Do you think FFXV will have a place in your top 10 RPG's of all time list?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Think FFXV be amazing enough to make it into your top 10 best RPG's of all time?

• Total voters

Fireryu

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 24, 2016
FFXV will certainly make it into my top RPGS over all time .

1 Final Fantasy VI

2 Phantasy Star IV ( one of the first Rpgs I got into along with FF VI . from what i remember the game was a blast to play. it's one of the shortest JRPGs I ever played the main story clocks in at 23½ Hours long )

3 Final Fantasy VII

4 Final Fantasy IX

5 Star Ocean 2

6 Breath of Fire 3

7 Lunar the Silver Star Story Sega CD ( yes a played the Playstation version but I pretty much prefer the original version. )

8 Wild Arms

9 Witcher 3

10 Xenogears

honorable mention goes to Dragon Force Sega Saturn . When it came out it was one of a kind. There wasn't Rpg that play like it. This is what made Dragon Force special to me it's uquiness.

Last edited:

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Def in my top 10 RPGs.

In fact it probably makes it into my top 10 games of all time:
Tekken 2
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City
KH2
KH1
KHBBS
Gran Turismo 2
Pokemon (any)
FFXV
FFXII Revenant Wings
Note, this list is based purely on nostalgia/how I felt while playing the game. Not neccesarily on the quality of the games. (aka, plz dnt judge :p)

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
Here's my list, now that the game has been released. Before release just move everything up one from Pokemon and add TW2 on the end.

1. Kingdom Hearts 1
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
3. FFXV
4. Pokemon (Any and All, Sapphire and it's remake go above the others)
5. Fable 2
6. Fable 3
7. Child of Light (Such a good little game)
8. Dues Ex: Human Revolution
9. FFXII
10. TW3

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
I'm still in chapter 3, doing side quests and whatnot. But so far, I can say it's one of the best, most fun, most enjoyable games I've played in recent years.

So there's a lot of chances that the game will make it to my top 5. Heck, it might have a chance to get to my top 3 favorite Final Fantasy games!

It's that good so far!

Last edited:

Zero

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
1. FFVII
2. Xenogears
3. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
4. FFVIII
5. Shenmue
6. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
7. Tales of Vesperia
8. FFIX
9. Chrono Trigger
10. Kingdom Hearts 1

I wanted to put Ys on the list, but there are so many Ys games that I love I just didn't know where to fit them in. And for the record, I really have a hard time deciding whether or not Xenogears or FFVII is my favorite RPG of all time. I definitely think that had Xenogears funding not got shifted near the end of production and thus making that last quarter or so of the game less polished, it would be my #1 without a doubt.

As for FFXV, well, it remains to be seen. Even after I finish the game it may take some time for me to fully appreciate how much I enjoyed it. As someone who has been gaming for a really long time, that seems to be how it usually happens.

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
As for FFXV, well, it remains to be seen. Even after I finish the game it may take some time for me to fully appreciate how much I enjoyed it. As someone who has been gaming for a really long time, that seems to be how it usually happens.
I don't see how you having been gaming for a "really long time" should be a factor here.

I've been playing videogames since 1984, started on the Coleco and Atari, and I've been playing the FF series since 1990 with the original on the NES, and I don't see why this should be brought up to explain how much I enjoy games these days. Other than to brag about how much of gaming history I've experienced, and how much it makes me a "veteran", I don't see what this kind of statements achieves... :/

Zero

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
I don't see how you having been gaming for a "really long time" should be a factor here.

I've been playing videogames since 1984, started on the Coleco and Atari, and I've been playing the FF series since 1990 with the original on the NES, and I don't see why this should be brought up to explain how much I enjoy games these days. Other than to brag about how much of gaming history I've experienced, and how much it makes me a "veteran", I don't see what this kind of statements achieves... :/
lol

Anyway, I'll attempt to make myself more clear. Traditionally, I haven't always realized that a game is one of my favorites of all time right after I finish it. For me, it's usually not until years later that I see how much of an impact it had on me. If I just started gaming a year ago, I wouldn't have that kind of insight, which is why I mentioned that I've been gaming for a long time... because it's something that I've learned about how I personally look at games over the years. Through each generation that I've played games, it's always been one or two ahead that I've been able to say what some of my favorite games were as opposed to doing so while in the midst of it. I guess for me it's a what stands the test of time type of thing... something like that. When I first finished FFVII and Xenogears, sure I knew I loved the games but I had no clue that I be here years later saying that they're still kinda tied as my favorite RPGs ever. Basically what I was saying was, even if I absolutely love FFXV, speaking from experience, it's going to be quite a while from now before I realize that I actually like it better than any other favorites from my top ten.

And how long one has been gaming doesn't mean anything in my opinion. So I wasn't trying to brad, bragging isn't my style. Besides, you could have been gaming since gaming was a thing and still have played less games that someone who started last gen. It's about experiences, not time.

Last edited:

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
Oh, you're one those petty argument types. Everyone's favorite type of person, lmao.
I questioned your reasoning and wording. You, on the other hand, went straight to personal insults.

So, yeah, you're one to talk. -__-

Zero

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
I questioned your reasoning and wording. You, on the other hand, went straight to personal insults.

So, yeah, you're one to talk. -__-
You're right about the insult, but for what it's worth, I did edit it before you posted your reply. I do find people who want to pick apart posts for petty arguments pretty annoying, but I decided to take the high road and edit out my sarcasm.

And you didn't question anything, you only made statements. I just don't see why that one little part of my post deserved any discussion. I think you're just being touchy/petty.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Well I complete the game and I can securely say that no, FFXV does not make it into my top 10.

But it's still an amazing game(with too many flaws)that has alot of heart and humanity.

It has one of my favourite endings ever that's for sure!

Fireryu

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 24, 2016
FFXV is now officially in my Top Rpgs.
in no particular order

1 Final Fantasy VI

2 Phantasy Star IV

3 Final Fantasy XV

4 Final Fantasy VII

5 Final Fantasy IX

6 Star Ocean 2

7 Lunar the Silver Star Story Sega CD

8 Wild Arms

9 Witcher 3

10 Xenogears.

it's enjoyable gameplay has allow it to make into my top games list alongside the likes of Rayman legends

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
  1. X
  2. VIII
  3. KH 1
  4. VI
  5. IX
  6. VII
  7. XII
  8. XIII
  9. KH 2
  10. IV
If we consider Soulsbourne games as well, Bloodborne would be my number 4, while DS 1 and DS 3 would respectively take the last two spots in my top 10 (bumping XIII, KH 3 and IV off my list).

I enjoyed XV as is, but it's one of my biggest disappointments when looked at as a FF game. It has a place in my top 15 though (quite fitting).
So glad that The Last Guardian at least far surpassed my expectations. TLG is definitely my GOTY if not of the past few years.

Fireryu

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 24, 2016
my top 15 Rpgs goes like this in no order

1 Final Fantasy VI

2 Phantasy Star IV

3 Final Fantasy XV

4 Final Fantasy VII

5 Final Fantasy IX

6 Star Ocean 2

7 Lunar the Silver Star Story Sega CD

8 Wild Arms

9 Witcher 3

10 Xenogears.

11 Wild Arms 2

12 Wild Arms 3

13 Wild Arms 4 ( yeah I'm a Wild Arms Fan )

14 Breath of Fire III

15 odin sphere Leifthrasir