- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
imo I still, can't understand square enix! why are they not show us FFXV? what if they keep us waiting more 1 year then the game finally release and the game is just gonna be a big failure?story,graphics etc...? and in the end fans gonna say: WE WAITED for THIS!?
It very well could be a failure!

Which is why it would be wise to lower your expectations. There is no good reason to have high expectations and expect this to be the second coming of Christ when we've been waiting for over 8 years now.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I hope they NEVER get a real fashion designer to do the clothing again! Or at least not the one they have now. Geez, I'm just now noticing that the whole cast is wearing jackets/vests over shirts. Except Gladiolus who don't have a shirt underneath. Their outfits all look to similar, they all even have red underneath their shoes. Perhaps they are in uniform..

I remember it was said that Stella's dress at the meeting scene was black too from the original fashion design, but Square Enix changed it white to have better contrast with Noctis suit. Thank goodness!! It's like this fashion company is unaware that other colors do exist. Haha!!

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
From get go, the core theme has always been "fantasy based on reality." So the character designs make perfect sense in context.

Much like our own modern world there are cultural norms that most people follow, with one of those norms being fashion and or style. Keep in mind that Noctis and his crew have known each other since childhood and they all have been raised in the kingdom of Lucius. Considering the theme and the close relationship between them, similar taste in dress seems more than likely. In addition to that, there is also the darker visual mood Nomura is striving for.

May 26, 2014
Looking that that artwork gives me a West Side Story vibe. I think they're about to have a dance off with Nibelheim!
Well Nomura did want XV to be a musical at one point...

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'd actually love if this game were a musical. Like, with the gameplay/etc. still intact but with all the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes having big song/dance numbers and whatnot.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I hope they NEVER get a real fashion designer to do the clothing again! Or at least not the one they have now. Geez, I'm just now noticing that the whole cast is wearing jackets/vests over shirts. Except Gladiolus who don't have a shirt underneath. Their outfits all look to similar, they all even have red underneath their shoes. Perhaps they are in uniform..
What's wrong with Roen? I love these designs. Yeah, the outfits are similar... but isn't that the point of having a designer work on multiple outfits...? Yeah, the red under their shoes, ever heard of Louboutin? Pretty iconic brand known for having the red soles on shoes/high heels.

You must not be into high fashion. :cool:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
From get go, the core theme has always been "fantasy based on reality." So the character designs make perfect sense in context.

Much like our own modern world there are cultural norms that most people follow, with one of those norms being fashion and or style. Keep in mind that Noctis and his crew have known each other since childhood and they all have been raised in the kingdom of Lucius. Considering the theme and the close relationship between them, similar taste in dress seems more than likely. In addition to that, there is also the darker visual mood Nomura is striving for.
I wonder if everyone in Lucis wears black. I like the Uniform feeling more, if they are in uniform then that's fine to me.

What's wrong with Roen? I love these designs. Yeah, the outfits are similar... but isn't that the point of having a designer work on multiple outfits...? Yeah, the red under their shoes, ever heard of Louboutin? Pretty iconic brand known for having the red soles on shoes/high heels.

You must not be into high fashion. :cool:
Most likely isn't into 'high' fashion, but thank goodness I'm not if I'm going to look that boring everday. :p

Honestly I love my black clothing but the theme seems so overused here....

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Most likely isn't into 'high' fashion, but thank goodness I'm not if I'm going to look that boring everday. :p

Honestly I love my black clothing but the theme seems so overused here....
I wouldn't call it boring, they have intricate designs on you can't see! Yes, the black clothing thing has to do with the mafia inspired design.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'd actually love if this game were a musical. Like, with the gameplay/etc. still intact but with all the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes having big song/dance numbers and whatnot.
Final Fantasy: The Last Dance

Has a nice ring to it! :)

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I'm also most interested in exploration and man, watching that city and map last year was a blast.

I've been dying to see more about the world map, but specially about the cities and towns. It's something I miss so much, exploring the landmarks, entering people's houses and castles, talking with villagers and doing sidequests or just enjoying their conversations and the lore.

Accordo is HUGE, and I'm really intrigued as to how much of it we'll be able to explore, I cannot imagine. About Lucis, I guess the castle (they confirmed it when it was Versus) and some sorroundings (like those streets in the 2011 trailer), but given how massive it is and (supposedly, sure) that it's going to be invaded (and Noctis' gang is on the run), I don't think it'll be very significant, and that's actually alright.

BTW, wasn't there going to be a city based on Manchester? That'd be weird, I don't think it's a very remarkable city (and isn't Lucis the only modern city? maybe they're going with an older Manchester).

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, that might be it, I didn't know it was confirmed what city that would be.

I hope the world is fleshed out and, specially, have a right scale. Having four/cities in the entire world might have been alright before, but now I wouldn't want that, would feel too ridiculous and silly. The XII's Ivalice aproach (but more open and seamless, sure) is what I want, a world that feels big even if we don't necessary travel to all of its locations. That's why I'm hoping we see exploration soon, specially airships and cars, to know how many continents/islands/whatever will be accesible.

And I just realized a random unrelated thought: the fact that we haven't even seen moogles or chocobos yet is so, so depressing and telling lol.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
This may be a bit random, but when the game was titled VersusXIII it was said that many of the games scenes were switched from pre-rendered to real-time. As a result of that the Noctis and Stella meeting scene was real-time now and a clip was shown in a new trailer, Just that one new clip didn't feel right, the way Stella hair gracefully flew as she turned to see Noctis was flat and dull as was her movements. If switching to real-time did that to hair I'm afraid how dull it might make scenes that would have looked pretty awesome.

Has it been said in any interview that the scenes are going back to pre-rendered since the game has been re-branded?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
This may be a bit random, but when the game was titled VersusXIII it was said that many of the games scenes were switched from pre-rendered to real-time. As a result of that the Noctis and Stella meeting scene was real-time now and a clip was shown in a new trailer, Just that one new clip didn't feel right, the way Stella hair gracefully flew as she turned to see Noctis was flat and dull as was her movements. If switching to real-time did that to hair I'm afraid how dull it might make scenes that would have looked pretty awesome.

Has it been said in any interview that the scenes are going back to pre-rendered since the game has been re-branded?
No, they have not. That 7:3 cutscenes/fmv ratio may have changed for all we know.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013

Even though the game didn't go down that route, I'm positive the music will still be integral to the experience. Nomura likely hand picked Yoko Shimomura for that every reason.