Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
"A ticket to a carnival to be held in-game in January"

Sounds like gold saucer stuff could be happening ladies and gentlemen.

Also can you imagine trying to watch the serious and intense scenes in this game while Noctis is wearing those new outfits? Lol!

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Theres also "level limiter" listed which seems to be the EXP cap they talked about. I understand either way.
Gonna do a level 1 playthrough and see how long I last xD

Gonna unlock all the ascension abilities though, to at least give myself a fighting chance in NG+

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I see no point to start new game+ without patched story cutscenes, i just wonder how long i need to wait for that :(
Good point. I just play it for the fun factor and completionist point of view.

I've replayed past FF's, especially X, heaps of times and this one will be no different xD

Over a year I reckon is how long it'll take for them to fully add in everything. I think they know that overall reception for the story is pretty poor right now so it would be smart for them to take their time to make sure that it would be very well received with the next story update.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I wonder, should they add story quest scenarios within existing chapters, should it be like the Witcher 3 in that they can be accessed as side quests but feel more involved with the plot? Or basically just have them added as main quests?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I wonder, should they add story quest scenarios within existing chapters, should it be like the Witcher 3 in that they can be accessed as side quests but feel more involved with the plot? Or basically just have them added as main quests?
Added as main quests would be the better option as the main scenario is already thin as is.

I'd wager a lot of people will skip the side quests, even if they are story heavy, and just go straight to the next main story objective. It will be this very group of people who will complain about the story so to cut down complaints, what I suggested above would be more preferable.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
They need to add meat to the main story first and foremost.

Then they can can cut more than half the amount of fetch quests they have and put actual effort into making worthwhile sidequests ;)

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I'd wager a lot of people will skip the side quests, even if they are story heavy, and just go straight to the next main story objective.
Lots of people missed that one Luna cutscene because you had to listen to the radio at a specific part of the game before moving on.
I never understood why a cutscene link that was optional and not part of the main scenario. She was hardly shown in game to begin with:/

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think it's the idea that the side quests aren't tied into the main story that makes it tedious for some.

They do seem pretty baseless and random.

If they were story related and story heavy, even if they were fetch quests, I think the reception would've been more positive.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Lots of people missed that one Luna cutscene because you had to listen to the radio at a specific part of the game before moving on.
I never understood why a cutscene link that was optional and not part of the main scenario. She was hardly shown in game to begin with:/
Yeah I was surprised when I triggered that scene. Was completeoy random lol

It definitely shows what Luna gets up to in her spare time and gives insight into her character.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Without any spoilers, when does this Luna scene happen? And if there are any other missable scenes, when do those take place? I just don't wanna miss anything before I go overseas for 2 months.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Without any spoilers, when does this Luna scene happen? And if there are any other missable scenes, when do those take place? I just don't wanna miss anything before I go overseas for 2 months.
When you get to Coernix Station Cauthess for the first time for story related purposes.

There's a group of men gathered around a table listening to the radio.

It starts automatically as you resume the game right in front of this group. All you have to do is stay there and listen to the entire convo.