Demo and story timeline

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I don't know your point. I said they are heading to meet her in the TGS Trailer ("In the TGS 2014 trailer they are heading to meet with Luna in Altissia"), not in the demo.
When did they ever say they were going there. Have you ever got a call from someone in the car saying that they are somewhere, and you tell the person with you that the caller arrived at their location. Does that mean that you are going to see them? No, it might mean you just got word about their location, and you are alerting the rest of the company with you the current situation. You have to realize, that it's possible they mention Luna, fast forward hours into the story and they show Luna, don't treat the trailer in a linear sense that every scene follows a linear timeline, it's possible it goes forward and backwards in ways that aren't connected.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
We need a map.
Altissa may be the renaming of Accordo. Or not.
Lucis is a kingdom, but is Crown really the name of a city? Maybe that's a nick name for the city. Like people calle Chicago, Chi-Town.
I wish they'll show the whole world map as a chart at Jump Festa. That way we'd at least know all the city-states.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I've always assumed that the countries had the same name as the capitals, since they seem to be city-states. Insomnia is probably the brand of the car or something like that, although it could be the name of the city itself if they decide to have some small villages around it to create a country, for example. Or even if they don't.

Regarding Altissia... Luna seems to be in Accordo, so either new name, name of the capital or different place.

I wanna see the map, too, I'm a sucker for maps. I think they'll give us something like XII, a huge continent or groups of continents in which we "only" can explore parts of it; otherwise it wouldn't be feasible.

As long as the world's interesting, big, well connected and full of details I'm golden, since I don't want a full planet to explore in which there are only a couple of countries and cities. As much as I love VIII and IX and their worlds are my favourite in the series, they lack that in comparison with Ivalice, which feels a believable world.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
I thought the name of Lucis Capital was Insomnia.
West Insomnia is a street sign. Words like Insomnia relate to the theme of sleep, something that hasn't been talked about a whole lot. Nihilsomno is a location that translate to absence of sleep.

. They took the Nihilsomno road. Lucis's capital is not Insomnia. Nomura didn't even say it had a capital. It's just an isolated nation. If it does then it was never shown. Vallis Acerba and Nihilsomno are near Lucis. The exact area wasn't never stated.

Last edited:

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
I've always assumed that the countries had the same name as the capitals, since they seem to be city-states. Insomnia is probably the brand of the car or something like that
Yes Insomnia being the brand name makes sense if they really want to keep it fantasy based on reality. It's just not a car. IT IS AN INSOMNIA, the best in its class! Horsepower unlike any other. VOOM VOOM VOOM. The old 2011 trailer did show a car shop called KICK in Lucis.

The name of the car is really RHS. I don't know what RHS stands for. I'll go with your car brand theory.

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
When did they ever say they were going there. Have you ever got a call from someone in the car saying that they are somewhere, and you tell the person with you that the caller arrived at their location. Does that mean that you are going to see them? No, it might mean you just got word about their location, and you are alerting the rest of the company with you the current situation. You have to realize, that it's possible they mention Luna, fast forward hours into the story and they show Luna, don't treat the trailer in a linear sense that every scene follows a linear timeline, it's possible it goes forward and backwards in ways that aren't connected.
Like I said before, don't take anything too serious - I'm just trying to create a timeline of the events and speculating things. That's the purpose of the topic I think.
I know that the images of the trailer are not linear but I think the order of the events that I made can be reasonably possible.
I see that you like to work only with facts but lets try to exercise our guesses of what's going on.
I would like to see your interpretation of the events and a timeline If you could share your vision with us.

We need a map.
Altissa may be the renaming of Accordo. Or not.
Lucis is a kingdom, but is Crown really the name of a city? Maybe that's a nick name for the city. Like people calle Chicago, Chi-Town.
I wish they'll show the whole world map as a chart at Jump Festa. That way we'd at least know all the city-states.
I don't know, Altissia looks like to be a City or Discrit or something else inside Accordo. I don't think It's a name change.
Or It can be a place very close to Accordo and because of that share some similarities with that city.

About Crown City I think it's some type of "nickname" too, but I think that's the way we will refer to It in the most of the time.
I think we really need a map to understand theses thinks too... I don't know what are Nations or what are Cities and because of that I can be posting a lot of wrong info.

I've always assumed that the countries had the same name as the capitals, since they seem to be city-states. Insomnia is probably the brand of the car or something like that, although it could be the name of the city itself if they decide to have some small villages around it to create a country, for example. Or even if they don't.

Regarding Altissia... Luna seems to be in Accordo, so either new name, name of the capital or different place.

I wanna see the map, too, I'm a sucker for maps. I think they'll give us something like XII, a huge continent or groups of continents in which we "only" can explore parts of it; otherwise it wouldn't be feasible.

As long as the world's interesting, big, well connected and full of details I'm golden, since I don't want a full planet to explore in which there are only a couple of countries and cities. As much as I love VIII and IX and their worlds are my favourite in the series, they lack that in comparison with Ivalice, which feels a believable world.
This entire time I was referring to the Capital as Lucis too but now I feel that It could be wrong. I don't know and we really need a map to put things in order.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I don't know, Altissia looks like to be a City or Discrit or something else inside Accordo. I don't think It's a name change.
Or It can be a place very close to Accordo and because of that share some similarities with that city.

About Crown City I think it's some type of "nickname" too, but I think that's the way we will refer to It in the most of the time.
I think we really need a map to understand theses thinks too... I don't know what are Nations or what are Cities and because of that I can be posting a lot of wrong info.
Yeah I rewatched it. The word "crown city" is lower case. It's not the name, likely the nickname for the capital of Lucis.
There are wikia pages but they may be totally in the dark now that things have been changed. After all, the only thing set in stone right now are the leads.

Sep 28, 2014

The second extented trailer confirms that when they arrive the attack already started. My mistake in the last post is to consider Lucis as a city when It's the entire Kingdom. In the tgs 2014 they refer to their home as Crown City.

I still think the demo takes place before the attack in Crown city.
Ignis refers to the city as 'the crown city,' not 'Crown City.' This term has generally been applied throughout history to the capital city of a nation where it's monarchy is seated. For example, London was (and I guess still is, in a way) the crown city of Britain.