed out too since it's a good time for another update.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Wouldn't make much sense to include a patch in a DLC package. The PRO Patch will probably be detailed and released later. Hopefully, still on schedule for December.