Active Time Report June 4th 2015 (FFXV)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
It's good that they've only presented Duscae. Everything else apart from it will be fresh when they do decide to show them. Marketing department probably has it planned that way.

Not really excited for 2.0. I'll check out how they balanced the gameplay but that's it. Quite wary about the cover + MP recovery mechanic and not quite sure how they'll fix that.
Not to sound disingenuous, but if you don't like the cover thing I'd suggest avoiding it. There are great ways to manage your MP outside of it that are a lot more high-octane, and I find the cover system A-OK when I restrict myself to using it only in emergencies. Maybe that will help?

Not to sound disingenuous, but if you don't like the cover thing I'd suggest avoiding it. There are great ways to manage your MP outside of it that are a lot more high-octane, and I find the cover system A-OK when I restrict myself to using it only in emergencies. Maybe that will help?
My issue with it is with how it allows you to survive indefinitely when it's available. At times, you could say MP still regenerates faster than it is lost. It's exploitable, as can be demonstrated against the Behemoth. I find it broken rather than annoying/unsatisfying.

I'm perfectly comfortable with action games, thanks.

Sep 26, 2013
My issue with it is with how it allows you to survive indefinitely when it's available. At times, you could say MP still regenerates faster than it is lost. It's exploitable, as can be demonstrated against the Behemoth. I find it broken rather than annoying/unsatisfying.

I'm perfectly comfortable with action games, thanks.
I definitely wasn't implying you're bad at action games. If anything my suggestion that you avoid using the cover system is because I'm sure you'd be fine without it. Sorry if it came off another way. The reason I even mention is because the cover system is something I likewise found unsatisfying and dull, and I started enjoying myself a lot more when I solely used the blood sword or conservation for my MP needs.

Basically, if you don't feel you need it I'd only use it as a last resort.

I definitely wasn't implying you're bad at action games. If anything my suggestion that you avoid using the cover system is because I'm sure you'd be fine without it. Sorry if it came off another way. The reason I even mention is because the cover system is something I likewise found unsatisfying and dull, and I started enjoying myself a lot more when I solely used the blood sword or conservation for my MP needs.

Basically, if you don't feel you need it I'd only use it as a last resort.
I understand, and I don't use it either. It's just that I'd rather gameplay be polished and balanced when it's an RPG. Just finished playing through The Witcher 3 and discovering things like the Ekhidna + Archgriffin decoctions and the lack of penalties for pumping HP really bothers me. I dislike things that are simple to attain and are yet so overpowered that they render the game's challenges nonexistent. By right, a person who is playing to experience the game and its challenges should not have to resort to handicaps.

I'm sure the cover system would be less useful against bigger mobs, since they'll continually interrupt you, but it seems to me that the less enemies there are, the more likely cover is going to be exploitable.

I wasn't offended if it seemed that way to you. I'm just curt at times on the forum, so sorry about that.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
We've seen nothing but the demo for 9 months now... I can't believe it's been that long.
Nah...we also got an unfinished Lestallum and an unfinished train station walkthrough! ...Kappa

_____
@the trailer discussion
I'm confident that we'll get some new badass trailers once they finally start talking about the actual game. Keep in mind that we haven't got a story centric trailer since 2013.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I dislike things that are simple to attain and are yet so overpowered that they render the game's challenges nonexistent. By right, a person who is playing to experience the game and its challenges should not have to resort to handicaps.

I'm sure the cover system would be less useful against bigger mobs, since they'll continually interrupt you, but it seems to me that the less enemies there are, the more likely cover is going to be exploitable
How much balanced/overpower certain elememts are, it all comes down to how the player uses them and how much the developers over/underestimate the player skills to abuse those (potencial gamebreakers) gameplay features.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
_____
@the trailer discussion
I'm confident that we'll get some new badass trailers once they finally start talking about the actual game. Keep in mind that we haven't got a story centric trailer since 2013.
Do you think the short trailer at E3 will be story or gameplay focus?

Sep 26, 2013
I understand, and I don't use it either. It's just that I'd rather gameplay be polished and balanced when it's an RPG. Just finished playing through The Witcher 3 and discovering things like the Ekhidna + Archgriffin decoctions and the lack of penalties for pumping HP really bothers me. I dislike things that are simple to attain and are yet so overpowered that they render the game's challenges nonexistent. By right, a person who is playing to experience the game and its challenges should not have to resort to handicaps.

I'm sure the cover system would be less useful against bigger mobs, since they'll continually interrupt you, but it seems to me that the less enemies there are, the more likely cover is going to be exploitable.

I wasn't offended if it seemed that way to you. I'm just curt at times on the forum, so sorry about that.
No sweat! I'd imagine once we get some more powerful foes cover will become more of a luxury. I can't see it being immensely effective against, say, a big fire spell or Titan's foot. Still, I agree that I don't necessarily love the dynamic that it establishes in the demo. Even just gating Armiger behind something besides MP would be a great way to make this less of a broken tactic.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
E3 will talk about what they talk about at ATR of course, they're not gonna cover anything new at E3 if they aren't going to have any coverage.

Sep 26, 2013
E3 will talk about what they talk about at ATR of course, they're not gonna cover anything new at E3 if they aren't going to have any coverage.
Do you think so? I'd more assumed the ATR would be solely about Duscae 2.0 with there being a minor trailer at E3 showing new stuff.