An Idea for FFXV

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
In wake of all the latest info, I've been thinking more and more about the game's eventual launch.

I've been imagining what XV's marketing campaign will look like, and I've imagined advertisements for the game that riffs off the basic fantasy based on reality theme. I think it would pretty cool if the ads were live action and take place in our world. Focusing on random actors wearing Roen clothing or styled in similar attire, caught in fantastical dreamlike situations in otherwise normal backdrops. Each ad would take place in the actual locations the settings from XV are inspired from. Such as Tokyo, Manchester, Venice, or any other locales such as Paris. Essentially mimicking the game's art direction in a 'breaking the fourth wall' type of way.

The tagline would be "Dream of Final Fantasy"
Examples: Tokyo dreams of Final Fantasy, or Venice dreams of Final Fantasy, etc.

It's sort of corny, but I think it would be pretty neat to see something like that. I was reminded of the Japanese ads for the Dragon Quest games and FFX.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
It's a good idea. I haven't seen a commercial for a ff since FFX. They need them not just on the net either.

If it were me I'd do a commercial with a skyscraper in the distance. The camera slowly zooms in on it as you can hear a battle in the distance. Suddenly a sword stabs int the side of the skyscraper and noctis warps there. The screen blinks out with a release date and the title.

Or

An all black screen with shard floating along. Then swords flip thru the darkness as if thrown. And once 14 go by on the 15th Noct is diving forward with the sword and slashes the screen. Title and release date.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Hey I really like the idea of that first one. Sounds like a simple, but striking concept. No spoken dialogue or anything.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
I've watched it over a couple times. I got the impression of how everyday life and gaming experiences can coincide, or compliment one another. Themes of separation and being united with people your care about. Very subtle concept as far as game commercials go, and kinda funny too.

It really is interesting how creative ads for games can be in Japan. Some of them go the extra mile of expressing the tone of feel of the game in a more unique way, as opposed to blatantly trying to sell you a product. No doubt the idea I expressed in the OP would have more success in Japan than in western media, but whatever.