Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
That´s why native 4K 120+FPS and bazillon more graphical features exist for consumers to double dip, I´m seriously asking where do you get the impression that they will add gameplay exclusive elements to the PC?
It's conjecture. He's got no hard evidence because it doesn't exist. Patterns show that PC ports of console games will only have graphical upgrades. Nothing more nothing less. People are fooling themselves if they believe an eventual port of XV to the PC will have these amazing additional features. It's the Versus overhype all over again eroding their capacity to think clearly. They haven't learned to wait for official information before holding promises to an individual that isn't actually making them.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
The way i see it, i interprated Tabata's statement more as them wanting to really push the visual tech within Luminous to heights they couldn't reach on consoles. Which i'm totally fine with, especially when you add fps/resolution advantages.

Speaking of what he said:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/...year-to-make-square-enix-1471939?site=classic

"I'm quite positive about the idea of developing a PC version, but I would like to make a very different project if possible," Tabata told French video gaming site JeuxVideo, which was translated by Nova Crystallis. "The reason I'm interested is that a PC version would propel the game to another technical level."

"I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed. This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech."
What he said leans more closer to technical upgrades rather than a full-blown remake of of a scenario.

Thing is yeah it will be at the expense of console owners, but honestly they themselves know this, they know the PC is superior, they know that PC is the better option, and honestly it makes sense if you want more people to double dip, if you have exclusive PC features that aren't possible on consoles.
The superior specs of a PC didn't prompt Rockstar to add core features in the PC version GTAV that weren't possible in the already updated PS4/XBO ports outside of mods and graphical options.

Thats no excuse to lock out and treat console players like shit regardless of limitations, recreating the Leviathan boss to a near 1:1 to the E3 CGI tech demo footage would require making uneccessary scenario re-rights. I highly doubt BD2 to want to waste time with that.

You can do a non-straight port for the PC version without adding things that would annoy your consumers on consoles, in fact, them not doing a straight port isn't surprising given that they stated post-Uncovered that XV was using DirectX11. And that for an eventual PC port they would consider using a higher spec version of DirectX.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...n-directx11-higher-version-considered-for-pc/

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
To humor these outrageous claims for a minute, I'm betting that all these extreme gameplay changes that are being speculated for the PC release will likely end up in the base game via the updates/expansions Tabata has promised. That's probably as good as it gets.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
To humor these outrageous claims for a minute, I'm betting that all these extreme gameplay changes that are being speculated for the PC release will likely end up in the base game via the updates/expansions Tabata has promised. That's probably as good as it gets.
I would be a-ok with this.

I am curious as to how big the total file size for the game will be once everything is all said and done.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
That´s why native 4K 120+FPS and bazillon more graphical features exist for consumers to double dip, I´m seriously asking where do you get the impression that they will add gameplay exclusive elements to the PC?
Tabata said that they might add features they had to drop from the console versions.
"This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles".
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-fantasy-xv-pc-will-be-far-superior-not-simple-port-526143

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Friendly advice - you might want to be careful using that meme. In case you're not American, it's taken on disturbing meaning. Frankly, it puts whining about FFXV in perspective.
To be fair, even Tumblr considers the politicization of Pepe to be ridiculous, and they politicize everything. XD;

Tabata said that they might add features they had to drop from the console versions.
"This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles".
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-fantasy-xv-pc-will-be-far-superior-not-simple-port-526143
He also contextualized that by saying, "I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed" and "With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use." That seems to be unambiguously about technical improvements rather than changes to the way the game plays.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
The way i see it, i interprated Tabata's statement more as them wanting to really push the visual tech within Luminous to heights they couldn't reach on consoles. Which i'm totally fine with, especially when you add fps/resolution advantages.

Speaking of what he said:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/...year-to-make-square-enix-1471939?site=classic

What he said leans more closer to technical upgrades rather than a full-blown remake of of a scenario.

The superior specs of a PC didn't prompt Rockstar to add core features in the PC version GTAV that weren't possible in the already updated PS4/XBO ports outside of mods and graphical options.

Thats no excuse to lock out and treat console players like shit regardless of limitations, recreating the Leviathan boss to a near 1:1 to the E3 CGI tech demo footage would require making uneccessary scenario re-rights. I highly doubt BD2 to want to waste time with that.

You can do a non-straight port for the PC version without adding things that would annoy your consumers on consoles, in fact, them not doing a straight port isn't surprising given that they stated post-Uncovered that XV was using DirectX11. And that for an eventual PC port they would consider using a higher spec version of DirectX.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...n-directx11-higher-version-considered-for-pc/
While me myself I'm not entirely sure, but the thing about GTA V is that it was a remaster for all systems, so I can understand why they didn't do that.
Tabata said that he wants this to be the superior version of FFXV, with things that they were forced to drop with the consoles. So there could be some gameplay changes here and there, whether it means boss fight wise I really don't know.
Did we get any confirmation of what happened to that Leviathan fight? It looks heavily altered was it story reasons, time constraints or console limits.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
To be fair, even Tumblr considers the politicization of Pepe to be ridiculous, and they politicize everything. XD;

He also contextualized that by saying, "I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed" and "With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use." That seems to be unambiguously about technical improvements rather than changes to the way the game plays.
I'm aware, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff is gameplay related, if there were some features that simply couldn't be done on consoles that are gameplay related, they might arise in the PC Version, but it could just be better graphics.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Some of you may know that a Japanese language only drama CD was released exclusively in Japan before the game was out.

I found a version with English subs. Enjoy everyone.

Quite the intro for the game if I may say so myself.

Edit: It's half an hour long btw and apparently takes place 1 day before the game starts.

I really want to see cutscenes of injured Child Noctis being withdrawn and sad, with Ignis trying to cheer him up by willingly sneaking out with him late at night. This would make for a great flashback scene.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
In case anyone was interested, I found some more unreleased tracks for the game. They're tracks near towards the end of the game so I'll put them in spoiler tags.

My favourites are Sword of the Father and The Chocobros Reunion, which is a mellow arrangement of Noctis' Theme.

Chocobros Reunion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nP-ZsF448
Sounds to me like something that'll be included in a Soundtrack+ release later this year. Like some cinematic or full tracks from Lightning Returns weren't in the "Original Soundtrack" release, but were in the Soundtrack+ edition.