1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by LeonBlade, Jan 18, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Pretty relevant. It appears that in Japan, Noctis is currently the #1 most requested FF character that fans want to see appear in Kingdom Hearts. Under him is Lightning, etc, going by the fan survey that was mentioned.

https://images.khinsider.com/2017 Uploads/04/KH15 Fami/15.jpg

Source:

https://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-15th-Anniversary-Feature-in-Famitsu-9005

EDIT: Full translation is up, total votes included:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Bazztek, Somber, SonOfEtro and 2 others like this.
  2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I'm interested in how he will be characterized in KH3, of course if he makes it there.

Edit: LoL, the 4th place was won by a chocobo!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Storm likes this.
  3. T.O.T

T.O.T Clan Centurio Member

Noctis as an optional boss ftw. Somebody forced him to eat veggies which causes him to go on a rampage. 10/10 story quality battle set up.

Lulcielid likes this.
  4. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I'm interested too, of course if KH3 makes it there.

5. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

In the tangled world, Noctis must work with Sora because Lunafreya is also trapped in the tower. As the woman almost always seems trapped in a Nomura story. Alternately - and more pleaseingly - Noctis could be being consumed by his darkness, and Sora must help Lunafreya or one of his other companions to help him overcome it.

T.O.T likes this.
  6. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Of course, this does beg the question of whether Nomura even wants to include Noctis in KH3 to begin with.

Mixed feelings would be in the air I'd presume.

Also, it's pretty awesome that Noctis and FFXV characters in general are getting lots of love.

7. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

You know, I think this would require its own thread. Best save this for that. This is the "Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread" after all.

8. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

I suppose, although my comment was just meant to be a one off in response to the article posted ;)

9. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Considering that he said he viewed Noct as a son to him, I don't see why he'd be reluctant to include a character he created since inception.

Directorial shift or no, it wouldn't be similar as the Vivi situation where he outright wasn't comfortable with adding him on KH2 due to lack of design involvement ti'll staff pushed for it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Storm likes this.
  10. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Ask and you shall receive.

People, use it at yours heart content.

11. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

I dislike the XIII trilogy, but don't mind some of its characters. Lightning being one of them. I feel she had potential, but was mired in poor writing from untalented writers/directors. I'm hoping XVI will give Final Fantasy a proper heroine that's well-written and has a proper game behind her. Regarding a cameo in KH, I'd rather Nomura bring a close to Leon and Co.'s journey before inserting more Final Fantasy characters. There's been a sort of subplot with them that wasn't totally resolved in Kingdom Hearts II. Plus, I wouldn't want characters like Lightning and Noctis to appear in such a inconsequential manner like Vivi, Seifer, Wakka, Tidus, Yuna, Rikku, Selphie, etc. Being extremely high profile characters, they should have bigger roles to play in the larger narrative of the Kingdom Hearts Universe.

12. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

If it's Nomura then It's going to be Stella not Luna

13. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i'm sure she'll be mentioned in a pendant.

14. Jenova

Jenova ShinRa SOLDIER

Stella might be a keyblade. That would be quite humorous.

15. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

Or they just side step the issue all together

16. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Yeah, I really like Lightning and her strength compared to other video game heroines I've seen (still doesn't quite top Samus, Bayonetta or Lara Croft from my top VG heroines), but several bits of the writing (particularly LR, and especially its localized form) did a disservice to her character. If XVI has a female lead, it needs to be well-written and perhaps demonstrate a flexibility of what women can be.

Somber likes this.
  17. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i thought they portrayed her well in LR; even in the sidequests, we see her reacting to the npcs stories, sometimes even connecting some situation to her own, i wish they followed this approach in FFXV.

18. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Yes, the side quests really helped. I think it was more to do with the limited range her English actress put into it. It's difficult to believe that same woman voiced Liara and Palutena. Maaya Sakamoto did the character more justice.

And yes, I think the side quests in LR were amazing. Each one was an incredible story in itself. We needed things like that in XV.

19. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

XIII's english VA seemed to be more of a case of bad direction than the cast themselves imo (Vanille gasm tho).

20. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i actually found the english VA alright, it was just vanille that annoyed me to no end... oh and sometimes serah.

the flashback scene with vanille apologizing to serah in the beach was unbearable... the delivery was so melodramatic and cringey; i mean i know this kind of stuff is highly subjective, but if your product is also targeted to the west... FFXV for once had more "human" interactions, i think they learned to find a middle ground.

edit:

[​IMG]

omg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Nova likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!