- Everything we know about FFXV -

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Im the only one who think bhunivelze is coming back in ff15? even in lightning return they said they dont know if bhunivelze is die or just sleep in crystal form.
in ff15 omnis lacrima lyrics:"Our master has succumbed to endless sleep".

If i recall good Square Enix already stated ff15 world is connect to lightning return world.
SE has actually stated exactly the opposite. The FNC games are not directly connected, they simply share the same base mythology as the other titles. This means that, yes, it's possible for Bhunivelze to make an appearance in XV. However, if he does, it will not be the same Bhunivelze, and the nature of the gods and their role in the story is probably quite different than it was in XIII and its sequels.

Hmm actually from what I understand, the confusion comes because back when XIII was still in development, Square said the three Fabula Nova Crystallis games would be XIII, Agito XIII and Versus XIII. Two of them ended up being Type-0 and XV which have nothing to do with Lightning's first game and then XIII-2 and LR happened.

Sep 26, 2013
Hmm actually from what I understand, the confusion comes because back when XIII was still in development, Square said the three Fabula Nova Crystallis games would be XIII, Agito XIII and Versus XIII. Two of them ended up being Type-0 and XV which have nothing to do with Lightning's first game and then XIII-2 and LR happened.
They never really did a good job explaining it.

At the very beginning, there was an image showing us six circles. Each circle represented a FNC game. Initially, we were supposed to get six FNC games. Right now we have 5.

At first, it was three different “Final Fantasy XIII” games that would use the FNC mythos as the groundwork.

"Final Fantasy XIII" was Toriyama’s interpretation of what a Final Fantasy XIII game would be like using the FNC mythos.

"Final Fantasy Versus XIII" was Nomura’s interpretation of what a Final Fantasy XIII game would be like using the FNC mythos.

"Final Fantasy Agito XIII" was Tabata’s interpretation of what a Final Fantasy XIII game would be like using the FNC mythos.

Each director can use the FNC mythos however they want to. You might discover some similarities, but they're not part of the same universe.

Initially, the compilation was called, “Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII.”

When Final Fantasy Agito XIII name changed to Final Fantasy Type-0, they also dropped the Roman numeral in the compilation title. Now it’s called, “Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy" and still is to this day.

From that point on, the concept of three different “Final Fantasy XIII” games was no more. It was just simply three games part of a compilation.

During development, Final Fantasy Type-0 started to go in a different direction. Chinese mythology started to became a heavy focus. The FNC mythos, while still important, was not a heavy focus anymore.

As for Final Fantasy XV… Should be self-explanatory really. For the past 8 years, the game was always treated as a numbered title. Never made sense to associate the game with the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy either. The discussion to change Final Fantasy Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV started 1 to 2 years after the E3 2006 announcement and it became official after Final Fantasy Agito XIII became Final Fantasy Type-0 in 2011.

What's funny is that we’ll most likely get that sixth FNC game too as Final Fantasy XV will probably end up getting a sequel. If I'm not mistaken, the FNC compilation was suppose to be a 10 year plan. Looks like they're on track.

Last edited:

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
I say lets see what happening when the game is release, but i bet square changed multiple times the story and maybe they didnt stated (maybe because they fear fans gonna rage or something like that) but i bet its connecting to LR world somehow. Im not saying lightning and the others will be in this world too just the "world" what lightning created.But maybe im wrong and its a different world with same gods, and their role is different hey its just a thoughts.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I say lets see what happening when the game is release, but i bet square changed multiple times the story and maybe they didnt stated (maybe because they fear fans gonna rage or something like that) but i bet its connecting to LR world somehow. Im not saying lightning and the others will be in this world too just the "world" what lightning created.But maybe im wrong and its a different world with same gods, and their role is different hey its just a thoughts.
No.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I'd love to know what the original plan was. Based on the size of the circles alone on that image, it indicates a sort of 'level of importance'. At that, it looks like another console game, a handheld game, perhaps, and a mobile game. I'd love for Square Enix to talk openly about how plans changed and what the original six conceived for FNC were... but I doubt we'll ever know, sadly.

I think it's patently obvious in the FF13 sequels they weren't planned or intended.

Sep 26, 2013
I'd love to know what the original plan was. Based on the size of the circles alone on that image, it indicates a sort of 'level of importance'. At that, it looks like another console game, a handheld game, perhaps, and a mobile game. I'd love for Square Enix to talk openly about how plans changed and what the original six conceived for FNC were... but I doubt we'll ever know, sadly.
Well, we know Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII was trademarked at one point but that's about it.

I think it's patently obvious in the FF13 sequels they weren't planned or intended.
Forget which one but either Toriyama or Kitase said right at the beginning that FFXIII was never planned to have a sequel or become a trilogy. That might have been before they started to experience the rising costs and difficulties of HD development, which then made them think at the time that they’re going to have to make sequels in order to save time and money.

Imagine what SE’s output would have been like last generation if they never made sequels and acquired Eidos.

Last edited:

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
I believe that FNC circle now its doesn't mean anything time is passed, now Square have different strategy they planned 6 games with non sequel but now maybe we get ff15 trilogy,ff-type0-ff13 trilogy and ending the FNC world forever.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
Forget which one but either Toriyama or Kitase said right at the beginning that FFXIII was never planned to have a sequel or become a trilogy. That might have been before they started to experience the rising costs and difficulties of HD development, which then made them think at the time that they’re going to have to make sequels in order to save time and money.

Imagine what SE’s output would have been like last generation if they never made sequels and acquired Eidos.
Thats pretty obvious if anybody finished ff13-1 THE END picture was clearly show you the story is finished.I dont know where but i read somwhere all final fantasy originally planned to be exclusive PS3 game but later sony dissapointed in Square Enix because they dont see the future in these sequel FF games while Square wanted to make sequels i believe this is what happend with Ffversus(15) too. later it was planned to be exclusive PS4 game But Sony loses interest in this game too maybe this is one of the reason why sony sold all Of its square enix shares.
I wonder how many thing changed in versus 13 story what was the original story but Square never gonna tell us.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Thats pretty obvious if anybody finished ff13-1 THE END picture was clearly show you the story is finished.I dont know where but i read somwhere all final fantasy originally planned to be exclusive PS3 game but later sony dissapointed in Square Enix because they dont see the future in these sequel FF games while Square wanted to make sequels i believe this is what happend with Ffversus(15) too. later it was planned to be exclusive PS4 game But Sony loses interest in this game too maybe this is one of the reason why sony sold all Of its square enix shares.
I wonder how many thing changed in versus 13 story what was the original story but Square never gonna tell us.
You love to make stuff up, don't you?

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Tetsuya Nomura said this at E3 2013, He said that the story of FFXV remains original when it was announced back in 2006, so he didn't change the story. Tabata reinvented Type-0, which is now "Final Fantasy Agito", which is the original "Final Fantasy Agito XIII", He wanted to go back what he originally visioned.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
I wonder if we'll get more story details or more gameplay details at E3.
Getting more of both in the form of two trailers would be perfect. That was the case last E3, but if it were between the two I'd prefer to see more gameplay. After an entire year since the last time, the newest build must look even more amazing.

First & foremost, vehicle traversal gameplay. Wanna see Noctis & crew ride around in that fancy whip. Would love to also see the airship shown off.
Both would give a good indication of how big the game's world will be. In addition to that, it'd be great to see each character get some screen time since the last trailer focused primarily on Noctis.
Some awesome magic & summon gameplay, and more epic set piece battles. The camera work in those scenes gave me chills.

At the end of the day I just want to see anything from XV, really hoping it shows up.

Sep 26, 2013
Forgot one more tidbit (included it in my post above)

Along with Final Fantasy XV always being treated as a numbered title and how it never made sense to associate the game with the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy. The discussion to change Final Fantasy Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV started 1 to 2 years after the E3 2006 announcement and it became official after Final Fantasy Agito XIII became Final Fantasy Type-0 in 2011.

The game had its name changed too (and in secret) when all those other changes happened.

That's when people started to speculate a name change too now that I think about it.

Sep 26, 2013
Why did they show a trailer back in 2006 if they knew they couldn't finish the game in the VERY long-run¿
Not many companies realized what the difficulties of HD development would bring them and the adjustments that they would have to make at the beginning of last generation. Square Enix was not properly prepared and they found out the hard way.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Why did they show a trailer back in 2006 if they knew they couldn't finish the game in the VERY long-run¿
To add to @Squirrel Emperor's solid analysis there, I think it was very much also a Square thing. Square got into the habit of releasing CG-only announcement trailers before work had even begun on the game in earnest, and this was the case with both FF13 and Versus in 2006. FF13's was 'real time', but not actual game, Versus was just CG. Then they hit development trouble, and both games languished for a while with only that CG footage out there.

Ironically they haven't really learned, as indicated by announcing KH3 when Nomura himself admitted only the CG trailer and base concepts/ideas existed for it at the time.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
To add to @Squirrel Emperor's solid analysis there, I think it was very much also a Square thing. Square got into the habit of releasing CG-only announcement trailers before work had even begun on the game in earnest, and this was the case with both FF13 and Versus in 2006. FF13's was 'real time', but not actual game, Versus was just CG. Then they hit development trouble, and both games languished for a while with only that CG footage out there.

Ironically they haven't really learned, as indicated by announcing KH3 when Nomura himself admitted only the CG trailer and base concepts/ideas existed for it at the time.
Also, some of XV's scenes looked like target renders to me.