Anyone play the Shadow Hearts series on the PS2?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Did you play the Shadow Hearts games?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I like trains

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I played through a good chunk of Shadow Hearts ~ From the New World and loved it, but the game was stolen from me before I could finish it.

Mifune13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
I have all three and I can say that they were some of the best RPGs on PS2.

Did anyone ever play the prequel Koudelka on the ps1?

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I have all three and I can say that they were some of the best RPGs on PS2.

Did anyone ever play the prequel Koudelka on the ps1?
There was a PREQUEL on the PS1? Youtubing now!! Man since I made this thread i've had the urge to play the third Shadow Hearts game. I never beat it actually, that's probably why I kept it for almost 8 years.

Mifune13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
There was a PREQUEL on the PS1? Youtubing now!! Man since I made this thread i've had the urge to play the third Shadow Hearts game. I never beat it actually, that's probably why I kept it for almost 8 years.

Yea I prob butchered the spelling but check it out. Had a real gothic horror element to it. You played as Kouldelka who was in Shadow Hearts 1.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
I have all three and Koudelka sitting around the house, but because of reason like a massive backlog I've only gotten through most of the first Shadow Hearts. It's pretty fun, but I've heard the second's the best of them all, and I really want to get to it sooner rather than later.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Instead of playing Final Fantasy X, I played Shadow Hearts. I made the best decision.

Seda

Yevonite
Site Staff
Sep 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
Shadow Hearts 2 might be the most underrated/overlooked PS2 RPG there is. It's really fantastic is just about every regard. The third game felt largely the same in terms of how it played, but it featured a new cast of characters with a new story that was a step down from the first two games.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I hooked up my PS2 to my 2nd TV so I could play the third game now, i'm gonna 100% it just for fun. At the above post, yeah I agree it was a step down, but not too bad in my opinion, it was a charming game.

Seda

Yevonite
Site Staff
Sep 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
I hooked up my PS2 to my 2nd TV so I could play the third game now, i'm gonna 100% it just for fun. At the above post, yeah I agree it was a step down, but not too bad in my opinion, it was a charming game.
It's still a good game, and most importantly - the Shadow Hearts 2 gameplay is kept nearly the same, but after being a big fan of the original cast and stories, having a totally different cast just felt odd from the get go.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
I've never played them, but they first caught my interest when I saw From the New World has a guest illustration by Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series and The Last Story illustrator).

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Okay, I'm a little confused and need some clarification. I only know Shadow Hearts games by subtitles, and I've never seen numbers attached to them. What's the actual subtitle for Shadow Hearts 2 and Shadow Hearts 3, respectively?

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
Shadow Hearts II is called Shadow Hearts: Covenant in the West.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World is the only name for the third game. It's not called Shadow Hearts III because it features a different cast and story.