- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
You know what? I've decided.

Given the conflation of reports and outside allusions to the state of the game's development, we'd all be pretty lucky if FF XV is released in 2015.

I've said this in other threads: from everything that's been said, it seems as though what is now FF XV began development in mid-2012, right around the same time as Type-0 HD. Kitase said in September 2011: "for Type-0 and Versus XIII, we're giving 100% to development." In spite of this, it's impossible to know exactly when the game was moved to DirectX 11.

I read between the lines of most recent developments. The SCEJA conference a few days ago wasn't for nothing: it gave us a wonderful idea of what's to come for the PS4 in Japan. As Tabata said of Type-0 HD, one of their ulterior motives in making it is to grow Japan's PS4 (and to a minuscule, negligible extent, XBone) install base. The co-director of XV making statements like that, is indicative of their business aspirations.

Though that will hardly be effective in working towards that goal (Japan has already played Type-0!), it's a small part of this larger initiative to push the PS4 in the land of the rising sun. Chances are, most of the games announced and covered on the 1st of this month won't be launching until mid-late next year. It's been confirmed that there will be more of these games at TGS. I believe this all falls perfectly into line with XV's release plans.

Kitase's "quite far into development" blurb this past February shouldn't be taken lightly, but shouldn't be received with utmost reverence. For an HD, multi-million dollar game comparable in scale to what FF VII was for its time, it takes a hell of a long time to make. Even when it's tieing up a ton of SE's employees. They've clearly ordered their product development teams efficiently, and have even relegated KH III entirely to Yasue's hands in Osaka, but it will be quite some time before any of us will be playing FF XV.

I still believe that it will be coming to Tokyo in 2 weeks. Maybe, just maybe, if we're lucky, they'll release more concrete information on the state of the game's development.

The best we can hope for is that they get it out in time for Christmas 2015, over there. I'm betting it's not going to be released outside of Japan until 2016. Hey, there's always a prospective global release to look foward to! FF has never done that, though, and I don't think XV would be the game to inaugurate such a tradition.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I'm expecting a global release, but Christmas 2015 seems like it's a bit far off in my opinion, I'm thinking closer to sometime after March.
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a stop gap for Final Fantasy XV and that will release first and in less then a year.

I think December 2015 for Japan and 2016 for the west sounds about right unless there is another major fuck up.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
If this game were to show up @ TGS this year, what would you all like to see more of? Personally, I'd love to learn more about the plot and hear additional tracks from the game. All of the previous XV trailers have been accompanied by beautiful music. If anything, the game has succeeded in that regard thus far.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
If this game were to show up @ TGS this year, what would you all like to see more of? Personally, I'd love to learn more about the plot and hear additional tracks from the game. All of the previous XV trailers have been accompanied by beautiful music. If anything, the game has succeeded in that regard thus far.
New music. After all these years, I don't want to hear again Somnus and Omnis Lacrima.
True in-game footage.
A live demo.
I would say English VA, but then again, this is TGS.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Global release for XV will be tricky considering that Square has to focus one either a western release of Japanese release of the game. Meaning whichever they are going pick, there will be a delay after because of translating everything in the game from English to Japanese OR the other way round.
Late 2015 for Japan market (seeing thats how it usually goes for FF releases) and 2016 for West market.

I would definitely would like to hear the music as well. Basically, I expect a HUGE update of XV from them and nothing less. Ill expect new music, new footages and new screenshots.

Heck, if XV were to be at TGS, it could be the start of Square to finally advertise the game
in preparation of it's release (should they ever announce it's release date/window of course)

Someone at Square (May have been Tabata?) said that they'd like to do a global release. Which could be a reason why it is taking so long to come out. I mean him saying that, the rumours of English voice actors (Albeit unverified) could mean just that.

Them making both japan and us wait this long for a game then they do a release separately making us wait longer. Would be uncool. We've been waiting this long already why not tack on a few months and prep it for a worldwide release.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a stop gap for Final Fantasy XV and that will release first and in less then a year.

I think December 2015 for Japan and 2016 for the west sounds about right unless there is another major fuck up.
Why so far away... :( I will still wishfully hope for a worldwide release sometime after March 2015. :cool:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
New music. After all these years, I don't want to hear again Somnus and Omnis Lacrima.
True in-game footage.
A live demo.
I would say English VA, but then again, this is TGS.
Yes, I was glad to hear a new track in the e3 2013 trailer! What ever they do I hope they stop reusing previously heard music. Or least not Somnus Or Omnis Lacrima, which are very awesome tracks! But yea time to start moving on! ^^;;

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I'd like to see a bit more in-depth presentation of combat (magic system, summons, etc) and gameplay in general. A bit more story would be nice and I'd be disappointed if they used the old tracks.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
To be honest I mainly want more info on the story. Like an example of how dark it will or could go. I love dark stories, even more so in my jrpgs.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
First of all, sorry for the long post. But there is something I wanted to discuss. It's about the game's exploration. I know it has been said the game won't be truly open world, but it certainly isn't going to be filled with hallways like XIII. So, to what extent do you think will we be able to explore certain areas? I'm going to post some examples, and show areas from last year's E3 trailers. I excluded CG cutscenes (inb4 everything from those trailers as CG).

During the gameplay trailer, Noctis is seen flying fighting well above the ground in front of a tall building, and we can see the scenery that surrounds the area. It seems mostly empty, but has some cars moving around. Maybe we can go and explore over there?

However, when Noctis is fighting on the ground in the same area, we can see the Military/Police has blocked the entrance. While a person could obviously go between those cars to get out of there, this is a video game, and so, maybe this acts as the "invisible wall" preventing you to leave the area? If so, that's disappointing.
While Noctis is fighting above, we can catch a glimpse of the rest of the city, however briefly. Here is where I think the "not a fully open world" plays its role, as I don't think that entire city, which looks huge, can be explored; much less when there is the rest of the world to see and not only the city, unlike a GTA game for example.

Here you can see the lovely city of Accordo. A map is shown, maybe to disperse doubts about your ability to explore the city. There is a map of the city, so surely you'll be able to move around, right? At least before shit goes down and the city gets blown by Leviathan.
Here, we can see that we can indeed go down the city and move through its streets. But what if it's only during that section? What if the map is just for decoration and you can't actually explore the city? What if that's the only halfway you can go trough because Noctis is chasing Leviathan and it's all part of one big sequence?

Again, sorry for the long post. I know a lot of these things can change during development. Maybe those cities and areas won't be featured in the final game at all. This is speculation. But I want to see your opinions. Maybe you missed a thing or two, and since this is a "Everything we know about the game" thread, the more you discover about the game the better.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I've always been under the impression that you would be able to explore large areas in the game, it just wouldn't be completely open. I don't have a long message in return, just that I think you'll be able to explore Lucis Kingdom and the city below, just not to the point where you phase out to the world map. Same with Acordo as well... what is the point of having that BIG map if you can't explore any of it?

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 5, 2014
I've always been under the impression that you would be able to explore large areas in the game, it just wouldn't be completely open. I don't have a long message in return, just that I think you'll be able to explore Lucis Kingdom and the city below, just not to the point where you phase out to the world map. Same with Acordo as well... what is the point of having that BIG map if you can't explore any of it?
Those cars aren't actually moving. The entire area was very barebones.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
"Everything we know about FFXV"
FFXv will not be appearing on TGS 2014

imo I still, can't understand square enix! why are they not show us FFXV? what if they keep us waiting more 1 year then the game finally release and the game is just gonna be a big failure?story,graphics etc...? and in the end fans gonna say: WE WAITED for THIS!?