The Generic FF News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I don't mind it that much, lightning modeling is definitely pretty left, but I like the novelty of using fictional characters to promote real-world things.
Only real issue here is that the clothing is all style, no substance. The FFXIII x Prada collection was way cooler.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
It's a bit ridiculous but I don't mind. It's not the series' first fashion collab and at least she's not wearing these clothes in her games... unlike the FFXV cast.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It's a bit ridiculous but I don't mind. It's not the series' first fashion collab and at least she's not wearing these clothes in her games... unlike the FFXV cast.
It wouldn't matter if she wore the clothes in her game or not, it's that FFXIII came out in 2009 and they still can't leave her alone.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah, it's not a big deal to me, either. Harmless. I'm sure the FFXV cast will get similar appearances over the next five years or so.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Well FFVII came out in 1997 and since them they haven´t let Cloud go.
Not at all the same thing. Cloud wasn't the main focus for FF for several years in a row after its release like for XIII even after the final game in the series. We had Squall and Zidane, no one talked about Cloud all the time. The reason Cloud is popular even still today has to do with his iconic presence. It's not just about sales but as the forefront for pushing FF into a new era of gaming and leaving a lasting impact on gamers.

Cloud is only mentioned when it comes to his game, not in random situations like random clothing line integrations. G-Bike was all about a game with Cloud in it, Cloud in Smash has to do with fan vote and also likely a cross collaboration with SE over the FFVII Remake which again is fan requested (and also has more than JUST Cloud in it). Name the last time you've seen Cloud promoted somewhere completely out of context in a situation like this... I can't think of a single one. It's okay to promote these FF characters, but doing so like this, and on such a sensitive character (a lot of people hate XIII and Lightning) the backlash from the community should be completely understood and acceptable honestly.

It seems like they are trying to promote Lightning in many areas to try and show that the XIII series wasn't a mistake honestly. She's being ham fisted into places where they don't make sense. I think if this was done more timely to a release of one of the XIII games, it would be more accepted in the community by people. The problem is, it's almost 2016 and the last XIII game released in 2013, and for some reason we are still getting random things from Lightning in a bizarre clothing collaboration? It just seems like they are ham-fisting Lightning into these different roles to try and promote her character as a way to spin positive PR towards the XIII series. Is it interesting? Sure, although I think the clothing looks really bad.

If this came out in conjunction with ANYTHING XIII related, at least it would make sense.
Hell, if they even announced a PS4 port (which I do not want at all) I would be okay with this in conjunction with that. But this is completely misplaced and foreign to me and to many other people.

I'm sure the FFXV cast will get similar appearances over the next five years or so.
I really doubt that, they haven't done it with XIV at all, so why would they do it with anyone from XV? XV already has clothing tie in with Roen anyway, so I doubt they would do anything similar to this. At least Roen designed clothing specifically for these characters...

And no, it's not really a big deal, but people get confused as to why people just sort of groan and sigh at seeing things like this as if it's not obvious the second you see a video of Lightning swooping around wearing expensive designer clothing and holding out a handbag/clutch.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It's dumb, but it's typical SE right now. It's more likely for something similar to happen with a character from FF15 than anyone from FF14 tho (not necessarily clothing). And if it doesn't, great. It doesn't bother me either way.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I really doubt that, they haven't done it with XIV at all, so why would they do it with anyone from XV? XV already has clothing tie in with Roen anyway, so I doubt they would do anything similar to this. At least Roen designed clothing specifically for these characters...

And no, it's not really a big deal, but people get confused as to why people just sort of groan and sigh at seeing things like this as if it's not obvious the second you see a video of Lightning swooping around wearing expensive designer clothing and holding out a handbag/clutch.
It'd seem more likely that they'd market XV in that way over XIV.
More so /because/ XV already has a foot in the fashion market w/ Roen collab.
Even if they did something like that for XIV, your's and others' response would probably be the same as it is for Lightning's LV collab, "this is foreign and misplaced."

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It'd seem more likely that they'd market XV in that way over XIV.
More so /because/ XV already has a foot in the fashion market w/ Roen collab.
Even if they did something like that for XIV, your's and others' response would probably be the same as it is for Lightning's LV collab, "this is foreign and misplaced."
Well, XV wouldn't do that to begin with anyways, so it's a moot point. Yeah, we would say that it's strange, because it would be. Why would they do something like that? Same question I have for Lightning, only amplified by the fact that it's a sensitive subject.

XV has the Coleman integration as well, I think that it's really weird, but at least it makes sense in the context of the actual game, same with Roen making clothes for the characters, these were specifically designed for these characters though. Real world tie ins in XV make sense because they have a purpose in the world.

Random clothing line collaborations make no sense, especially when the average FF fan could never afford any of that clothing, nor are they probably interested in buying it. So who is the target audience?

She must REALLY not be forgotten.
9/11 never 4get

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Just popped up in my Twitter feed :
  • FINAL FANTASY IX IS COMING OUT FOR iOS, ANDROID AND PC.
"With high-definition graphics, newly added achievements, auto-save, high speed mode, and several game boosting features, the game is easy to pick up and play no matter where you go."
(this is from GAF user Aarglefarg: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190870934#post190870934).

Really, really didn't expect this, always kind of believed the "lost code" stuff.

Ohhh man, it's been years (since my PSP died, so about 4) since I last played this. It's, by far, my favourite FF AND game ever. A big part for that is nostalgia, yeah (it was the first FF I actually played; I had played VII when I was 6, so I didn't understand it very well lol), but I love basically everything about it.

Except for the battle speed, sure, but that seems to be fixed, hopefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.