Fan Game, faithful recreation of gameplay mechanics from several FF characters in my homemade FF6 engine. Playable demos, videos. Currently Recruiting

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 12, 2019

So I've sort of retro engineered FF6's combat engine and set out to recreate every main character from the series while preserving as many features as possible from their original game. That means Cloud gets his limit break bar, he gets to add materia to his weapons and create materia combos. That means Squall gets to draw spells, junction magic to his stats. Basically, the characters are meant to play just like you played them. Which is a TON of work. It's like making a whole new game every time I add a new character.

Here's the project's twitter account where you can see updates and a lot of the work that's been done. Here's the project's youtube channel where you can check out some videos such as a the party simultaneously fighting Safer Sephiroth and Kefka.

Some GIFs

Drawing

Elemancy from FFXV

Equipment Menu

So like I said, getting all that done is A LOT OF work. For the graphics I'm mostly, but not entirely covered. There are some sprites, specially the walking poses, that I'll need. Also portraits in the same style as Dissidia Duodecim for the White Mage, Black Mage, Monk.

What I really need help with is extra programming man power. This whole thing's being done in GameMaker Studio 2, so having it is a requirement I suppose.

I've been working on this project for a while now and I wish it didn't consume all my programming time. So, for it to move at a decent pace I need some help.

Any big fans of the series willing to help out? Remember, the goal here is to recreate the characters as close to what they were. The biggest change is in removing things like redundant jobs or redundant magic.