About Dark Souls 2...

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Are you excited for it? Or are you indifferent?

Me, I think it certainly looks like more of the same; I just hope it doesn't become like Dark Souls 1.5. I don't see enough differences between 1 and 2 to make it an improved game except of the fact that it now seems more punishing. I'm definitely going to get it though. Thoughts?

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
I've been flirting with the idea of playing a game in which I lose every few minutes. Only the difficulty of the Souls games appeals to me, and I know practically nothing else about Dark Souls II - care to give some background? I may try it in the future.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I've been flirting with the idea of playing a game in which I lose every few minutes. Only the difficulty of the Souls games appeals to me, and I know practically nothing else about Dark Souls II - care to give some background? I may try it in the future.
You haven't played them? They are ARPG's with an emphasis on mastery of the combat and mastery of the environment. There's a lot of trial and error in these games. Enemies can be relentless and can deal a large amount of damage. Environments can also feel hostile because you never know what you'll get. Despite being difficult, the game never feels unfair because of those reasons. No. The game feels unfair for the lack of pause, the fact that you can get invaded by another player while you are trying to get through the world, and the fact that you lose your souls (the game's XP and currency) every time you die. They are not games for everyone. But they are great.

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
You haven't played them? They are ARPG's with an emphasis on mastery of the combat and mastery of the environment. There's a lot of trial and error in these games. Enemies can be relentless and can deal a large amount of damage. Environments can also feel hostile because you never know what you'll get. Despite being difficult, the game never feels unfair because of those reasons. No. The game feels unfair for the lack of pause, the fact that you can get invaded by another player while you are trying to get through the world, and the fact that you lose your souls (the game's XP and currency) every time you die. They are not games for everyone. But they are great.
Thanks for filling me in! The Souls games sound like my cup of tea (whether or not I play these games well is a different matter altogether). To understand Dark Souls II, would I have needed to play Demon's Souls and/or Dark Souls?

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
I am definately gonna buy it,Dark Souls is indeed a hard game and there were many times that i ragequited but once you learn the game mechanics and upgrade your characters equipment it can get a little easier
The question is will it be harder than Dark Souls?

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
I am definately gonna buy it,Dark Souls is indeed a hard game and there were many times that i ragequited but once you learn the game mechanics and upgrade your characters equipment it can get a little easier
The question is will it be harder than Dark Souls?
yeah_93 says that the game seems to be "more punishing" than its predecessor. So . . . perhaps? More opportunities to ragequit, definitely.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
It is not tied in terms of story. I'd say you play the previous games in order to get familiar with them. Also, it looks like it will be more punishing because you can now get invaded while hollowed (you couldn't in the previous games), you'll get your life cut by half if you die several times while hollowed, and the people you summon to help you can't help you a lot now.