The Generic FF News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Can you switch the ATB to "wait" in IX? I know you can in VII and that would really help by making both speedy battles and tactics available.

I wonder if with this option I could get Excalibur II without skipping content..
Yes. Switching to Wait and opening a window whilst animations play out is a key tactic in ensuring enemies' ATB bars don't charge in the background, which gives them an unfair advantage. It makes the game overall easier than when not abusing this system. It doesn't change the slowness of the ATB bars themselves, but it's a very helpful tactic when it comes to battle advantage.

Sep 26, 2013
Yes. Switching to Wait and opening a window whilst animations play out is a key tactic in ensuring enemies' ATB bars don't charge in the background, which gives them an unfair advantage. It makes the game overall easier than when not abusing this system. It doesn't change the slowness of the ATB bars themselves, but it's a very helpful tactic when it comes to battle advantage.
I more meant one could use this in tandem with the high speed option provided in these ports to drastically up IX's otherwise agonizing combat speed while still being able to intelligently pick your moves. Otherwise, the speed boost already presented in VII is way too fast as Leonblade was astutely pointing out.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I don't think it's what you're looking for, then. It will have its uses in many situations, but a toggle of three different speed levels may have been better than a single x3 approach. Still think it will be enough for me. Any improvement over the original to speed it up in many given situations is a big help.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It could do with some fixes, but they didn't adjust anything to the bugs in FF7 port, so can't see them making any mechanic fixes in this. Setting the battles to Wait mode and abusing the open menus to ensure enemies get the least amount of extra attacks in works well, and the X3 speed will definitely be a big help on top of that during actions and waiting for bars to fill.
They did change things with the PC to the PS4 port, so I wouldn't be surprised if when making a PC port they change some things as well.

Sep 26, 2013
I don't think it's what you're looking for, then. It will have its uses in many situations, but a toggle of three different speed levels may have been better than a single x3 approach. Still think it will be enough for me. Any improvement over the original to speed it up in many given situations is a big help.
I mean, it sounds pretty close to what I'd be looking for. The ATB wait option will take care of the problem of x3 speed being too fast to pick options in, and the x3 speed will alleviate the sluggish combat. Win-win.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
They did change things with the PC to the PS4 port, so I wouldn't be surprised if when making a PC port they change some things as well.
Game mechanic-wise? Some things were altered in FF7 PS4, but not mechanically, as far as I know. I can expect them to add/alter things in 9's PC-PS4 port, but not on a battle mechanics level and such. Things like the Pandora's Box bug still remain untouched from the very original FF7. I just expect the battle mechanics/stats etc to remain excatly the same, like FF7 has.

Correct me if I'm wrong about altered mechanics in FF7 PS4 tho. I haven't looked much into it, and only based it on my playing of it.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Seeing how pretty those FF9 screenshots are makes me wish the FF7 pc/ps4 ports looked this good. O course it would require more effort from SE, but if I had the original FF7 with models like that, I'd be much more forgiving of everything they're gonna botch in the remake (;))

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Seeing how pretty those FF9 screenshots are makes me wish the FF7 pc/ps4 ports looked this good. O course it would require more effort from SE, but if I had the original FF7 with models like that, I'd be much more forgiving of everything they're gonna botch in the remake (;))
FFIX had a lot better graphics that were punished on the PS1, so that is part of why it looks a lot better, including the backgrounds.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Some screenshots of the new menu look:

For anyone interested in what the menu says:
Here Icon (Pointer) ON OFF
Window Style Normal Classic
Vibration ON OFF
Basic Tutorial
Battle Tutorial
Title
Booster section is for Quick Ability Level(?), Max Magic Stone Level and Max Gil.

Interested to see if they will fix the battle speed since they are already changing the menus and not just throwing a wrapper around the old game like with VII's speed hacks. The boosters will be part of the menu, so it's possible they can fix the battle speed since it's one of the biggest complaints with FFIX.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
News from both VIIR and XV: http://gematsu.com/2016/01/japanese-creators-share-2016-ambitions-weekly-famitsu#DL2RaDWJLTLOuYEP.99

Yoshinori Kitase of FFVIIRemake.

This year will still be a preparation year for Final Fantasy VII Remake. I want to create new value for the PlayStation 4 hardware for our next debut.

Hajime Tabata on FFXV:

This year, we will launch Final Fantasy XV. Currently, we’ve decided on all its specifications and are in production of the beta version in order to migrate to the debug phase. You’ll see Final Fantasy XV at its truest during the March release date announcement presentation.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Taken from: http://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/451850213946644962/#p6
New Version vs Emulation:

Wow, these new models are gorgeous. What's worth noting is also that the backgrounds in the new version have some kind of smoothing filter applied. I have mixed feelings about that. The first two pictures do look considerably better, but the last one with the city... It has lots of those small details which look ok when pixelated, but smoothing turns them into a blurry mess.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Lightning gives an interview about her new fashion career.

LMAO

Though his style was new to me, the moment I laid eyes on his collection, it was as if I was hit by a bolt of lightning. I knew that with this, people could change. I could change.
But this experience has opened my eyes. Fashion isn’t something you’re taught or given, it comes from your own taste and your own choices. It displays the essence of who you are to the people around you.
One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.
Jesus...

Last edited:
May 26, 2014
One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.
World of "Strife?" Lightning confirmed for VII remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.