The Generic FF News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
That's not the same pose. The pose they are referring to is a different one. You can see it shown off here at 1:52 ...
and also here in the same scene in Crisis Core at 2:20 ...

The iconic sword pose is unique to Cloud and was designed by Tetsuya Nomura even before he was done with designing the character completely.

Unless you are referring to the brief moment where he does the pose, then yes. Toriyama did design this, along with many of the other references made throughout the trailer. That is no surprise to anyone though.
Of course. Toriyama was responsible for some of the most famous parts in FFVII. The intro? Yep. Honey Bee Inn? Yep. Cross-dressing Cloud? Yep. The romance between Cloud & Aerith? Yep. Cloud's showing off pose? Yep. The Submarine Chase Section? Also correct. It's only fitting he'll be the director of all the cutscenes in the remake.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Of course. Toriyama was responsible for some of the most famous parts in FFVII. The intro? Yep. Honey Bee Inn? Yep. Cross-dressing Cloud? Yep. The romance between Cloud & Aerith? Yep. Cloud's showing off pose? Yep. The Submarine Chase Section? Also correct. It's only fitting he'll be the director of all the cutscenes in the remake.
When did he mention Toriyama and the remake or these other scenes ? How does it relate to Cloud and his showing off pose ?

Sep 26, 2013
In recent news relating to Final Fantasy, Cloud Strife arguably the most well known and famous mascot of Final Fantasy has gotten a spot in the popular Nintendo series Super Smash Brothers.

Cloud Strife designed by the famous and ever-loved Tetsuya Nomura made his first appearance in Final Fantasy VII as the star protagonist that the player controls throughout the game. Cloud has gone on to make many appearances in many spin off games like the Dissidia series and even Final Fantasy Tactics. He's also been in other non Final Fantasy titles such as the fighting game Ehrgeiz and Kingdom Hearts. Needless to say, he's been in more games than any other Final Fantasy character.

Many fans were excited to see Cloud's inclusion in Super Smash Brothers as you can see by many fan reaction videos online. With the recently announced Final Fantasy VII Remake at E3 this year, it's no surprise to see Cloud added to Smash. It very well might be a marketing strategy, I know many people would love to buy a Cloud Amiibo.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Yes.

;)

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
When did he mention Toriyama and the remake or these other scenes ? How does it relate to Cloud and his showing off pose ?
They mentioned Cloud and Toriyama left a large impact on Cloud and the early parts on VII with scenes that even people who have never played it know full well.

Keep laughing everyone. Everyone I show your crap to agrees you're rude to me. And I won't say names, but some of them are members here.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
This is a bit old (3 weeks ago) but i think this might interesting to some of you. It´s kinda FF related.

The webanimated series called DEAD BATTLE in one of their most recent videos the 2 selected fighters were Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and Tifa Lockhart from FFVII. In this show, the hosts Ben and Wiz analyze the 2 fighters based on different factors (such as strenght, abilities, armor, tools, etc) to determine who would win in a battle, of course this is just for fun and shouldn´t be taken seriously. Enjoy.
If anyone is curious, yes, they used Cloud in one of the episodes, 3 years ago.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
This is a bit old (3 weeks ago) but i think this might interesting to some of you. It´s kinda FF related.

The webanimated series called DEAD BATTLE in one of their most recent videos the 2 selected fighters were Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and Tifa Lockhart from FFVII. In this show, the hosts Ben and Wiz analyze the 2 fighters based on different factors (such as strenght, abilities, armor, tools, etc) to determine who would win in a battle, of course this is just for fun and shouldn´t be taken seriously. Enjoy.
If anyone is curious, yes, they used Cloud in one of the episodes, 3 years ago.
Jesus Christ those are terrible. They gimped both Tifa and Cloud and made them lose to some random character from a show no one has heard about created by Roosterteeth and fucking Link. They gimped Tifa by making her use Premium Heart and tried to use that as an advantage over her to win which is stupid, they also completely limit her abilities constricting her to certain magic types because of Dissidia as if that has any bearing on anything. The reason why in Dissidia she is changed is to balance it with other characters.

As for Link beating Cloud, that was just fucking disgraceful. Link is a great warrior, but Cloud is far more powerful than they showed him. Apparently Link wasn't effected at all by Omnislash in any way? He just shrugs it off and wins? I never like these death battle style videos as they almost always are unfair. They made Link have every ability throughout every game and yet limit Cloud, same thing they did with Tifa.

These guys would probably pin Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star up against Naruto and somehow Naruto would win.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Jesus Christ those are terrible. They gimped both Tifa and Cloud and made them lose to some random character from a show no one has heard about created by Roosterteeth and fucking Link. They gimped Tifa by making her use Premium Heart and tried to use that as an advantage over her to win which is stupid, they also completely limit her abilities constricting her to certain magic types because of Dissidia as if that has any bearing on anything. The reason why in Dissidia she is changed is to balance it with other characters.

As for Link beating Cloud, that was just fucking disgraceful. Link is a great warrior, but Cloud is far more powerful than they showed him. Apparently Link wasn't effected at all by Omnislash in any way? He just shrugs it off and wins? I never like these death battle style videos as they almost always are unfair. They made Link have every ability throughout every game and yet limit Cloud, same thing they did with Tifa.

These guys would probably pin Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star up against Naruto and somehow Naruto would win.
Do think that they wanked Yangs durability and misscalculated Tifa´s damange output (see the last 6 replies). About Link vs Cloud i´m neutral on that one. The animation are meant to be fun and not to be taken seriously (even when the biggest BS happen).

I don´t know much about Kenshinro but, can he survive this ?
LoL to that signature !

Status
Not open for further replies.