Check out these Persona 3 prototype videos

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
So, check it out, you can see what Persona 3 might have looked like (but didn't):

So, apparently the first video makes the game look like an Action-RPG, while the second... well, I don't even know what's going on in the second one. I'm kinda glad P3 turned out... different, heh.

Still, interesting stuff. Share your thoughts!

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Huh. That's pretty interesting. I love prototype videos of games, always so fascinating. The funny thing about these videos is they really seem to be a middle ground between the more Dungeon-crawly Persona 1 & 2 and what we got in Persona 3 and 4 proper. It's a stepping stone piece of design, like those old Ocarina of Time prototypes that looked tons like the original NES Zelda!

I'm glad the games turned out how they did, though. P3 & P4 are some of the best JRPGs in recent memory, imo.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I love the stuff from around the N64 era... there was so much awesome stuff getting cut as people experimented with 3D. I also really distinctly remember Sonic Adventure having a Dragon boss that was cut...