A Medieval period or a High Tech Final Fantasy for you?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
As the topic title suggests... Do you prefer a Final Fantasy with villages, coloured mages, summoners, dragoons etc like Final Fantasy IX, IV, XII etc or a Final Fantasy with progressed techonolgy like VIII, XIII for example? It's not necessary that you like any of the above games and it's a fact that all Final Fantasy games mix both in a way, but you get the idea.

Plus, bearing in mind that the next console gen is approaching, if you could choose the time period of the world of a next FF main title (XVI for example) what would that be between the above?

For me, I would choose a medieval Final Fantasy. The "old fashioned" is something that makes me want to explore more and more. Palaces, villages, unlimited green and rivers, lakes plus mages and all these classic FF jobs are driving me crazy. XIV is a game I really want to play when I'll get the chance. And a next not MMO Final Fantasy, after XV, would please me if it included those elements.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
High Sci-Fantasy is really my favorite setting, and I never get tired of games with settings like Star Ocean or Final Fantasy XIII. However, for the moment I am looking forward to the present-day style of XV and I hope they really do well with it. At the time VII was released it was similarly close to the tech level/set up of the time, so I know that they can do really well at that kind of thing when they put their mind to it.

I'm a little tired of so-called medieval fantasies. Not because they aren't great, but because so many series I enjoy are kind of stuck in that mode. It's an oversaturation in my own personal market, and it turns me off of games like that a little. I think people are also a little too easy on the scripts of medieval fantasies, which can easily be some of the cheesiest out there.

All that said, I'd like to see a game each of the three super-settings; Medieval Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, and Sci-Fantasy.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
I am looking forward to the present-day style of XV and I hope they really do well with it.
Yes me too! XV somehow mixes both of them that it sounds almost utopia! I wonder if I'll be able to do anything else in my life when that game finally arrives! :D As for XIII, I got a bit tired of the places in the first chapters. Too much rust and iron. But as the game progressed (Gapra Whitewood) I loved it!

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
I am being honest. I loved 13 and 13-2 but I am sick of lightning now. So maybe I should bite the bullet
Well when she is the only thing SE has been promoting for the past 7 years really, it's understandable. Even the Compilation of FFVII didn't stretch on this long if you consider the the main period for that from 2004 through 2007 (Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children).

Well when she is the only thing SE has been promoting for the past 7 years really, it's understandable. Even the Compilation of FFVII didn't stretch on this long if you consider the the main period for that from 2004 through 2007 (Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children).
It must be bad for you. I import tons of square games, play the FF side games. So it hasnt been ALL lightning all the time. But its been bad.

I am at least able to break it up with importing Dragon Quest

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
It must be bad for you. I import tons of square games, play the FF side games. So it hasnt been ALL lightning all the time. But its been bad.

I am at least able to break it up with importing Dragon Quest
I import games too but I'm talking about the games that have been in the public spotlight from a western point of view. SE completely ignored Type-0 for the west even though it's the best game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series so far - for example.