Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura (KHIII, Chi, 3D and more)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura KH3 Chi 3D and Costumes
Looking beyond the parts other than KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX:

-It was reported that Co-Director Tai Yasue’s remarks about Frozen being in KINGDOM HEARTS III was miscommunicated and in some cases especially the overseas audience.

-In the new worlds for KINGDOM HEARTS III, the intensity in battles have been increased to be more difficult.

-The conversation between the two mysterious figures is at least 2 minutes long or more.

-Between KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS III, we would like expand more on KINGDOM HEARTS chi during that time.

-The storyline for KINGDOM HEARTS III and KINGDOM HEARTS chi are being written simultaneously and closely associated with each other.

-About KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, concerning the HD version, there are no plans for it to make the transition.

-KINGDOM HEARTS III is progressing steadily on schedule.

-We are experiencing difficulties regarding the engine, so instead will be proceeding with scenario writing and world selections. We have also created new costumes for Sora and Riku.

-Concerning Osaka’s development with Sora, if his stats are very high, he seems to be invincible or unrivaled. (Ultimate stats)

-The Keyblade has transformation variations that are approached like the Keyblades in Birth by Sleep.

-Although there are various other things planned other than KINGDOM HEARTS III, there is currently a lot to offer and so forth.
Full interview. http://www.kh2.co.uk/kingdom-hearts-3/news/full-nomura-interview-from-famitsu.php

Last edited:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
-KINGDOM HEARTS III is progressing steadily on schedule.

-In relations to the engine, we are having difficulty with creating images for scenario writings and advancing with world selections, and we have created new costumes for Sora and Riku.
Nomura what?

Sep 26, 2013
I noticed the site updated this bit. It's a bit more clear now.

-We are experiencing difficulties regarding the engine, so instead will be proceeding with scenario writing and world selections.
Put it in the op.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Wait, WTF is Kingdom Hearts chi? Don't tell me they're making yet another spin-off...

-The Keyblade has transformation variations that are approached like the Keyblades in Birth by Sleep.
Now, I haven't played BBS, but it sounds like Nomura is trying to incorporate weapon changing system into KH3. This game's combat may turn out to be what he originally intended for FF versus XIII.

Now I'm waiting to see Sora warp with a Keyblade :cool:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Can't wait for Tae Yasue to save the day! /s

Though I'm a bit confused, porting seems to be going fine for XV... why is KH3 having trouble rendering?
There might be various reasons: this is (according to them) the first game fully using Luminous, while XV is still a mix between Ebony (custom engine) and Luminous.

There is also the shader thing. There might be some problem trying to create so many different shaders for every world.

Or maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it (and the Osaka Team has developed for portables for a long time, and this is a new gen).

I hope Luminous (as in, a game using it completely) doesn't become Crystal Tools 2. That engine alone was source of sooooo many sad things last gen...

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
From my understanding, isn't the goal to transition to Luminous? or do you mean the assets were already built up and KH3 is from the ground up.

I think it might be the shader & lighting. (Though I'm not a fan of what I saw in the KH3 videos so far)

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I think it's their intention if everything goes alright, but I don't think they'll fully do it, some of the skelleton of Ebony will always remain. But I don't understand much about this, so I don't know (the good news is that they have really improved it compared to E3: it was still very PS3-ish there and now it looks really impresive).

And yeah, I think it has to be the shaders and lightning. I actually liked how (artistically) those videos looked, they seem a natural progression of the series to HD and the shader thing is really exciting.

But that was a reaaaaally early build (if anything), so we basically know nothing about how it'll look!

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
I think it might be the shader & lighting. (Though I'm not a fan of what I saw in the KH3 videos so far)
Don't be. Those videos are to show whatever early concept work and engines they have done so far for the game. No straight conclusions can be made out of them.
However, the story tease on the E3 2013 2.5 HD ReMIX trailer...... That's all we got.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
If they are having engine issues, it's probably just their current state of development. I'm glad to see that Nomura outright says, yeah we're having some troubles here, but we are working on the scenario work in the meantime at full force.

By the way, after hearing more about the transition with Tabata becoming the director over the course of those few years and seeing Nomura giving interviews about engine problems... it's pretty safe to say that he isn't going anywhere... and that the director swap was just something they planned and came off in a bad way.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Don't be. Those videos are to show whatever early concept work and engines they have done so far for the game. No straight conclusions can be made out of them.
However, the story tease on the E3 2013 2.5 HD ReMIX trailer...... That's all we got.
I hope so. It's just it looks like a weird mix of realistic and cartoonish?

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
Damn reading this made me excited again! It was rather obvious that the remarks about Frozen was a part of miscommunication. I would like to know more about how the storylines of 3 and Chi are closely associated with each other.

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
I'd like to know more about why they thought it would be a good idea to associate III's story with a browser game that's only available in Japan.
:\
If you think about it, why would anyone go out of their way to play a browser game unless it holds something of interest? Here it can be the link of the story. Of course this is just a guess, but i'm pretty sure to grab players attention they'll need something haha

May 26, 2014
If you think about it, why would anyone go out of their way to play a browser game unless it holds something of interest? Here it can be the link of the story. Of course this is just a guess, but I'm pretty sure to grab players attention they'll need something haha
Yeah, that's a good point. I mean, I'm assuming they're doing this to get more people to play Chi so they can make more money. I just hope they either release Chi overseas or make relevant story information available in some other format. I haven't played these things for 10+ years only to be dissatisfied by the ending because I didn't play a friggin' browser game.

I mean, if it comes down to it I'll just read about Chi's story online. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have translated/summarized the basic gist of it.