Bayonetta 2

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
There will be a Nintendo Direct on September 4th 3PM pacific time that will focus on Bayonetta 2.

Anyone interested in this? The first one was awesome so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I can't wait to touch Bayonetta again! :)

May 26, 2014
I wanted to play the first one but never did because I heard not-too-good things about the PS3 version (and I don't own a 360). But I think I'm gonna pick this up when I get a Wii U late this year/early next, since the first game is included with it!

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
It does surprise me that Europe's on the up-and-up but it's only fair -- America and Japan are always getting exclusives/shit sooner than everyone else.

I am excited about Bayonetta, but not about the whole box collection. I sometimes worry that companies overcompensate for a rushed game with various editions and special boxes (I'm thinking of a particularly heavy marketing campaign for Assassin's Creed).

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
I wanted to play the first one but never did because I heard not-too-good things about the PS3 version (and I don't own a 360). But I think I'm gonna pick this up when I get a Wii U late this year/early next, since the first game is included with it!
It wasn't unplayable but it was much better on the 360 imo.

Man, I really with that first print edition would come to NA.

Sep 26, 2013
Not surprised. It's part of a niche genre heading towards extinction. Also, the games Platinum Games make don't seem to sell well either. But as long as they can find work, and they still do, then who really cares.

Sep 26, 2013
I can see why. The games they make are for the hardest of hardcore gamers who like a tough challenge. Not everyone is going to like that.

Just be happy that games like this are still being made.

Sep 26, 2013
Hmm. I don't really think you have to worry about that. I think what developers are starting to find out now is that casuals aren't really on consoles right now. They've moved over to smart devices. So developers will probably create games that makes sense for that market.

However, I don't see the number of hardcore games rising. There are no signs of that. If people want more hardcore games, then they're going to have to sacrifice amazing production values. Can't really have both.

Last edited:

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
The verdict: Purchase a Wii U and purchase a copy of Bayonetta 2.

Metacritic critic average: 91/100
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/bayonetta-2/critic-reviews

And if you still ain't convinced...... Gamespot gave the game a ten..... A SOLID 10/10. No jokes.
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bayonetta-2-review/1900-6415911/

Platinum did an awesome job. :chocowalk:
Bad: "The sad realization that future action games may never top this" LOL! The Humor!

I hope Bayonetta 2 gets the sales it deserves! With music like this
I can play this game forever :).

And the Epic boss battle theme

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Leaving my house to go pick it up in just a few minutes. So hype!

Edit: Well, that was a wasted trip and excitement. Not sure how I got it in my head that the game came out yesterday, lol. Nine more days...

Last edited:

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
So Club Nintendo codes are now on the back of the game covers? They're getting mad cheap with inserts nowadays, heh. I give 'em props for putting Bayo 1 on a physical disc and not making it a DL voucher, though.