About gladio

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i was thinking about why he was my least favorite character of the group, i mean he got very funny lines and i like him overall, and then it's pretty obvious... he got the most underpresented skill of the guys.

prompto's pictures and ignis cooking is a sizeable part of the game and of their personas, they are special activities which are exposed many times.

gladio's got survival but that's not explored or it was made evident like the ones above, i think it would be a way to show his personality if his skill was more used.

edit: also i think both gladio and ignis deserved a touching scene like the one you get with prompto if you sleep in a motel.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
True. I would've liked a scene resembling Prompto's motel scene with the other two guys.

Heck just more scenes overall xD

I do agree that his survival skill isn't really explored or as obvious as the other two. However him picking up mega elixirs for me is super convenient and useful.

It makes me wonder what other skill they could've given Gladio... hmmm *ponders*

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
The reason why I don't like him as much as Prompto or Ignis is because his voice actor is pretty bad. His voice sounds so fake.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I don't mind Gladio. He's just there for me but he does have his moments where I do find him likeable.

There is a big difference between his Japanese and English character though, in that his English portrayal is gruff and harsh but the Japanese portrayal is gruff but he has his very soft moments.

For example, and it's quite a massive difference imo

During the final ending camp scene, the English version is quite aggressive here with his "Spit it out" and "Huh so he finally spit it out".

He comes off as a bit callous and harsh here imo.

In the Japanese version, he's very soft, if not very gentle towards Noctis as if he were coaxing him gently to say the words.

Very stark contrast imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

the rock formations are identical to the ones in Teopa scar (or something like that), the big canyon dividing Lucis.

i was thinking his DLC would feature the Cape Shaem area on the map, but now its possible that it happens inside the canyon and this would be totally amazing; his DLC have potential if the reason he got away is related to his family being guardians of the king, and he want to find the grave of one of his ancestors.