Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Aug 9, 2015
Hello i'm new here . I'm finding a place that i can read others opions without battles between fans and anti-fan ,whithout someone getting stabbed because of their opions .Is this the place which i'm looking for ?

Feb 21, 2015
Well thats.... interesting. Look at what Luna's got in her hands.I want to note the date when the clothing designs were being shown off, it was still Versus then. ring.jpg TheFallOfInsomnia copy.jpg

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
There so much in these interviews an such, catching up now.

Why isn't anyone mentioning a playable cast? Or is there anything about that I missed.

I see mentions of airships, clothes, classic jobs, but nothing about the cast. Is there any hope of it being DLC or should I forget the idea completely by now?
Don't count on it. Sorry

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
There was also one artwork of Cindy and behind her was I think a factory or a workshop, but I think there was also a plane and an aircraft hangar.
Also one about Lestallum.

Damn, now where I think about these artworks, I regret that I didn't took photos xD
BTW the one artwork with aerial fight next to a skyscaper this thing was a monster with red, yellow wings and a beak.
Hope this is also in the final game :D
I got some photos

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Fan translation from this famitsu article : http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/09085559.html
Some things we already new so here is the new content (i think) :

The city in this image is designed based on Venice, and “is the most important place in the game.” (Matsuzawa-san)
“FFXV has its unique feature in cities. We design cities based on the real cities. Still, it’s Final Fantasy. There are places completely built up on imagination.” (Tabata-san)
So plot-wise it´s more important than Lucis and Niflheim, that´s pretty interesting.
The upper part of the image above shows a facility. It is designed based on shark called Hammerhead. “It is a mechanic facility. The owner is familiar to FF fans. The character hasn’t been introduced in FFXV. Please look forward to it.” (Tabata-san)
CID ?!! Also when looking closer, you see Cindy at the center, and there’s a guy in right side.
The bottom part of the image above shows the city called Lestallum, based on Cuba. “You may feel life goes on there and people living in there.” (Kamikokuryo-san)
The building behind the city is the key. “There’s a huge crater below the building, and at the end of it there lies meteor. The meteor crashed onto the ground forever ago, yet it’s still been burning. The prosperity of Lestallum is brought by the energy derived from meteor.” (Tabata-san)
Congratulations @Noctis_Caelum ! You were right.
The image visual for Regis’s beloved car. “You could feel the dignity of Lucis. Still, there’s something FF-esque, right?” (Kamikokuryo-san)
“It would cost bazillion dollars if we were to manufacture in the reality. The designed is based on German and UK cars.” (Tabata-san)
FYI, Tabata-san drives German car.
Leviathan, one of the summons, “is very close to God. She’s highly intellectual, and Tabata-san ordered me to design her to make players feel her elegance.” (Matsuzawa-san)
The scene Leviathan appears is one of the highlighted scene in FFXV. “Summons in FFXV are deeply connected to the story.” (Tabata-san)
I think some of you already heard about the mistranslation but just in case i will repeat : Leviathan is not summon by a female, the summon itself is female.
The image above was drawn as Genesis based on mythology in FFXV world. “A famous painter in FFXV world drew this several hundred years ago.” (Kamikokuryo-san)
“The old man in the right is Ramuh. Summons in Genesis, that means summons played a very important role in creating the world.” (Tabata-san)
The painting has an owner in-universe.
Fall of Insomnia is drawn in the above image. Luna can be seen. “Luna has escaped from the fallen crown city. She has a strong heart, and she never give up even in her predicament.” (Kamikokuryo-san)
Speaking of Luna and Noct, “the bond between them can be seen in the story. We’ll write it with respect; however, it’s not going to be like general love story.” (Tabata-san)
This is something that has been theorised and we finally have confirmation, there will be romance in the story.

Now question time!
*How’s level up system?
Since Final Fantasy is RPG, characters get exp by fighting enemies and get stronger. Besides, one of the important elements is buddies. Cross Link also gets enhanced as their bond gets stronger, and you can render various attacks. (Tabata-san)
Cross Link enhances as your bond gets stronger...whatever that means.
*Can we meet Tonberry and Cactuar?
Malboro, yes. Tonberry and Cactuar, not so far. Malboro will do, it has to. (Tabata-san)
*Could it be possible that, after the game is released, feedback of users’ voice be done?
We don’t have a plan for that but we’ll stay close to users. (Tabata-san)
I can feel the saltynest incoming.
*It seems AI still has some problems.
I, too, feel that way. Still, it’s hard to improve AI technology since it has unique aspect compared to other technologies. Make AI smart is very difficult. AI sees the world, understands the situation, and decides what to do. We do it like we breathe, but programming it would take time. We’ll brush up it until the very deadline and provide sophisticated AI so that users won’t get irritated. (Tabata-san)
Keep working hard!:happymog:
*Can we listen to music with the radio in their car?
I hope I could since I love listening to music while I’m driving. (Simomura-san)
Music from FF could be possible since Square Enix has copy right, but other music would require some meetings. I’ll bring this back home. Haha. (Tabata-san)
Not confirmed, just a posibility
*Can we see childhood days of Noct and his friends?
Usually, the story begins after the main character has grown up, but in FFXV, we’d like to write childhood stories to make the whole story deeper, and make users feel human emotions. Episodes of childhood days are put in the game in various ways, and we may show some like the trailer at this GC. (Tabata-san)
Looking forward to the kid gang.
Can we see Noct expands his swords in the air and fight against troops like we saw in FF Versus XIII?
The exact scene has canceled but you can see it in game system. (Matsuzawa-san)
!!I’m not sure. We may not be able to see the movie but we can render the similar attacks, I guess.
???? Have we ever seen him doing that (as a gameplay mechanique) ? Doesn´t help that it is not very clear but is probably something exclusive of the CG cutscenes from the old trailers.

Thats all:happymog:

Last edited:

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I really Hope we see a world map of something like the clay model from the 1st tech demo, and hopefully some new/variety of landscapes like Beaches, desert (Hopefully this is varied as well), Tropical locations, some old/ancient locations (ruins), etc. THat's what I'm waiting on.

Nov 17, 2014
Check out this new FFXV in-game screenshots released by Square Enix.
This came from IGN. Here's the link:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/10/final-fantasy-15-screenshots-showcase-new-locales

The first screenshot must be another area in the Duscae region. The next screenshot looks like a dungeon, or maybe a city underground. And the last one shows Lestallum's hotel 'The Leville' (if I'm reading it right). Just looking at these increases my hype for the game.
Thoughts?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Really nice when compressed, but uncompressed it's really horrible. Really nice atmosphere and scenery though, so honestly just improving the graphics will help a lot as the actual assets are already there.