Demo and story timeline

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ballz

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2014
What we know so far:

- Everything shown in the TGS trailer is from the demo which takes place a bit after the beginning according to Tabata.

- As seen at the beginning of the trailer, the peace treaty is still taking place and is set to conclude at dusk.

- Noctis and Luna are already familiar with each other.

- In the versus trailer, he and Stella meet at a party celebrating the peace treaty which I assume takes place AFTER the demo since that is when the invasion begins.

- The story could have been reworked since it became a mainline title but in the E3 trailer last year, they still had that CGI cutscene of Noctis in the limo all dressed up which makes me believe the whole party scene is still there.

- Now in the TGS trailer the thing I can't seem to figure out is whether they are heading to or leaving Lucis. If they are heading to Lucis then everything would fit in the timeline since they should be back in time for the party. If not then there is a disconnect there since no way they can make it back in time.

What do guys think?

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I think they just intentionally mixed up both the E32013/TGS2014 trailers since its clear last years dialogue is not attached to the scenes of Accordo as an example. Not the plot changing.

EDIT: Pressed post too early...
The attacks haven't happened yet. They may have added more to the beginning. I was under the impression they were heading to Altissia first, then heading back and Idola launches his attack then.

Last edited:

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
In the TGS 2014 trailer they are heading to meet with Luna in Altissia:

In the E3 2013 Trailer they are already in the place that Luna is supposed to be (Altissia), and the place is already under attack:
(Thanks to @Starlord for the picture)

And in that trailer we found that the war has begun in Solheim, Tenebrae and Accordo. I think the fight in Lucis will be the last one because if I remember, in one of the trailers they state that Lucis is the last place with a crystal so we can suppose that Niflheim is destroying or taking the other nations Crystals by force and Lucis will be the last one.

I think the attack on Lucis will occur when Noct is out to meet Luna and he will need to come back to protect the crystal. The first trailer shows Noctis doing his best as a "last man standing" protecting the entrance of the "castle" in Lucis. It's a very sad trailer because It's like everyone else failed and only Noctis is there to protect the Crystal.

It will be strange if the attack on Lucis occurs before the TGS 2014 trailer and them they run away from the fight leaving Lucis to it's own fate.
I think they will go to meet with Luna because she know that the Nations are in danger and when they arrive there the war already started.
In the TGS trailer they say they are far away from Lucis and when they come back the city will be already doomed but the crystal is still safe and they need to protect it.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
This was posted today on official FF page on facebook:
The armed forces of Niflheim launch a devastating assault upon the Kingdom of Lucis, casting Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades out of their homes and into the fray. The engaging tale to follow draws audiences into an awe-inspiring world steeped in the rich storytelling traditions of SQUARE ENIX’s renowned First Production Development team.
I'm not sure if it refers to the upcoming demo or just gives a general description of the game's plot. But at least there is some clue about the sequence of events.
We know that they're escapimg from Lucis after Niflheim's attack.

Ballz

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2014
This was posted today on official FF page on facebook:
I'm not sure if it refers to the upcoming demo or just gives a general description of the game's plot. But at least there is some clue about the sequence of events.
We know that they're escapimg from Lucis after Niflheim's attack.
Yup, and in the TGS trailer the two parties are still negotiating so we know the attack hasn't happened yet.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Likely they lose to the robbers coming for the crystal and they spend most of the game chasing down the robbers and righting wrong of the evil acts the robbers do as they leave destruction in their wake. I've always thought that the plot would have times near the end where Noct takes all he's learned and unleash his fury on the robbers when he finally catches them in the end. I bet they'll be times he could have recovered the crystal but didn't since it'd cost human lives in the battle that would occur.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
In the TGS 2014 trailer they are heading to meet with Luna in Altissia:

In the E3 2013 Trailer they are already in the place that Luna is supposed to be (Altissia), and the place is already under attack:
(Thanks to @Starlord for the picture)

And in that trailer we found that the war has begun in Solheim, Tenebrae and Accordo. I think the fight in Lucis will be the last one because if I remember, in one of the trailers they state that Lucis is the last place with a crystal so we can suppose that Niflheim is destroying or taking the other nations Crystals by force and Lucis will be the last one.

I think the attack on Lucis will occur when Noct is out to meet Luna and he will need to come back to protect the crystal. The first trailer shows Noctis doing his best as a "last man standing" protecting the entrance of the "castle" in Lucis. It's a very sad trailer because It's like everyone else failed and only Noctis is there to protect the Crystal.

It will be strange if the attack on Lucis occurs before the TGS 2014 trailer and them they run away from the fight leaving Lucis to it's own fate.
I think they will go to meet with Luna because she know that the Nations are in danger and when they arrive there the war already started.
In the TGS trailer they say they are far away from Lucis and when they come back the city will be already doomed but the crystal is still safe and they need to protect it.
I thought the 2013 trailer was Accordo because it is based on Vince, Italy, which would be the reason for the water state and architecture. So are you telling me Altissia is within Accordo? If Nomura promised XV's story is very tragic then would Luna be a victim of Idola's madness, either slaughtered in front of Noc or corrupted to attack? Does she make it out alive? The invasion cannot happen until Idola signs the peace treaty because it is a ruse. Idk need some more information as to who Luna really is and the state of Altissia. All I know is that Idola wants the crystal because without it his country remains primitive in everything except firearms. Lucis, among others, are world class superpowers like America. Niflheim would be China but rich in the military only since it's a fiscal-military state.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Yup, and in the TGS trailer the two parties are still negotiating so we know the attack hasn't happened yet.
And when we reach Altissia... the surprise in the demo will be an airship to get back as quickly as possible!

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier

The second extented trailer confirms that when they arrive the attack already started. My mistake in the last post is to consider Lucis as a city when It's the entire Kingdom. In the tgs 2014 they refer to their home as Crown City.

I still think the demo takes place before the attack in Crown city.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014

The second extented trailer confirms that when they arrive the attack already started. My mistake in the last post is to consider Lucis as a city when It's the entire Kingdom. In the tgs 2014 they refer to their home as Crown City.

I still think the demo takes place before the attack in Crown city.
Taba said it's the begging, so obviously it happens before Idola makes his move. The game doesn't start off with Noc defending Lucis lol. That doesn't make sense from a writing point of view. So yeah your right whatever happens leads to the big event.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
In the trailer they say that she is in Altissia. After Prompto say to Noct that "his date is waiting for him" and later Noct says that Luna has something for him so I think we can assume that they are heading to meet her. That is a great reason for them to leave Crown City.
Well, they could be doing anything. They also show Noctis in what looks to be hell on earth, that doesn't mean we are going there in the demo.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Yeah like I said. They probably mixed the footage up with some later stuff. We only know we're traveling in the Duscae region which is around the astral shard.

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
I think that much is obvious though since the negotiations are still taking place and Noctis and co. are pretty relaxed.
Taba said it's the begging, so obviously it happens before Idola makes his move. The game doesn't start off with Noc defending Lucis lol. That doesn't make sense from a writing point of view. So yeah your right whatever happens leads to the big event.
Yes, I know it look pretty obvious but I think here we are trying to figure out the timeline of the events, isn't it?
Reading again I found another mistake that is the fact that here: "I still think the demo takes place before the attack in Crown city." I was referring to the TGS trailer and not the demo.

Well, they could be doing anything. They also show Noctis in what looks to be hell on earth, that doesn't mean we are going there in the demo.
I don't know your point. I said they are heading to meet her in the TGS Trailer ("In the TGS 2014 trailer they are heading to meet with Luna in Altissia"), not in the demo.
I agree with you that they can be going anywhere in the demo since we don't know If it's related to what appear in the trailer.
They only say that the demo is in Duscae and maybe that region presented in the trailer could be the place.

...but trying to organize a timeline maybe it can be possible the events of the demo:

1. Something happen to Luna and she goes to Altissia ("Turns out Luna is in Altissia", "I trust she's well")
2. She have something for Noctis, so they need to meet at Altissia ("She say anything else?", "She's got something for me")
3. Noct and the guys then go on road to Altissia to meet with her ("Your date's is already waiting for you")
4. Then you explore the region of Duscae if that is the region we saw in the trailer
5. The demo could end before they reach Altissia, like the final scene of the trailer ("Almost there"):

Or it could be totally different haha In the end we are just speculating here.
Don't take anything too serious. :cactuar:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Yes, I know it look pretty obvious but I think here we are trying to figure out the timeline of the events, isn't it?
Reading again I found another mistake that is the fact that here: "I still think the demo takes place before the attack in Crown city." I was referring to the TGS trailer and not the demo.

I don't know your point. I said they are heading to meet her in the TGS Trailer ("In the TGS 2014 trailer they are heading to meet with Luna in Altissia"), not in the demo.
I agree with you that they can be going anywhere in the demo since we don't know If it's related to what appear in the trailer.
They only say that the demo is in Duscae and maybe that region presented in the trailer could be the place.

...but trying to organize a timeline maybe it can be possible the events of the demo:

1. Something happen to Luna and she goes to Altissia ("Turns out Luna is in Altissia", "I trust she's well")
2. She have something for Noctis, so they need to meet at Altissia ("She say anything else?", "She's got something for me")
3. Noct and the guys then go on road to Altissia to meet with her ("Your date's is already waiting for you")
4. Then you explore the region of Duscae if that is the region we saw in the trailer
5. The demo could end before they reach Altissia, like the final scene of the trailer ("Almost there"):

Or it could be totally different haha In the end we are just speculating here.
Don't take anything too serious. :cactuar:
I know. I just feel there isn't enough information to go by...

Now, in the demo, Altissia could be the town we visit.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I thought the 2013 trailer was Accordo because it is based on Vince, Italy, which would be the reason for the water state and architecture. So are you telling me Altissia is within Accordo? If Nomura promised XV's story is very tragic then would Luna be a victim of Idola's madness, either slaughtered in front of Noc or corrupted to attack? Does she make it out alive? The invasion cannot happen until Idola signs the peace treaty because it is a ruse. Idk need some more information as to who Luna really is and the state of Altissia. All I know is that Idola wants the crystal because without it his country remains primitive in everything except firearms. Lucis, among others, are world class superpowers like America. Niflheim would be China but rich in the military only since it's a fiscal-military state.
So cool I#ve just realized that we've already seen accordo 6 years ago.
vlcsnap-2014-09-27-00h49m27s213.png

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
So cool I#ve just realized that we've already seen accordo 6 years ago.
View attachment 165
Prompto and Ignis used to wear white too instead of go "full black" as Noct. And looks like someone just lost his shirt too...

And comparing now... Everyone changed a lot since Versus XIII. I think everyone is looking better now - except Prompto, I don't like his new face... Don't seems to fit his personality.