FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2013
The truth of the rumor is up in the air at the moment. I feel that we won't have long to wait for a confirmation or denial, but neither prospect is all that scary. If it needs more time in the oven it should definitely be allowed that time. If not, then there's nothing to get worked up about in the first place so I won't stress either way. If there's something wrong with it I'd definitely rather they take the time to fix it than push it out the door anyway.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
From a forum poster(Shuya):
"It's kinda hard to believe this considering they wrote -

「ファイナルファンタジーXV」はPS4/XboxOneで2016年9月30日発売予定。
Final Fantasy XV is scheduled to be released for the PS4/Xbox One on 9/30/2016.

On the latest World of Wonder trailer on Youtube that was released like in what less than a day ago. And since they don't usually write the release date on uploaded videos, I'm inclined to think that they are on schedule".

Ragnarok

Balamb Garden Freshman
Apr 7, 2016
Finland
I really hope they are on schedule. I will be a bit disappointed if there's gonna be a delay, but I also understand that if they need more time to polish everything up, then that's how it goes and there's nothing we can do about it. I'd rather have a finished working product than something unplayable even if it meant I have to wait longer for the game.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I'm generally okay with delays. BUT after so firmly cemeting a release date with such a large event(Uncovered)that hyped up and finally promised to give us a date is just a slap in the face imo.

And then too release a trailer a day ago, stating in the trailer that the release will in fact be still on the 30th Sept to then turn around the next day or two to say "expect a two month delay" is just madness.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I mean, a delay is usually something a game can really benefit from (TLOU, Uncharted 4... are recent very well received games that come to mind), but yeah, as Chinglee says, considering you had a huge event just for the date (well, alright, MAINLY for the date) and that this game is in a... very particular kind of situation, it really sucks.

It's certainly not the end of the world because it's just two months and well, you know, it's just a game! But still dissapointing, especially because during that fucking time I'll be full on studying for my finals, so this might be yet another fucking Uncharted 4 situation (a game I couldn't get to play until a month after its release).

Actually, just realized that, if this rumour is confirmed, I wouldn't be able to play this until FEBRUARY! The whole months of December and January will be stacked for me in terms of exams. Just realized it. All's well.
It isn't :dead:

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
First of all I don't believe that this delay is true.

However, if it comes to be then I think I'll probably cancel my pre-orders and just get the normal game as a Christmas present - As it would just kill my hype completely. Sep 30th was the perfect date as it was just before my term started, so I'd be able to put good time into it and doss around the first couple weeks of term. November 30th is roughly 3 weeks before deadlines, which is no time to be messing around...

Everyone is being cool about the fact that it might be delayed, stating that more polish time is good time. However it's been in development for so long that I don't think that's good enough. ESPECIALLY after the big deal Tabata made about setting a firm release date and sticking to it. If this all does prove to be true I think it will kill all faith in SE for me, after the abysmal FFXIII-2 and lightning returns, then the trouble they seem to have with KH, and the rocky start FFXIV had...

Maybe I'm just being mellow dramatic, however I will still cancel my pre-orders because Nov 30th is a shit date for anyone at Uni/College.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Actually, just realized that, if this rumour is confirmed, I wouldn't be able to play this until FEBRUARY! The whole months of December and January will be stacked for me in terms of exams. Just realized it. All's well.
It isn't :dead:
Man, I've got it bad as well. I've gotta organise my wedding and have certain part of the house renovated as well! I was gonna use the whole of October(took a couple weeks off starting sept 30th)to fully concentrate of FFXV and after that I planned the get wedding and house stuff sorted. I don't think I'll get the change to play the game till next year if the rumours turn out to be true :/

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016

However, if it comes to be then I think I'll probably cancel my pre-orders and just get the normal game as a Christmas present - As it would just kill my hype completely. Sep 30th was the perfect date as it was just before my term started, so I'd be able to put good time into it and doss around the first couple weeks of term. November 30th is roughly 3 weeks before deadlines, which is no time to be messing around...

Everyone is being cool about the fact that it might be delayed, stating that more polish time is good time. However it's been in development for so long that I don't think that's good enough. ESPECIALLY after the big deal Tabata made about setting a firm release date and sticking to it. If this all does prove to be true I think it will kill all faith in SE for me, after the abysmal FFXIII-2 and lightning returns, then the trouble they seem to have with KH, and the rocky start FFXIV had...

Maybe I'm just being mellow dramatic, however I will still cancel my pre-orders because Nov 30th is a shit date for anyone at Uni/College.
I feel you, man. But still, we gotta wait for official confirmation. Believe!

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain

Man, I've got it bad as well. I've gotta organise my wedding and have certain part of the house renovated as well! I was gonna use the whole of October(took a couple weeks off starting sept 30th)to fully concentrate of FFXV and after that I planned the get wedding and house stuff sorted. I don't think I'll get the change to play the game till next year if the rumours turn out to be true :/
We should create a group for "Victims of FFXV's delay who planned ahead to play the game/whose calendar is now royally fucked".

Seriously, before thinking it through I was like "it's dissapointing and certainly not the best sign, but I've waited a decade, so two months I can live with". Now that I've realized that I won't be able to play this until February... well, I really, really hope this isn't true lol. What a bummer, man.

PS: Congrats on the wedding, btw!

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Lol "victims of FFXV" xD
Thanks! In the meantime, I guess i have more time to convince my 'other half to be' that she should play FFXV when it's out,(she's mildly interested even though she doesn't play much video games heh).

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
I like that. I'd be in that group ><

I believe a ad banner was posted of the game in gamestop displaying 30th Sept. Well another user posted the same banner from a different gamestop and

it thankfully also displays the original release date.
This gives me hope. The bottom doesn't look photoshoped :)

P.S Congrats on the wedding!

Steven Mailloux

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Well this sucks, cause if this is true, they just scrapped my FF15 experience entirely, I took arrangements for my vacation so that my childhood best friend and I could play it together at his place, which is a 10 hours drive from where I live now, and since I work for a school board we are not allowed to take vacations during the end of November-early December period as we are already off during the Holidays, and I can't go during the holidays because I already have something planned with family, this is utter bullshit.

Usually I don't mind delays as they give more time to developers to increase the quality, but this time around, I was really hoping that no delay would happen, I mean, they took so long to announce the release date to make sure they could deliver, and yet, they'll delay it?

I'm baffled. 10 years of hype and dreams down the drain.

If they want to delay it, delay it until February or March, then I'll be able to reschedule my vacation, but hey, that's just me.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
If it means avoiding a repeat of XIV 1.0, then by all means go ahead and delay it, SE.

Last edited:

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I don't give any veracity to the delay rumor, but there's definitely more good than bad to come from a November release if we're thinking long-term.
- More solid game on release
- No competition from other AAA titles

Personally, I wouldn't mind either because my game log is stacked from September-October anyways.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
I don't give any veracity to the delay rumor, but there's definitely more good than bad to come from a November release if we're thinking long-term.
- More solid game on release
- No competition from other AAA titles

Personally, I wouldn't mind either because my game log is stacked from September-October anyways.
They've been supposedly optimizing for a year already, how much difference would 2 months make!? Just put the game out now and patch it, ala Witcher 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.