1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What games are you playing now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by gaiages, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Replaying The Last of Us for the 5th time. Beat the first Danganronpa about a moth ago, I think? It was great, and I wanted to try the 2nd one but my laptop's cooling system broke, so I need to fix that before I can play it.

2. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Stiltzkin's Apprentice

At the moment I'm playing FFX HD Remaster. I have played the original over 10 years ago so it's nice to get back to it now, even though it's not one of my favourite FF games.

I'm also playing Demon's Souls for the first time (It's my first Souls game.) and I'm mostly enjoying it a lot. It's occasionally frustrating but then again it's also quite a rewarding game.

3. Black Mage

Black Mage Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Playing through FFIX again for the 1st time since it was originally released. I'm about 60 hours in to FFXII on emulator but I stopped to focus on IX for right now. I'll pick XII back up again after I complete IX.

4. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Nice. My favorite (or second favorite, or... err... ok, it's one of my favorites) FF game and my least favorite FF game. Not hard to tell which one is which! :p

Anyway, I'm playing Final Fantasy IV for the first time! :) Sooo dang good so far. The story is more interesting than the other SNES FF games. Well, better than V at least. I haven't tried VI (yeah, yeah, I know).

Also, is it just me, or is this the easiest FF in existence? I got through nearly the whole first field area and cave without taking a single hit. The only time I took damage was when I purposely waited for the enemies to attack, since I thought there was something wrong with my game and they weren't attacking for some reason. Turns out they were just being slow. Actually though, I might be making this game a bit easier than it's supposed to be because I'm playing the PSP version and I turned turn switching on, and I'm pretty sure you can't do that in the original game.

By the way... Edward is useless!!!

5. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

FF IV gets harder as the game progresses. The enemies in the final area of the game can pretty much OHKO the weaker party members.

6. ScienceNonfiction

That's good. Though I just got the Enterprise and it's still ridiculously easy. :p Not that it's out of the ordinary for a FF game to be easy. This game's just more so in my opinion. It also really sucks
    losing Cecil's Darkness attack. Screw righteousness, I want my sweet Dark Knight powers back!

7. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

FFIX
    Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    Bravely Second (finishing final chapter)
    Uncharted Collection (just finished in prep for U4)

8. ScienceNonfiction

Gunstar Heroes! Stuck on the final level.

9. FootloosePhoenix

FootloosePhoenix Yevonite

I've been grinding like a maniac in Diablo 3 for the platinum trophy. Literally just need to level my Barbarian up twelve more times and it will be mine. >:|

Also been playing through Oxenfree for the first time. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it, but it's an interesting game, kiiiiind of like a 2D Life is Strange with the whole teenagers mucking about with supernatural occurences thing. Honestly I'll have to see the ending to decide if it's worth encouraging my friends to play.

10. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Cecil was always a righteous or at least honourable character. He openly questioned his king about his drive for conquest and the methods with which the Mysidians were treated and felt aghast about him and Kain being tricked into outright genocide on the people of Mist Village. Becoming a Paladin was less about him getting on a righteous path, but it reflected who he actually was underneath the curtain of destructive darkness from which he drew his power prior to the events on Mt. Ordeals (which, by the way, involve a giant mirror, which is universally a symbol for "truth").

11. dissasterrific

dissasterrific fal'Cie Goddess Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

I'm focusing on playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel right now. My expectations for it were based from my experience with Trails in the Sky, which are currently being met so I'm enjoying it tons. I I'm around 10 hours in but I'd already recommend it to people just for the battle system, it's pretty great! Rather text-heavy though but I can't complain when the story and characters altogether are interesting.

On the side I have started a 4th playthrough of FFVII, just for my FF marathon. Also started Tales of the Abyss but I'll probably get back to it after finishing Cold Steel. Lastly there's Ever17, which I started to fill in the void Zero Escape left.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  12. ScienceNonfiction

Hope you like chicken sandwiches.

And confusion. Lots of confusion.

dissasterrific likes this.
  13. dissasterrific

No kidding. Only a few hours into it and I'm already feeling it.

14. heartimecia

heartimecia Yevonite

Overwatch is practically my life. I took a break from it in order to play Zero Time Dilemma, but now I'm back at it and it's pretty much all I play. I am replaying some favorite visual novels of mine (Ever17, Sharin no Kuni, G Senjou no Maou) in the meantime but that's going quite slowly. With Overwatch, I HAVE to play it at least an hour a day. Usually play for way more. If it weren't for work, I'd play it most of the day.

15. ScienceNonfiction

Well the payoff in the true ending is amazing, so just stick with it even if it takes forever to get there (it took me more than 3 years to finish all the paths, but maybe I'm just ridiculously slow or something).

Are you playing (err... reading?) the original version or the Xbox version?

16. dissasterrific

Original version! And definitely sticking to it until the end, I'm always awed with Uchikoshi's writing so.

ScienceNonfiction likes this.
  17. DrBretto

DrBretto AVALANCHE Warrior

I feel like I should replay Vagrant Story. Should I? I should, you say. Well, since you're insisting.

18. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Quite a bit late to the party but I finally started Nier and so fat it's pretty good but I'm still early in the game. Great characters, intriguing story and absolutely amazing voice acting. I fell in love with it the moment I heard Bailey in the intro (and I still just have to watch the first 30 seconds of it every time I start the game haha).

dissasterrific likes this.
  19. ChingleeTribal

ChingleeTribal Chocobo Knight

Star Ocean V. But I've been really busy the past 4 days so haven't been able to play recently. Off work today so maybe I'll do an 8-9 hour straight playthrough!

20. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

I am currently playing Suikoden 4 for the first time. Had to use a guide for a few parts, but otherwise i am liking this game.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!