Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1) Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Earthbound Beginnings, Mother 1 on the NES, was just announced today at Nintendo World Championship and will be released today on Wii U Virtual Console.

If you ask me, this increases the chances of Mother 3 being officially localized. :D

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Huh, interesting. Maybe this means that "Give us Mother 3!" joke they pulled on last year's E3 may not end up being a joke after all.

May 26, 2014
So this is before Earthbound for SNES technically?
This is Mother 1, the first Mother game which was never officially released outside of Japan. Nintendo localized it way back when but never released it. The leaked localized version has been playable on emulators for years but this is the first time it's being officially released in English.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Currently playing Mother 2 (Earthbound) and thoroughly enjoying it. Way back when I first played the game (still can't believe I didn't pickup and actual copy back then when I see them EVERYWHERE... *sigh*) my English wasn't that good and I had a tough time getting the humour and the wits. Now as a fully grown up man, I am loving the game.

Talking about the Mother series, I'm also looking forward to this fan making of Mother 4!
http://www.mother4game.com/

Sep 26, 2013
I beat the game several weeks ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I figured that it being an old NES game would get the best of me as it would feel outdated but it was clearly ahead of its time.