Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Explaining my stance on Final Fantasy XV

Toriyama did not direct Final Fantasy X. Kitase directed Final Fantasy X & Toriyama directed Final Fantasy X-2. Toriyama was a writer in FFX and it wasn't just him as well.
Final Fantasy X Credits

Producer:
  • Yoshinori Kitase
Directors:
  • Motomu Toriyama (Event)
  • Takayoshi Nakazato (Map)
  • Toshiro Tsuchida (Battle)
Scenario:
  • Kazushige Nojima
Final Fantasy X-2 Credits

Producer:
  • Yoshinori Kitase
Director:
  • Motomu Toriyama
Scenario:
  • Kazushige Nojima
  • Daisuke Watanabe

Kitase hasn't really directed anything since Final Fantasy VIII.

Last edited:

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Wow, I'm honestly ashamed to have read the last part of whatever mess you were trying to convey.

Not only are you jumping to conclusions, and not only are you wrong, but you're assuming the absolute worst just to fit your agenda that FFXVI is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Newsflash: We don't know a single thing about FFXVI just like we don't know a single thing about what state Versus XIII was in, and whether that game really was better than what we have now.

And then you objectify women just to prove your point. Just wish I could get some mind bleach to clear the image you put in our heads.

I expect nothing less from you, Galv.

Last edited:

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
I see why you are aggravated by the current state of FFXV, OP, but I fail to see how those things (which some of the most 'aggravating' are pure speculation by yourself) should actually matter to the others.
I mean, you then go in full swinging mode and illustrate why is that this things make you not want FFXV using a horrible metaphor with women, that was kind of pointless, really, and only weakened your 'argument'.

I don't really care about Nomura's passion nearly as much as I care about being served a good game in a timely fashion, or even being given actual concrete information about games. I don't know if Square's management did the right decision in booting Nomura off (when was the last time they had a good decision?) in regards of the actual game quality, but what I do know is that since that event became 'public', it suddenly looks like FFXV not only does actually exists outside of pre-rendered 'gameplay' scenes, but may also be coming out in less than 5 years! Not only that, but the regular updates promised by Nomura are now happening, we are even getting a demo with an actual release date.

Maybe all this is just a plan by Square's management to make me believe in Tabata, but he actually looks 100 times more competent than Nomura at this thing.
Now if only Ishimoto could compose some tracks for this game.