Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth coming to North America for PS4 & PS Vita

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 26, 2014
I wonder if this game is any good... I watched some gameplay from when it first came out and I liked some of the visual design. I liked some of the character designs, a bit iffy on others. Dunno. I love Digimon, but I never really got into the games surprisingly enough.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
^ I think it's a great game, though on the easy side. I played it a few months ago and am currently lending it to somebody but I had a ton of fun with it, about 100 hours of play, I think.

Graphics are gorgeous and the storyline is easily better than most of the anime seasons. It's more in the same vein as Tamers since it has some darker themes, some of them are actually kind of disturbing and explore aspects of Digimon interacting with the real world that the anime would never touch upon, like being used for criminal purposes.

I wish the battle system was a bit more balanced (it's kind of like SMT/Persona where strengths and weaknesses make or break the battle, but is easier for some reason, probably because you can't have turns stolen from you). And also like Persona, a lot of the dungeons feel same-ey. But I still recommend it highly, especially for Digimon fans.

May 26, 2014
^ I think it's a great game, though on the easy side. I played it a few months ago and am currently lending it to somebody but I had a ton of fun with it, about 100 hours of play, I think.

Graphics are gorgeous and the storyline is easily better than most of the anime seasons. It's more in the same vein as Tamers since it has some darker themes, some of them are actually kind of disturbing and explore aspects of Digimon interacting with the real world that the anime would never touch upon, like being used for criminal purposes.

I wish the battle system was a bit more balanced (it's kind of like SMT/Persona where strengths and weaknesses make or break the battle, but is easier for some reason, probably because you can't have turns stolen from you). And also like Persona, a lot of the dungeons feel same-ey. But I still recommend it highly, especially for Digimon fans.
Sounds promising.

Also, if anyone was wondering, it's going to have Japanese voices only. This is a major minus for me. Oh well!