- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Hahaha, we still need assurances and confirmations that it will even appear, here in 2014. Because sadly, nothing is given when it comes to FFXV, given its legacy of elusiveness thus far.

Devil's advocate for a moment, I am at a loss as to why they wouldn't show FFXV at E3. Kingdom Hearts 3 I can understand, but FFXV must surely be far enough in development that they can put out some kind of showing for it. Unless FFXV's release window is still an eon away, in which case I hope the company's stock takes a good battering from any no-show.

It surely has to show up at this point. If not, well, I can arrest enough crushing disappointment if they can make up for it with that Triad Wars sequel for Sleeping Dogs and a proper new Deus Ex entry.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Hahaha, we still need assurances and confirmations that it will even appear, here in 2014. Because sadly, nothing is given when it comes to FFXV, given its legacy of elusiveness thus far.

Devil's advocate for a moment, I am at a loss as to why they wouldn't show FFXV at E3. Kingdom Hearts 3 I can understand, but FFXV must surely be far enough in development that they can put out some kind of showing for it. Unless FFXV's release window is still an eon away, in which case I hope the company's stock takes a good battering from any no-show.

It surely has to show up at this point. If not, well, I can arrest enough crushing disappointment if they can make up for it with that Triad Wars sequel for Sleeping Dogs and a proper new Deus Ex entry.
It probably has to do something with development. I don't think it's that far to begin with. There must be problems.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It probably has to do something with development. I don't think it's that far to begin with. There must be problems.
Considering what they've said in the past about it being quite far in development, I don't think you're correct here.

Honestly, unless I get a solid confirmation about the game being at E3, I'm not going to look at it either way. We still have several months left to go before E3, and there's really no reason to speculate about the game until then.

On this note, I noticed a few sites, notably DualShockers, that reported a user on NeoGAF reporting that if Square Enix were to show Final Fantasy XV and or Kingdom Hearts III at E3 it would be a "tight fit". To this, I have to say... who are you? Time and time again you see people from NeoGAF pulling things out of their ass to be frank with you. There have been many users who have gotten outright banned after being caught making things up on the site. Personally, I never bother taking anything NeoGAF says as any solid information. Any speculation or "information" about anything I see on there has the potential to be true... but it just as equally is wrong as well.

Sep 26, 2013
The lesson there is to take speculation with a grain of salt and never trust anything without some sort of leak and verification. People will voice their opinions as though they are fact. This does not just apply to GAF, but to every site out there. I find GAF to be a great source of information, and any piece of news will often hit there before anywhere else.

Is that Verendus chap still kicking around on GAF? Wondering how his insider nugget of both a FFVII remake and FFXVI either in production now/in the process of pre-production is still holding up.

The thought of FFXV possibly being a "tight fit" amuses me, really. I mean, it's not as if it's a widely anticipated, long hyped-up, next-generation Final Fantasy game or anything. No, no, no, bury that under the more important things that people will really go for like a 20 minute demonstration of the next Assassin's Creed game so thorough that Ubisoft essentially colonises everyone's show conference.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Is that Verendus chap still kicking around on GAF? Wondering how his insider nugget of both a FFVII remake and FFXVI either in production now/in the process of pre-production is still holding up.

The thought of FFXV possibly being a "tight fit" amuses me, really. I mean, it's not as if it's a widely anticipated, long hyped-up, next-generation Final Fantasy game or anything. No, no, no, bury that under the more important things that people will really go for like a 20 minute demonstration of the next Assassin's Creed game so thorough that Ubisoft essentially colonises everyone's show conference.
Well, what can you expect from NeoGAF honestly? Most of the people there seem to just make things up for attention and to feel like they have an important position in the gaming industry with "insider information". Granted, some people might be legitimate, but the number of people that are just plain wrong severely outweighs them.

I hate when I see news sources citing posts on NeoGAF as proof of something. Honestly, like I've said before, Square Enix will be in a lot of trouble if they don't show off the game at E3 in my opinion. It's been an entire year without any substantial information, and after they said they weren't going to hide anything anymore, and the progress of the game, and with the possibility of a 2015 release date, it just wouldn't make sense for the game not to make any sort of appearance at E3.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Honestly, like I've said before, Square Enix will be in a lot of trouble if they don't show off the game at E3 in my opinion. It's been an entire year without any substantial information, and after they said they weren't going to hide anything anymore, and the progress of the game, and with the possibility of a 2015 release date, it just wouldn't make sense for the game not to make any sort of appearance at E3.
People have been saying this every year at all the major gaming conventions.

Nothing will change if they don't show it at E3 this year. The damage has already been done.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well, what can you expect from NeoGAF honestly? Most of the people there seem to just make things up for attention and to feel like they have an important position in the gaming industry with "insider information". Granted, some people might be legitimate, but the number of people that are just plain wrong severely outweighs them.

I hate when I see news sources citing posts on NeoGAF as proof of something. Honestly, like I've said before, Square Enix will be in a lot of trouble if they don't show off the game at E3 in my opinion. It's been an entire year without any substantial information, and after they said they weren't going to hide anything anymore, and the progress of the game, and with the possibility of a 2015 release date, it just wouldn't make sense for the game not to make any sort of appearance at E3.
There is nothing that hints at a 2015 release with the exception of that VA argument I've seen, but nothing stops them from releasing the game in 2016.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Ah, this is somewhat dissapointed. I know when it applied to VersusXIII we shouldn't have expected anything but didn't Square actually say they would be giving more information after the rebrand to XV??? Honest question. Sadly I can't recall if it was said or not...

I'm really not a fan of this real fashion company stuff. :(
Yes I agree, though it's probably not because it's real fashion. It's just that the cast outfits look so, so... similar. I mean they all have on black. Black vests and jackets over black shirts with black pants, and black shoes. At least in their placeholder clothes Ignis and Prompto had white insert shirts and while Noctis still wore all black the longer jacket he wore made it at least look like something a bit different. And this is coming from someone who loves black clothing. But, oh me, oh my! look at me going on a rant about clothes. Sorry. ^^;; :)

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
People have been saying this every year at all the major gaming conventions.

Nothing will change if they don't show it at E3 this year. The damage has already been done.
That's what they did BEFORE they rebranded Versus XIII in to XV. Since then FFXV has had some form of appearance, just not in what the fans want, at various gaming events. So, I really don't know what you're talking about. It's only been last year since they announced the rebranding, this is the following E3, there hasn't been room for them to not show it.

Plus, I already said, the reason it matters now is because they straight out said they wouldn't be keeping fans in the dark anymore like before. It wouldn't make any sense for the game not to be shown at E3. As for the release date, Square Enix marketing team would kill to have the game be released in 20XV, you know, the same people that fought for the PS4 release of FFXIV to be released on (PS)4/XIV/20XIV. And what do you mean damage? Damage to what? The game was completely rebranded and shoved into all the faces of those who called it vaporware... again... it hasn't even been a year since the rebranding, and this is the following E3, and you're saying it's hurting somehow?

There is nothing that hints at a 2015 release with the exception of that VA argument I've seen, but nothing stops them from releasing the game in 2016.
With the news of the game being "quite far" into development, and where it was since last year, and the amount of time the game has been worked on since the rebranding and shift to PS4, having it come out in 2016 is ridiculous. We're not even really a quarter way through 2014, why would you look at 2016 as something that is somehow more reasonable?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Plus, I already said, the reason it matters now is because they straight out said they wouldn't be keeping fans in the dark anymore like before.
Gee, it's not like they didn't fulfill that promise, right? If we only have their word to rely onto (and it seems we can't fully trust that either), then forgive me if I'm not confident in a 2015 release date.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Gee, it's not like they didn't fulfill that promise, right? If we only have their word to rely onto (and it seems we can't fully trust that either), then forgive me if I'm not confident in a 2015 release date.
Why couldn't we trust them? I don't get where this is coming from...

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
That's what they did BEFORE they rebranded Versus XIII in to XV. Since then FFXV has had some form of appearance, just not in what the fans want, at various gaming events. So, I really don't know what you're talking about. It's only been last year since they announced the rebranding, this is the following E3, there hasn't been room for them to not show it.
Fans want a showing of fresh material, not a showing of old stuff they've already seen before. If you're not going to show anything new, then it's going to be treated as a no show.

The FFXV TGS 2013 showing is not much different then Versus XIII not showing up at a gaming convention. The fan reaction was the same.

Plus, I already said, the reason it matters now is because they straight out said they wouldn't be keeping fans in the dark anymore like before.
And who really believes this? :rolleyes:

And what do you mean damage? Damage to what? The game was completely rebranded and shoved into all the faces of those who called it vaporware... again... it hasn't even been a year since the rebranding, and this is the following E3, and you're saying it's hurting somehow?
If the game doesn’t show up at E3, the reaction will be like it has always been to the people who have been waiting for this game since E3 2006. The damage has already been done. It can’t get any worse. It's just going to be the same damn thing.

Those who have been waiting since the Versus days don't care if it has been rebranded. It's not going to change the fact that they've been waiting almost 8 years now for this game. It's not a new beginning. Nothing has changed just because it's a numbered title now. Last I checked, Versus and FFXV are still the same thing.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Fans want a showing of fresh material, not a showing of old stuff they've already seen before. If you're not going to show anything new, then it's going to be treated as a no show.

The FFXV TGS 2013 showing is not much different then Versus XIII not showing up at a gaming convention. The fan reaction was the same.
Yes, I agree with this, but why wouldn't they show anything new? It's been an entire year (or will be by E3 time), why WOULDN'T they have anything new to show? Yes, the fan reaction WOULD be the same, but that's implying they wouldn't have anything to show... I don't get why this is your default response to this, as if it's the only option. I'll say it again, it will have been an entire year by that point... they definitely have things to show.

And who really believes this? :rolleyes:
Well, considering the amount of small bits of information we've gotten about the game, I certainly do. Why wouldn't I believe them, am I supposed to have it out for Square Enix or something?

If the game doesn’t show up at E3, the reaction will be like it has always been to the people who have been waiting for this game since E3 2006. The damage has already been done. It can’t get any worse. It's just going to be the same damn thing.

Those who have been waiting since the Versus days don't care if it has been rebranded. It's not going to change the fact that they've been waiting almost 8 years now for this game. It's not a new beginning. Nothing has changed just because it's a numbered title now. Last I checked, Versus and FFXV are still the same thing.
If the game doesn't show up at E3, the reaction will be fans wondering where the game is, considering the progress was stated to be "quite far into development", I'll quote the Nova Crystallis article for this one:
Instead Hashimoto offered up a bit of an explanation, saying he realizes fans have been waiting a long time, and the development team is working hard to meet what now must be astronomical expectations for a game nearing 10 years in the making. While he stressed that they would like to publish new information “soon,” in truth no timeline was given and instead fans must continue to “wait a little longer."
Again, I don't know what you mean by damage... you still haven't clarified what you mean by damage... Damage to the brand? Damage to Square Enix? Damage to the game?

To the fans of Versus XIII, XV WAS a bit of something new, it was the rebirth of the game they hadn't heard from in a long time; it was the moment they were waiting for to further instil hope in the game they've been patiently waiting for on the next generation consoles. Nothing has changed drastically, sure... but what meaning does this have? I don't really understand the purpose of this paragraph, and what you were trying to say with it.

My point is, fans will be disappointed if it's not at E3 this year, you say that it's more of the same we've seen... but you're forgetting that we were explained WHY we didn't hear anything about the game already... and that all of those things behind us now, we won't have the same thing happen again. If Square Enix does the same thing again, they won't have an excuse to fall back on. That is what I've been trying to say this whole time. Before there was no reason or excuse, just no information... it was explained why there was a blackout of information, and now we should expect to see information... and so if we don't, then we can't trust Square Enix's word.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Leon, you are ignoring certain aspects. First of all, you really believe Square didn't left us with blackouts of information? We haven't had any real info since last year's E3, and no, those new 9 seconds we got for TGS weren't anything substantial to count them. Also, don't you think there could be problems with the development of the game, and that's what's keeping them from releasing new info? You seem to place that "quite far into development" statement really seriously. I mean, how much is "far" for them? If it's the same as the "soon" statement we got for years regarding when the game would show next, then I don't think it would be completely good.

And Squirrel is right, if the game is a no show at E3 this year, the reaction will be the same for all of us who've long been waiting for the game. You forget we are prepared for disappointment when it comes to this game.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
A no show would only surprise the blind fanboys who continue to be optimistic about the game showing up at every event, expecting some sort of media blowout. It has happened a lot and they never learn anything from it.

Everyone else expects nothing because of the company’s failure of properly handling how information is shared to the public and how long it has been going on for. They’ve damaged that fan trust. A no show would not be surprising to this group of people.

The lack of information on this game since E3 2013 suggests that nothing has changed either. You don’t tell the press and fans that the long hiatus has come to an end only to show nothing almost a year later. Square Enix has learned nothing.

They don’t have an excuse. They haven’t had one from the fans who have been waiting almost eight years for a while now.

The explanation behind the long hiatus doesn't really mean much as it ultimately doesn't give fans what they want. New trailers. New Screenshots. New artwork. New information on the story, characters, battle and gameplay systems, locations...

And a fucking release date.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I completely disagree with you, when are they supposed to show new things for the game if not E3? That's the only opportunity they have to show anything new, what do you expect from them? They've already said that they need to meet fan expectation, it would be ridiculous to expect new information at every small event.

They haven't failed anything... there hasn't been any event for them to not share information about... again, E3 is the first event that makes sense for them to show it at, but for some reason, you are acting like they've had all these opportunities, when in reality, there hasn't been any, the only one was TGS, and that was a few months later, and I wouldn't expect anything new.

They did have an excuse... they mentioned clearly why the ban on information about the game back at E3, talking about how sensitive it was within the company.

Again... for the last time, we will get all this information in good time, and I would expect to see it at E3, the BIG EVENT SINCE THE SHOWING OF XV LAST YEAR. Why would we have seen any information since then? What's the point of E3 if companies just show everything whenever they felt like it.

I really don't understand your position on any of this, it honestly confuses me. Regardless, this isn't really the place for this discussion in my opinion, so I think I'll end it here.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
It still was odd of them to have such a paltry showing at TGS last year though. Square-Enix usually has a dominant presence there.