Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think It's inevitable that due to resources some story elements won't be fully flesh out in the way some of us might like and instead might have to go for a "cheap" route, with that said what elements do you think must go the "fully" flesh out route and what elements you have no problems with them going for the "cheap" route?
As much as I hate to admit it, I think you may be right.

It's really hard to answer since I wanna know everything in detail but if I were to pick one, it's going to have to be Ardyn's story and here's why.

He was there since the beginning of it all. In all honesty, what happens in his story pretty much covers everything, from the Astrals, the crystal, Niflheim, Lucis, the Starscourge... everything.

So I wouldn't want them to go cheap on his story since it is integral to understanding everything and ties in with everything.

If I were given the option for them to go "cheap" in one aspect of the game?

Hmm...

The 10 year time skip.

Other than learning what changes happened to the world and characters, I'm guessing it's mostly repetitive fighting off daemons for 10 years straight waiting for Noctis.

Some story exposition of Ignis and Talcott discovering the past history here and there shouldn't really take that long.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I would argue Ifrit's betrayal is more important than Ardyn's past, while game presents the later in vague manner, the former is barely mentioned before it shows up to fight you and your party.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
What's new? Back for E3 news. Really hoping for updates on the VII remake and KH III. Updates on Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy XIV are a given. I expect they will probably give us a release timeline for the upcoming DLC beyond Episode Prompto. Not expecting a "World of Versus" expansion as that doesn't even make any sense from a developmental perspective. Most of the focus will likely be on Dragon Quest XI since that's a concrete upcoming release and unreleased games are usually marketed harder. If there are any other unreleased SE games in the pipeline related to Final Fantasy or older IPs I expect them to be shown with Nintendo during their Treehouse stream. Biggest hope is on updates regarding Nomura's games. Hopefully, it will be positive. I can only imagine a reaction if he gets removed off another project he initially spearheaded. I saw llazy's post with the PDF detailing an alleged event with Nomura himself at E3. I really hope the "other surprises" are relatively minimal if that schedule is to be believed. The last thing we need is Nomura announcing he's working on a third project. The existing ones really need to be completed first.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

you guys know the right awnser right? just to remind, it's Ardyn's past. Thank you
For story content I want:

Ardyn's past
Ifrits betrayal
World of ruin
Noctis's disappearance
Cor's activities (I guess we learn what he learns from his activities spying on the nifs)

Characters:

Cor
Aranea

Everything else would be a welcome addition but these take priority for me.

----

Edit: voted for Ardyn's past.

If there's enough votes for the other options, let's hope they'll include those too.

Curious as to the results of this survey. I wonder will they share the results as soon as it's completed?

I would argue Ifrit's betrayal is more important than Ardyn's past, while game presents the later in vague manner, the former is barely mentioned before it shows up to fight you and your party.
Yeah Ifrit's betrayal started this entire story so it's paramount we learn about it in detail.

I'm hoping it's epic. If it's similar or as fleshed out as the Persona55 theory, then I'm all for it.

Of course I'm not expecting that theory to be correct. Just want the actual story to be as detailed as that theory is all :p

Last edited:

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I checked different sites\twitter\reddit\gaf\faqs etc., and i seen that is most popular from this list is Ardyn past and Luna activities, also i doubt they will make only one thing and that the survey is just to determine what they gonna make first.
So i voted for Hard Mode :D

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I've never seen that render either. Is there a new one for Lunafreya anywhere?
When I clicked on the special menu screen to vote, there was a compilation picture of the characters. The cgi render of Ardyn was the only "new" picture that I can recall from that composition.

To be frank I'm surprised there is still some artwork and cgi renders we haven't even seen yet. This new Ardyn one was completely unexpected. Is it just me... or does he look spanish there? lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I checked different sites\twitter\reddit\gaf\faqs etc., and i seen that is most popular from this list is Ardyn past and Luna activities, also i doubt they will make only one thing and that the survey is just to determine what they gonna make first.
So i voted for Hard Mode :D
I saw that someone started a poll over on gfaqs. Apparently World of Ruin and Aranea/Iris/Gentiana DLC is winning.

World of Ruin I understand... but the latter? Cuz playing as a hot girl takes priority over actual story T_T

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I swear to god they fixed the error with Noctis interacting with some things via pressing X (like picking up items, etc). Before the recent update pressing X wouldn't register an interaction, but to jump instead. Now its seemingly nonexistent, was pretty annoying at times lol.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I swear to god they fixed the error with Noctis interacting with some things via pressing X (like picking up items, etc). Before the recent update pressing X wouldn't register an interaction, but to jump instead. Now its seemingly nonexistent, was pretty annoying at times lol.
That is a worthy QoL improvement indeed.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
....if only i didn't spoke too soon. It still happens when climbing or with certain NPCs. Its a start at least.

EDIT: Sometimes? Maybe getting closer does it (at least for climbing).

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
What's new? Back for E3 news. Really hoping for updates on the VII remake and KH III. Updates on Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy XIV are a given. I expect they will probably give us a release timeline for the upcoming DLC beyond Episode Prompto. Not expecting a "World of Versus" expansion as that doesn't even make any sense from a developmental perspective. Most of the focus will likely be on Dragon Quest XI since that's a concrete upcoming release and unreleased games are usually marketed harder. If there are any other unreleased SE games in the pipeline related to Final Fantasy or older IPs I expect them to be shown with Nintendo during their Treehouse stream. Biggest hope is on updates regarding Nomura's games. Hopefully, it will be positive. I can only imagine a reaction if he gets removed off another project he initially spearheaded. I saw llazy's post with the PDF detailing an alleged event with Nomura himself at E3. I really hope the "other surprises" are relatively minimal if that schedule is to be believed. The last thing we need is Nomura announcing he's working on a third project. The existing ones really need to be completed first.
Well KH3 is 2018, so I guess he can work on a third project hopefully that third project isn't a trash tier Versus XIII expansion, and something else entirely, maybe World of Versus can be the name of the project, but not the name of the games oh no no no no no, it will be something else entirely.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
man thinking about the survey, Ifrit's betrayal would be so interesting as well.

why he betrayed the other summons and humans? we can even get a glimpse of solheim and the astral war (especially how bahamut kicked his ass on ravatogh)

daaaam why not both, maybe ardyn's past merged with ifrit's backstory since i remember tabata implying they are somehow acquainted with each other.

i think playable characters and gameplay enhancements should be secondary, i hope people have this understanding and pick the story related options.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
i think playable characters and gameplay enhancements should be secondary, i hope people have this understanding and pick the story related options.
If Ifrit's past is displayed, then that will confirm or debunk Pitioss having a story behind it. Not everybody is on the same page when it comes to games. For some it's story > gameplay, while for others it's the opposite.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
@Ikkin, @Storm, @T.O.T, @Nova, @Lulcielid, @Jubileus. Generally unrelated, but very interesting all the same.

You know, I've recently learnt something that's changed my perspective on XV's events. The myth murals in XV's tutorials have an extra line in Japanese completely cut from the English version: it basically says that the term "star" is in reference to the planet Eos itself.

So all those references to the stars or star are actually talking about Eos. This is why I don't like the direction SQEX localization has been taking with the main series since FFXII. Key details like this are dropped, leaving us poor foreigners in the dark about key lore elements.