Dissidia 2015, what would u like?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nora_Nightingale

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 7, 2015
Here are some of the things i would like in the new Dissidia game other than the obvious cast.

Characters:
Noctis (ff15)
Benjamin (mystic quest/FFusa)
Mira (crystal chronicles)
Ace and Cid (type-0)
Wol (mobius)
Ashe (FF12)
Vivi (FF9)
Lilisette (FF11)

Story
What got me attached to the game was the story as much as the characters. in fact, the story enhanced the characters. A cosmos ending and a chaos ending. I also want an open world exploration similar to 012. Moogles are definitely a plus. Perhaps not all the plots interwoven, but in set in separate times similar to 012.

Sep 26, 2013
DLC characters to expand the roster would be great provided they offer about as many characters for free as they always have. Would love some XV rep once the battle styles of the characters become more defined.

For the most part though I just wished they hadn't deviated quite as much from classic Dissidia combat... I really liked the system that was already in place and most of the tweaks I've read about don't sound great to me.

The new summoning system though? Already a dream come true.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Not too mich to add:
  1. Yuna
  2. Locke (FF6)
  3. Sabin (FF6)
  4. Vincent
  5. Steiner (FF9)
  6. Tifa
I suppose this will be a sequel to Dissidia1 or a alternative continuity ?

Nora_Nightingale

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 7, 2015
lol this just crossed my mind, but i would actually like a completely original character designed for Dissidia. And i'm not talking about Cosmos and Chaos. But some characters playable. I also think Dissidia is a good way of promoting FF games to come by giving us a taste of what these characters are like.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
1. Noel or Serah (XIII-2)
2. Rydia (IV)
3. Ming-wu (II)
4. Shadow/Interceptor or Sabin (VI)
5. Caius (XIII-2)
6. Auron (X)

This is just based on the idea that all the characters who've already been in the game will be in the game again.

For the most part though I just wished they hadn't deviated quite as much from classic Dissidia combat... I really liked the system that was already in place and most of the tweaks I've read about don't sound great to me.
Like what? I haven't been following Dissidia HD news, so I don't know what's been changed or not.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Like what? I haven't been following Dissidia HD news, so I don't know what's been changed or not.
Oh dear, I apologize. I didn't see this reply earlier.

Basically my issue is that they've pared down and completely reworked a lot of character attacks, and it seems like you can only carry on HP attack into battle at a time. Overall the movesets lack a lot of the variety and individualism they had in the past games and characters like Bartz have even had their fighting styles completely changed for the worse. I also feel that compared to the prior titles the art direction is really lacking despite the next generation leap.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Oh dear, I apologize. I didn't see this reply earlier.

Basically my issue is that they've pared down and completely reworked a lot of character attacks, and it seems like you can only carry on HP attack into battle at a time. Overall the movesets lack a lot of the variety and individualism they had in the past games and characters like Bartz have even had their fighting styles completely changed for the worse. I also feel that compared to the prior titles the art direction is really lacking despite the next generation leap.
no worries!
one HP attack per battle is definitely a strike. I'm at least hoping they at least ameliorate that by adding more to the normal attacks...
and I'd agree with the art direction thing, that was something I noticed immediately, especially since nomura doesn't have a hand in this game. It's a little soulless.

Sep 26, 2013
no worries!
one HP attack per battle is definitely a strike. I'm at least hoping they at least ameliorate that by adding more to the normal attacks...
and I'd agree with the art direction thing, that was something I noticed immediately, especially since nomura doesn't have a hand in this game. It's a little soulless.
That's exactly how I'd characterize the art design too, well said. They're definitely trying to emulate that visual flair that makes Final Fantasy so special, but it seems like they just can't quite grasp it. Unfortunately it looks like you also can't customize the brave attacks of your characters at all... If I'm hearing correct information each character has seven brave attacks and that's it and they cannot be switched. The only plus side is that some attacks that were originally HP attacks are now brave attacks, which you were spot on about in your guess. I'm just not really confident in the changes or what I'm seeing, but actually calling summons onto the field is such a cool change that I still may be hooked.

Nora_Nightingale

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 7, 2015
I want to point out that FF series back then focused on this simple design. It didn't try too hard with the textures, and gave it that poppy look.
In this new era, it seems to lack that design, even KH when it was clearly meant for it.

Shamdeo

@TonyGarsow
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
- a behemoth (most Final Fantasy games)
- Guy, and beavers (Final Fantasy II)
- Lone Wolf the Pickpocket (Final Fantasy V/VI)
- all the cats from the cat house in Wutai at once (Final Fantasy VII)
- the Queen of Cards (Final Fantasy VIII)
- Ratchel (Final Fantasy IX)
- Punished "Venom" Kimahri (Final Fantasy X-2)
- Hildibrand Helidor Maximilian Manderville (Final Fantasy XIV)
- Coleman (Final Fantasy XV)
- Shinji Hashimoto (the final boss of the final Final Fantasy)