Best final boss ever (full final fight video w/ cinematics)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Obvious turbo spoilers.

Ifrit fight only. Cinematics included. Real fight starts at 3:35.

Normal difficulty, no black hood nonsense or any other cheap items. No HUD, no items. Even got to see prompto take the shot I used for the thumbnail :p

The magic was a Maxicast random and didn't give me the right element ONCE, lol. But, it's not about how to beat it faster, it about how to beat it in style. Enjoy!

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The Ifrit fight is very cool, but IMO it's not even close to the 'best final boss' in the series and combat/gameplay wise everything that follows Ifrit is a wet fart, in part because it's clear they cut a significant battle from the end. I'm a big fan of the last 90 minutes of the game in general, though. They're the only bit of the game - the only bit - that in pacing means is well executed.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I liked the Ifrit fight(s). However, I found the Ardyn fights very lackluster. Which is a shame, because I quite like Ardyn as a villain. It wouldn't have changed a thing if instead of Ardyn we would've fought "shadow Noctis" or a darker/evil version of Noctis, because that's pretty much what Ardyn's moveset/fight revolved around.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I don't consider the Ardyn fight a real fight. Like a yu yevon more than anything else. I consider ifrit to be it. That fight us by far the most fun boss in the series for me. I made it look good, too. That sequence, start to finish, is about the most epic 10 minutes of epicness I've seen out there.

And boo fucking hoo about your cut content. It is what it is. You don't need to pout about it in every thread. Deadlines happen, shit gets cut. There's a hell of a game there even without the parts you imagined.

Last edited:

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
However, Ardyn is the final fight, whether you consider it as such or not. When referencing the final fight of FFXV everyone will automatically assume you're referring to Ardyn. I was initially confused by your video when I saw it was about Ifrit (which is a cool fight).

Your second paragraph is unnecessary. You titled this post in reference to the final fight. The final fight was very lackluster. The Ifrit fight is cool.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Cut content or no the Ardyn fight is just pretty anticlimactic and rubbish. It's also filled with really weird stuff like incredibly bad foley work at the start of the fight when they force each other back to smash the glass of buildings - another weird shot that just looks/feels/sounds unfinished - the rushing and cutting just serves as an explanation as to "oh, so that's why it is how it is." It warrants discussion, too, so: nah.

I don't think the Ifrit fight is particularly stunning from the perspective of actual battle design - it's a pretty boring encounter and not as interesting even as some higher level hunts - but the music (which, it should be noted, isn't by Shimomura) and the general atmosphere saves it; some good in-fight banter with the guys, it's a battle that's more than the sum of its parts.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm totally with everyone that the Ardyn fight sucked. Especially the super Saiyan part.

But, ap, if you think the Ardyn fight is boring, you didn't watch my video :p

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
However, Ardyn is the final fight, whether you consider it as such or not. When referencing the final fight of FFXV everyone will automatically assume you're referring to Ardyn. I was initially confused by your video when I saw it was about Ifrit (which is a cool fight).

Your second paragraph is unnecessary. You titled this post in reference to the final fight. The final fight was very lackluster. The Ifrit fight is cool.
My second paragraph was absolutely necessary, but I could have worded it better. You have a million places to post your disappointment.

There are a few final fantasy games that have the actual challenging final boss before the cathartic cinematic boss. That's how I see this one. Either way, regardless of the thread title, the content of the post and video is clearly about the ifrit fight. More specifically, it was about the video. We were all getting annoyed throughout the dev process because everyone that denied the fights didn't make them look fun at all, so I recorded one for you all. I only posted in spoilers and gave it that title because it's end game and I didn't want to put spoilers in the title.

I was actually hoping someone would see that then record or upload sonething else that's cool.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
Yes, and this is one of those million places. It's not weird to see opinions on the final fight in a thread titled that this game has the best final fight. Seeing as you're actually agreeing with us regarding the quality of the actual final fight, I don't see the issue here.

I think the ifrit fight is quite cool, but the game has quite a few better fights. I don't think anyone can claim that the game doesn't have good fights at all.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yes, and this is one of those million places. It's not weird to see opinions on the final fight in a thread titled that this game has the best final fight. Seeing as you're actually agreeing with us regarding the quality of the actual final fight, I don't see the issue here.

I think the ifrit fight is quite cool, but the game has quite a few better fights. I don't think anyone can claim that the game doesn't have good fights at all.
The issue, no offense, is that there's more to a thread than a title. This thread was actually supposed to be a distraction from the hubbub. It was supposed to be hey, look, there's still plenty of cool to see and talk about. It doesn't all have to be doom and gloom. Everywhere.

I am not and will never be someone who defines everything by its faults. I used to be. I converted to optimism. It's not about trying to "fool" myself into thinking everything is fine, it's about learning to appreciate, like you do a fine wine, the things you have, so you can discover the hidden depths and beauty that people overlook. You would be shocked at how much beauty you ignore on a daily basis. And I have to tell you, some people ought to quit arguing with me and everyone else when we try to point out these things and just say thanks for trying for shining a light on something I overlooked. You spent the money. We're helping you enjoy it.

I got news for ya. It didn't work out the way ANYone wanted it to. It couldn't have. We all wanted something different. And the way it played out, yes, it's disappointing. What they did get right is amazing and most importantly unique. You can't change anything, so maybe it's time for people to stop worrying so much about what you didn't get and take a look at what you got. I'm here to help. It's a weird, wonderful, flawed masterpiece that should continue to get better over time.

You all don't see it, but when you're jumping from thread to thread and forum to forum with it, you're just feeding off each other and making it worse. I understand we all have an emotional attachment to these games, but if you loosen your grip in your expectations long enough to take it for what it us, I guarantee you will find more to love about this game than you think.

I see many fans saying that the Aranea fight is the best (in XV).
That fight has the same potential. It's because the best fights are either humanoid, or flying, and Arena and Ifrit are both. Ifrit adds two things for my dollar: cooler effects, and the environment has a ton of warp points so it's easier to keep the action going. I barely hit the ground on my run.

But, then again, I only did the arenea fight the one time and I didn't know the combat as well. I'll have to see if I can redo this fight...

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
All of that is quite unnesecarry. We responded to both the Ifrit fight as well as the "best final fight" part in the title. No need to make a big deal out of it.
I mean, I don't have much to say about the Ifrit fight besides it being cool, but nothing special.

If you want a specific discussion going on, you should account for that in the opening post. Right now it's an open post with the invitation of this game having the best final fight as well as showing a video of the Ifrit fight. There's not much more to it and therefore not much to be said about it (if there were, ours wouldn't be the only comments here).

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I love when the music switches midway during the fight and how that then switches to a Shiva themed one in the end. One of my favorite soundtracks.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Yes I also found the Ardyn fight a bit boring and nothing special also the scenes and sound were weird.
The Ifrit fight was cool, different fight/forms of him.
Overall you can clearly see the game was rushed in the development.
Hope they fix this and many other things.