Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Wasn't the game at 65% development when they released the Duscae demo in March? Either that was a really bad estimate on their part, or they just stagnated because of all that Duscae marketing.

Definitely not far-fetched at all now to believe that the game will likely be released incomplete and later augmented with DLC updates if they're set on releasing in early/mid 2016. Especially given Tabata's responses about things like Airship functionality.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Wasn't the game at 65% development when they released the Duscae demo in March? Either that was a really bad estimate on their part, or they just stagnated because of all that Duscae marketing.

Definitely not far-fetched at all now to believe that the game will likely be released incomplete and later augmented with DLC updates if they're set on releasing in early/mid 2016. Especially given Tabata's responses about things like Airship functionality.
Tabata said that dev can jump to 80% , not far-fetched as according him, many parts of the game are 70%-80% complete, now if all of them reach 100% at once, then the overall completion of the game would jump higher.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
"Luna will be presented as a very strong-willed character: she talks to people about her hopes and dreams and she acts on her own initiative, really playing a big part in the story."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/08...stellas-removal-explains-why-luna-was-chosen/
Comment taken from Koozek at Neogaf forums:
Final Fantasy XV Director Responds to Criticism for Stella’s Removal; Explains Why Luna Was Chosen:

"Tabata-san mentioned that the theme depicted by the road trip is that of traveling with friends, and also the bond between Noctis and his father, as the car was actually Regis’ ride, and that’s a metaphor for traveling with him.

That said, he clarified that the game is definitely going to depict the bond between men and women as well.

Within the overall theme of the journey, the team reasoned on what position a heroine should take, and thought that rather than having a more passive and weak heroine that needs to be saved, it would be much better to have a stronger and more determined female character, who actively engages with the events in the story, and to play that role they thought they needed a different character than Stella.
"

Doesn't this imply that Stella was "weak" before in the full story of Versus/early FFXV outside of her few CGI fighting scenes?
Just curious.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Final Fantasy 15 release date narrowed down to 2016; Director Tabata apologies for underwhelming Gamescom showing.
"We set our objective when we switched over the development from Versus 13, and it's not moved a great deal since then - it's pretty much where it was," he said.

"I said to the management, that can compete in terms with the triple-A titles - they're the parameters that I have," Tabata pointed out. "It might be easy to misunderstand, and that I have limited conditions - it's not like that at all. I made sure we had enough time, money and people to make it the kind of experience I want it to be. I've got everything I need to do the job."

As to how progress is going on Final Fantasy 15, Tabata said all is running smoothly, even if some elements of making a high profile game have taken him by surprise.
Interesting read. It's reassuring that development is going smoothly.

One thing I wasn't expecting was the backlash from the people who'd followed the game from early on, and its first version. The negative reaction was quite surprising.

"If you think what you normally do in the games industry, the idea that a game that hasn't come out yet and is still in development, where you change characters etc, that's not something new or different, it happens all the time. Especially in the case of 15, when we changed that and made that announcement, a lot of people saw that and weren't ready. That surprised me quite a bit. I was taken aback, obviously, and I thought, maybe I hadn't prepared for that, and I should have foreseen that and have a message to show people what we're going to do so they're not nervous about it."
Tabata being so surprised only shows how out of touch Square's PR is.

"We have expectations and plans in place for various contingencies. If it does well and people enjoy it, very naturally people will want to spend more time in that world. We've been setting up possibilities and contingencies plans for having tales and experiences in that world. Before that, in the same way they gave me a chance to make the game, it'd be good to have younger development talent opportunities to take on those projects."
So the world of versus epic is still a possibility :kefkalol:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Tabata being so surprised only shows how out of touch Square's PR is.
What did you expected from them when dealing with a fanbase so big and broken?, they just were in touch with the wrong fans (though doesnt excuse underwhelming ATR)

BladeRunner said:
So the world of versus epic is still a possibility :kefkalol:
Just hope that XV can stand on its own without needeing a sequel to work (FFX is a good example)

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
What did you expected from them when dealing with a fanbase so big and broken?, they just were in touch with the wrong fans (though doesnt excuse underwhelming ATR)
Oh, don't try to push the blame on the evil fanbase. SE themselves generated hype around Gamescom while having almost nothing to show. The backlash was completely predictable.

I wish fans stopped making up excuses for SE's horrible PR practices.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Oh, don't try to push the blame on the evil fanbase. SE themselves generated hype around Gamescom while having almost nothing to show. The backlash was completely predictable.

I wish fans stopped making up excuses for SE's horrible PR practices.
Did i make an excuse for yesterday underwhelming ATR ?

I worded it wrong, i meant the opposite
No problem.

That being said, if they actually had a decent plan going forward with "A World of the Versus Epic", I wouldn't have minded them bringing that into fruition. Coming up with just the idea of making it without a decent plan for how it'll play out would've made for a terrible clusterf*k though.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Did i make an excuse for yesterday underwhelming ATR ?
Not the ATR but their handling of the whole situation. You said that the fanbase is just unpleasable so SE couldn't do anything to prevent this. And it's not true.

And that part of my comment wasn't directed strictly at you, it was more general. This game's marketing has been horrible since the versus days and some fans always want to make excuses for SE's poor decisions. And I'm just tired of it.

Regarding "A world of the Versus Epic", wasn't the whole point of all the changes to XV's story and characters to make it a single self-contained game? I don't know what to believe anymore... :(